Personal Vehicle Deliveries(peak)

Faceplanted

Current UPS employees are not eligible.
Wow. So make 3 year guys slave and load trucks for 11.50hr, but guys off the street can make 18hr to drive their own climate controlled office around... maybe getting high while doing so.

How are we getting so backwards. Honestly it's getting sad.

Resident ibt union guys have anything to say?.... they haven't replied in a while to this thread.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Wow. So make 3 year guys slave and load trucks for 11.50hr, but guys off the street can make 18hr to drive their own climate controlled office around... maybe getting high while doing so.

How are we getting so backwards. Honestly it's getting sad.

Resident ibt union guys have anything to say?.... they haven't replied in a while to this thread.

They are taking it under advisement right now

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Ups would contract out its entire workforce if it could. This is not just a solution for peak. This is what is going to be year round because magically we didn't hire enough drivers to cover vacations. Its happening right now in feeders. Package your next.

The Driver

I drive.
I just don't get it. Uber I get. This I don't. Here's why: what percentage of gig economy folks actually have a vehicle that can store enough packages to make it worth it for the driver? Will it only be smalls they're delivering? If so then wouldn't the management of what constitutes a "small" take human effort and time and defeat the purpose? If it's only smalls the gig driver is delivering, doesn't that logically mean they will drive further and cover streets that the FT UPS driver has to deliver on anyway?

I feel like this isn't going to save the company that much money. I agree that this is mostly to pull one over on the shareholders.

Box Ox

I just don't get it. Uber I get. This I don't. Here's why: what percentage of gig economy folks actually have a vehicle that can store enough packages to make it worth it for the driver? Will it only be smalls they're delivering? If so then wouldn't the management of what constitutes a "small" take human effort and time and defeat the purpose? If it's only smalls the gig driver is delivering, doesn't that logically mean they will drive further and cover streets that the FT UPS driver has to deliver on anyway?

I feel like this isn't going to save the company that much money. I agree that this is mostly to pull one over on the shareholders.

I could see my center sending a shuttle (large rented truck) and leaving it locked in a designated parking lot on area for the personal vehicle drivers to come back and reload from. Same way we regular drivers grab our second and third loads during peak.

The Driver

I drive.
I could see my center sending a shuttle (large rented truck) and leaving it locked in a designated parking lot on area for the personal vehicle drivers to come back and reload from. Same way we regular drivers grab our second and third loads during peak.

UPS would be putting a lot of trust in the scabs to not take another scab's packages from the Enterprise truck...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

A thiefs dream

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Dumb crap ,, have any of these lardy slob corporate i.e. Tards seen the size of packages lately??? What world do these scumbag loser jerks live?? Bunch of idiots can all go to hell. Another disasters of a peak, I think it will be our worst ever thanks to our current corporate team of jackasses

Yolo

We've had seasonal People delivering on golf carts for peak past 2 years. Driver meets up with golf cart driver and gives him stops to deliver.

ManInBrown

It's not some random's garage. It would be a supervisor's or someone at UPS
What do you mean supervisor, "or someone" who's the someone? No hourly would ever agree to this.

Kiss my a** you think I'm letting you leave packages in my garage for some derelict to take union bargained work away from my brothers and sisters.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Where can I sign up???

Will I finally get to wear a brownie shirt ?

Or... Will it be a reflective vest with "UPS helper" written on it?

I'm allowed to use your printed OrioN maps and printed delivery manifests? As well as my own windshield mounted GPS units????

upschuck

Where can I sign up???

Will I finally get to wear a brownie shirt ?

Or... Will it be a reflective vest with "UPS helper" written on it?

I'm allowed to use your printed OrioN maps and printed delivery manifests? As well as my own windshield mounted GPS units????
Didn't we buy a company that was suppose display the gps map/directions on the windshield a few years back? Wonder what happened to that purchase.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
No idea, I'm on team eggplant right now... but if I'm gonna stay out on the roads until midnight during peak season, I'd rather get paid by the hour.