Personal Vehicle Deliveries(peak)

clean hairy

UPS going to buy more diads and give them diad training?
Would not put it past them to contact recently retired drivers who might want to make some extra beer money a few days a week.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm surprised they are willing to take the hit to the company image. People freak out and don't belive I'm a driver when I'm in a uhaul.

Right or wrong people expect more from ups. Will these guys have uniforms? Be held to appearance standards?

That's a big double standard.

Work release
Straight outta Rahway

UPS going to buy more diads and give them diad training?
Would not put it past them to contact recently retired drivers who might want to make some extra beer money a few days a week.

I thought they already did that. Could have sworn I talked to a guy last peak who said he retired ten years ago and comes on peak to stay busy. It's non union so it's not like someone couldn't.

Faceplanted

I'll ask again... what's the unions opinion of this?

No cares in the world I'm sure. If tcd guys don't get to drive, and guys are using personal vehicles can the tcd guys file?

Come on union guys... where are you?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'll ask again... what's the unions opinion of this?

No cares in the world I'm sure. If tcd guys don't get to drive, and guys are using personal vehicles can the tcd guys file?

Come on union guys... where are you?
It's pretty pathetic but the contract essentially goes out the window every peak.

I would imagine TCD have a right to the work first. I mean every year we have helpers working when they are still trying to send drivers home.

bumped

What happens when packages go missing? The peak hire said he never got them and they weren't in the garage/locker/whatever. Who is held responsible for the missing packages?

If the packages are being stored in a residential garage, then an anonymous call to the TV stations are in order. UPS put a stop to that pretty quickly last year.

Faceplanted

If the packages are being stored in a residential garage, then an anonymous call to the TV stations are in order. UPS put a stop to that pretty quickly last year.
Goes against most city ordinances and codes. Ups doesn't care.

Our ba called the news and they did an investisrion. It was hilarious. At the end of the day nothing changed.

They should offer personal use cars for existing employees based on seniority and bump their pay until peak is over, thereby giving them "driving experience", and help perpetuate a company culture of utilizing existing employees and encourage them to stay.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They should offer personal use cars for existing employees based on seniority and bump their pay until peak is over, thereby giving them "driving experience", and help perpetuate a company culture of utilizing existing employees and encourage them to stay.
You have to be new here.....lol..

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Current UPS employees are not eligible.