Personal Vehicle Deliveries(peak)

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
From what we have been told it is for more rural areas. Driver will leave a bunch of pieces in either a storage locker or someone's garage. The seasonals will the run the stuff that is out of the way while the normal drivers will grab the more dense stuff.

We had a conference call with the guy in the district who is in charge of it all. I will say I was actually impressed with how much thought they have put into it. There were some tough questions asked and they had some pretty good answers on it.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
How do you bend at the knees when lifting out of the trunk or back door of a '98 chevy cavalier? Do they need to recite the Five and Ten? Do they have to back at less than 3mph and honk??? Jesus H Christ man, who's in charge around here???

MyTripisCut

From what we have been told it is for more rural areas. Driver will leave a bunch of pieces in either a storage locker or someone's garage. The seasonals will the run the stuff that is out of the way while the normal drivers will grab the more dense stuff.

We had a conference call with the guy in the district who is in charge of it all. I will say I was actually impressed with how much thought they have put into it. There were some tough questions asked and they had some pretty good answers on it.
Someone sign for the packages in the garage??? I'm not leaving them.

Gear

Parts on Order
Ummm how about needing a DOT physical?

If we all need them all of these drivers would need them also. They'd also need a DOT Vehicle number on their veHicle

They're not getting physicals or DOT numbers. They would just show up, load packages, then deliver them. These people will be your average joe with nothing to lose trying to make a buck. None of these guys will have 6 figure 401k and matching house.

MyTripisCut

They're not getting physicals or DOT numbers. They would just show up, load packages, then deliver them. These people will be your average joe with nothing to lose trying to make a buck. None of these guys will have 6 figure 401k and matching house.
Neither will any of us before long....

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
How do you bend at the knees when lifting out of the trunk or back door of a '98 chevy cavalier? Do they need to recite the Five and Ten? Do they have to back at less than 3mph and honk??? Jesus H Christ man, who's in charge around here???
There is a vehicle size requirement

MyTripisCut

They will be issued a vehicle number by the company just like the peak rentals. They don't need a DOT card.

I find it amazing that so many people thing UPS hasn't run this past the legal department.
If I catch one of these guys not following the methods I'm taking a baseball bat to their windshield.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They will be issued a vehicle number by the company just like the peak rentals. They don't need a DOT card.

I find it amazing that so many people thing UPS hasn't run this past the legal department.
I'm surprised they are willing to take the hit to the company image. People freak out and don't belive I'm a driver when I'm in a uhaul.

Right or wrong people expect more from ups. Will these guys have uniforms? Be held to appearance standards?

That's a big double standard.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm surprised they are willing to take the hit to the company image. People freak out and don't belive I'm a driver when I'm in a uhaul.

Right or wrong people expect more from ups. Will these guys have uniforms? Be held to appearance standards?

That's a big double standard.
Wasn't on the call for that half. I hopped on at the end