Permanent layoffs question

Monstro2525

In my building every 22.4 is currently working inside. If the contract goes through and every 22.4 is converted to rpcd, wouldn’t the company just lay off all the extra new drivers if they haven’t been using us anyways? In my supplement rpcd have to drive at least once a week in order to retain full time driver rate.

PT Car Washer

In my building every 22.4 is currently working inside. If the contract goes through and every 22.4 is converted to rpcd, wouldn’t the company just lay off all the extra new drivers if they haven’t been using us anyways? In my supplement rpcd have to drive at least once a week in order to retain full time driver rate.
Or would 22.4 combination drivers convert to 22.3 combination employees working inside FT.

Monstro2525

Or would 22.4 combination drivers convert to 22.3 combination employees working inside FT.
That is a good suggestion, was also thinking they maintain the 22.4 on a Tuesday- Saturday schedule allowing them to always get that Saturday punch in. I was a tcd before becoming 22.4 so I was red circled, going inside the building at $35 an hour is pretty sweet. In my opinion 22.4 shouldn’t be eliminated but definitely needs to be reworked.

542thruNthru

22.4 afforded you certain protections that most took for granted. Depending on your supp you could be laid off working a split shift in your building at a lower rate. We'll have to wait and see what happens with this new contract and how fast the volume returns though.

Thebrownblob

22.4 afforded you certain protections that most took for granted. Depending on your supp you could be laid off working a split shift in your building at a lower rate. We'll have to wait and see what happens with this new contract and how fast the volume returns though.
So many are not thinking about that, and could be very disappointed after the contract passes without 22.4 language. Certainly overall I think we would be better off without it but there are a few things that help the 22.4, especially when they’re laid off.

How can I pay you a lower rate when your full-time?

542thruNthru

How can I pay you a lower rate when your full-time?
Lots of supps have this language and many people don't realize it. This is from the Western PA supp.
Screenshot_20230516_150655_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Notice the "at the appropriate rate for the classification of work performed".

Granted this one is a little more complicated then others by the implementation of (B). But as you can see FT drivers could drop to their preload rate of pay which is below top rate.

Lots of supps have this language and many people don't realize it. This is from the Western PA supp.
View attachment 429200

Notice the "at the appropriate rate for the classification of work performed".

Granted this one is a little more complicated then others by the implementation of (B). But as you can see FT drivers could drop to their preload rate of pay which is below top rate.
Everyone's worried about the money in the contract not about the language.,