PHL NIGHT SORT OPERATION Monday night

kingOFchester

Chesapeake District has made the decision to CANCEL the PHL NIGHT SORT OPERATION on Monday night. This cancellation is ONLY for PHL Night Sort Employees.

kingOFchester

Hurricane Sandy Update - Saturday, October 27

Hurricane Sandy is expected to make landfall in the early morning hours of Monday, October 29. According to projected storm paths, the entire Chesapeake District will be affected by this storm.

The safety of people is UPS’s first priority in emergency or crisis situations.

That is why the Chesapeake District has made the decision to CANCEL the PHL NIGHT SORT OPERATION on Monday night. This cancellation is ONLY for PHL Night Sort Employees.

All other buildings and operations are operating as planned on Monday. All employees should report to work as scheduled.

Chesapeake District Crisis Communication Process
All employees are encouraged to follow the Chesapeake District Crisis Communication Process to stay informed on operational plans and procedures.First - call or text your immediate supervisor or any management team member for work-related information.
  • Next – check UPSers.com for announcements
  • Last – call the Chesapeake District Emergency Hotline (1-800-562-4877)
Employees are encouraged to follow @UPSChesapeake on Twitter to learn when updates have been made to UPSers.com and the Hotline. No operational plans or procedures will be communicated on Twitter, just announcements that updates have been made.Include the hash tag #UPSChesapeake in any tweets regarding the storm.

If for any reason, you and your family need to evacuate your home or city, please contact your supervisor within 24 hours and let him/her know your location, contact information, and that you are safe and secure.

It is important that your contact information is up-to-date in the event of an emergency. Please verify your address, main telephone number, cell phone number, emergency contact, and email address are correct by selecting the “edit my profile” link at the top of this screen.

If an employee cannot log on to UPSers.com, he/she should complete a “technical help form” with the details of the issue and a new password will be sent to you within the hour. The form can be accessed by clicking “Log in help” under the User ID box on the UPSers.com login page.

UPS reserves the right in its sole discretion to disallow or remove any messages, comments, or posts for any reason at any time. Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately after submission. Comments will not be posted if they include personal attacks or profanity, are irrelevant to the content matter, or are unlawful, threatening, libelous, or obscene, or otherwise violate the

Web Site Terms of Use. Such comments may be forwarded to the appropriate departments for follow-up

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
There is a simple reason for this, the philly airport is likely closed tomorrow night already, or UPS thinks its going to be closed and is not going to send anything to the airport.

Nickfury7

Keep checking upsers.com for updates for PHL, but it looks like package cars will be on the road tomorrow. Looks like ill be working.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Wind gust to over 60 in philly area tomorrow, if UPS sends people out in that I never ever want to hear about safety from UPS again.

If they send people out in weather like that everyone should just refuse.

Hurricane Sandy Update - Saturday, October 27

Hurricane Sandy is expected to make landfall in the early morning hours of Monday, October 29. According to projected storm paths, the entire Chesapeake District will be affected by this storm.

The safety of people is UPS’s first priority in emergency or crisis situations.

That is why the Chesapeake District has made the decision to CANCEL the PHL NIGHT SORT OPERATION on Monday night. This cancellation is ONLY for PHL Night Sort Employees.

All other buildings and operations are operating as planned on Monday. All employees should report to work as scheduled.

Chesapeake District Crisis Communication Process
All employees are encouraged to follow the Chesapeake District Crisis Communication Process to stay informed on operational plans and procedures.First - call or text your immediate supervisor or any management team member for work-related information.
  • Next – check UPSers.com for announcements
  • Last – call the Chesapeake District Emergency Hotline (1-800-562-4877)
Employees are encouraged to follow @UPSChesapeake on Twitter to learn when updates have been made to UPSers.com and the Hotline. No operational plans or procedures will be communicated on Twitter, just announcements that updates have been made.Include the hash tag #UPSChesapeake in any tweets regarding the storm.

If for any reason, you and your family need to evacuate your home or city, please contact your supervisor within 24 hours and let him/her know your location, contact information, and that you are safe and secure.

It is important that your contact information is up-to-date in the event of an emergency. Please verify your address, main telephone number, cell phone number, emergency contact, and email address are correct by selecting the “edit my profile” link at the top of this screen.

If an employee cannot log on to UPSers.com, he/she should complete a “technical help form” with the details of the issue and a new password will be sent to you within the hour. The form can be accessed by clicking “Log in help” under the User ID box on the UPSers.com login page.

UPS reserves the right in its sole discretion to disallow or remove any messages, comments, or posts for any reason at any time. Comments are moderated and may not appear immediately after submission. Comments will not be posted if they include personal attacks or profanity, are irrelevant to the content matter, or are unlawful, threatening, libelous, or obscene, or otherwise violate the

Web Site Terms of Use. Such comments may be forwarded to the appropriate departments for follow-up
anonymous approves of this.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
All flights into Dulles look to be cancelled after about 2200 tonight, so airs will probably be light tomorrow.

Nickfury7

They better not cut No routes tomorrow. They should try to run as many as possible so we are not out there for long. But I doubt it, all the high seniority guys were already putting thete name down to take off Monday n Tuesday.

kingOFchester

If they send us out but call us back do we get 8 or does the act pd god give them a free pass to put us out in harms way without a guarantee of at least making our 8?

Nickfury7

I have no idea, there so much shhht with ups, its too much to learn. I'm still trying to make my ft seniority. Hard enough trying to understand that. But if I do go, I better get paid for 8.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If they send us out but call us back do we get 8 or does the act pd god give them a free pass to put us out in harms way without a guarantee of at least making our 8?
I'm pretty sure the "act of god" clause wouldn't apply in that situation, if they've already put you on the clock you get your guarantee. Even if it did it's supposed to be for sudden unexpected events, they've been talking about this storm for a week now.