Peak season 2021 a dud?

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I started noticing guys/gals standing around our dispatch office that I didn't know....not in uniform. Overheard dispatcher tell one: "You can go home now". Huh? Yep. Contractor doing local CPU. I asked, he said: "Been here all day, running back and forth...".

There ya go.

I also noticed ragged old not brown nor black magnetic temporary badged rentals flying past inbound and parking trailers on pads and doors. Usual speeding, running stop signs, flip flops and pajamas....

Yep.
Contractors doing CPU.

UPS used to care about appearance and all that....

Folks....this is the future. Would not be surprised when our uniforms become just a t-shirt.
Not sure anything could be worse than these hideous polos

UPSER1987

I started noticing guys/gals standing around our dispatch office that I didn't know....not in uniform. Overheard dispatcher tell one: "You can go home now". Huh? Yep. Contractor doing local CPU. I asked, he said: "Been here all day, running back and forth...".

There ya go.

I also noticed ragged old not brown nor black magnetic temporary badged rentals flying past inbound and parking trailers on pads and doors. Usual speeding, running stop signs, flip flops and pajamas....

Yep.
Contractors doing CPU.

UPS used to care about appearance and all that....

Folks....this is the future. Would not be surprised when our uniforms become just a t-shirt.
Appearance flexibility is what many drivers wished for. You look unprofessional…so you get treated unprofessionally. Be careful what you wish for. Shrugs shoulders.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Appearance flexibility is what many drivers wished for. You look unprofessional…so you get treated unprofessionally. Be careful what you wish for. Shrugs shoulders.
Everyone wants to beable to look like the fedex guys, but theyre gonna cry like little babies when they start paying us like the fedex guys.

specter208

We had lots of PVDs. I think we started ussing them sooner than last year. PT cover drivers only barely started getting scheduled to drive this week.

DVIR

Maybe UPS is less seasonal than it used to be. Ever since covid started people have talked about how it's always peak. So of course peak season is going to seem lighter than usual.
I’ve been with ups for 3 years. 2 years as a driver with my own route. For peak My stops have been cut in half. My bulk pickups covered and i get a helper. The rest of the year is a disaster and i work until 11:00 but the last 2 years peak has been way easier than the rest of the year. It’s almost as if peak is now january-november with a one month relief break🤣