Personal and Economic Freedom for Individuals

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Of course.
Where are ya getting this stupid crap from?
I've never heard this kind of crap about Libertarianism in over forty years of studying and thinking about Libertarianism.
I was just putting the statement forward as consideration hoping he would come to the conclusion on his own.
I lean libertarian but don't like the label. Politically agnostic might be more accurate.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Despite your protests (A) will lead to (B). It is easy to say you are against this or that, but there are consequences for those actions. You of all people I would think should understand that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. You cut programs there will be people who suffer
And some people should 'suffer'.
The US Government rewards losers and non-achievers and punishes the people who work hard and achieve good things for society.

I seriously wonder what our society and government is doing by propping up the "least-fit" members and 'funding' these least-fit citizens to have more children.

BrownArmy

I don't know and don't care ... I don't belong to groups and I doubt I'll ever join a Libertarian group/party.

If that's the case, and I have no reason to think it's not, why did you start a post about your idea for a better 'slogan' for Libertarianism?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If that's the case, and I have no reason to think it's not, why did you start a post about your idea for a better 'slogan' for Libertarianism?
An exchange of ideas?
What's wrong with that?
Obviously whatever ideas the Democrats and Republicans have are not being applied either or they need to redefine their ideas.

BrownArmy

The US Government rewards losers and non-achievers and punishes the people who work hard and achieve good things for society.

I seriously wonder what our society and government is doing by propping up the "least-fit" members and 'funding' these least-fit citizens to have more children.

And this is the part where you and I diverge massively.

I guess we just see the same thing and come to different conclusions.

Not a problem, turns out there's a bunch of folk in this country, and each and every one of them has their own opinion.

It's all good.

rickyb

american libertarianism is a perversion of traditional libertarianism. american libertarians want to eliminate the government and replace it with nothing as a counter weight to corporate power. so its essentially corporate tyranny.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It occurs to me that most, not all, of the normal Current Event posters are not interested in exchanging ideas.
I have never understood why Current Events posters post the way they do.
I still don't but at least I understand now that ya do not post here to exchange ideas and knowledge.
I always assumed exchanging ideas and knowledge was the purpose of spending time discussing stuff but now I realize that assumption was false.

Carry on ... I guess.

bbsam

Staff member
Your original post here was not sincere ... just another example of the typical type of posting by most people in Current Events.
Why don't you and @bbsam hook up and be snarky and unproductive together?
When are you going to learn to take as well as you give? Seriously. How did you get through an entire career being such a crybaby?

bbsam

Staff member

Actually you old facts should hurry up and die.

Sportello

That is blatantly false. In fact that is pretty much the opposite of what happens.

seriously wonder what our society and government is doing by propping up the "least-fit" members and 'funding' these least-fit citizens to have more children.
Maybe making soldiers and prison guards? We're gonna need them.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
When are you going to learn to take as well as you give? Seriously. How did you get through an entire career being such a crybaby?
I was often put in groups/teams at UPS specifically to encourage exchange of ideas and to keep the discussion on track towards productive output.
If a team of UPSers were to conduct themselves like posters in Current Events do ... they would be reprimanded and probably disciplined.

I just realized tonight that the typical poster in Current Events does not care about the exchange of ideas or knowledge and are, as apparently in your case, more interested in just knocking heads and practice being Shawn Hannity.

I don't believe that discussions have to be like Current Events but unfortunately, as @cheryl has set up the site, this is the only forum to discuss and exchange ideas and knowledge.

Sportello

Well, I guess you're talking to me and bbsam, because no one else has been commenting.

Try some sativa hybrids. that indica can make you cra

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well, I guess you're talking to me and bbsam, because no one else has been commenting.

Try some sativa hybrids. that indica can make you cra
Actually, there were 3 pages of pretty good discussion and exchange of ideas before you and @bbsam showed up.
You two seem to be hell bent on disrupting any exchange of ideas.
Ya don't seem interested in presenting any ideas ... just attacking anyone you don't agree with.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Get what? That we don't take care of citizens the way we should? Will Libertarianism correct that?
Exchange of Ideas and Knowledge.
Go back and read your posts.
All you have done is knock down anything posted if you don't agree with it.
Not one idea have you put forth.