Polar Bear Hunting --The Knockout Game

wkmac

It only took 40 posts to get to the crux of the problem-----young black men growing up without a strong father figure.

Malcolm X talked about this same problem, speaking and taking it head on with white America going batschitt crazy. Not that Malcolm was alone but just maybe he saw the train wreck that was a coming. And don't fool yourself that the same wreck hasn't been going on in the white community either. White fathers might have stayed married but for many their first wife was money making America and how high in career they could go. Kids often the victims of those choices.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When we grew up, it was not uncommon for one of the parents, traditionally the mother, to stay-at- home. Kids got off the school bus and someone was there to greet them. "Latch-key kids"? It was very rare for one of our friends to go home to an empty house. My father got home from work at 5:30 and my mother had dinner on the table. We ate dinner together every night and on Sunday nights it was "required viewing" to watch Mutual of Omaha's "Wild Kingdom".

Today it is the exception rather than the norm for one of the parents to stay home. Kids often go home to an empty house. Dinner together? A bucket of chicken thrown on the table to be picked at between video games and facebook.

While we as a society have made great strides since Ozzie met Harriet, we have regressed when it comes to social interaction and raising our children.

oldngray

nowhere special
Mutual of Omaha's "Wild Kingdom"? About all I remember about that show was Marlin Perkins would be calmly narrating while a lion was chewing pieces off Jim.

island1fox

I don't expect you to be a good role.model and father figure to every wayward white thug. I don't see you condemning every crime they commit. Why do you expect it of me? Why aren't you mentoring Ritchie Incognito?

bbsam,

I know you will find this hard to believe--My blood brother died --My closest friend told me that as long as he is on this earth --I will always have a Brother --He is Black.

I feel for him and for you ---good people that are hard working Black American's raising their children and dealing with daily life.:wink2:

My brother and I have had real --hard discussions on this topic.

The Black population is 12.6 of the total U.S. population --but account for over 50% of the gun murders. Very high percentage of violent crimes done by young Black men.
It has become an American EPIDEMIC !!! Something has to done ---dropping out of school at the highest numbers--gangs--drugs--fathering out of wedlock children --not raising or supporting them ----Many of us --like my family were enslaved by the same English empire --HISTORY--many of us did not have AFFIRMATIVE action and all the liberal entitlement programs to make it .
No more excuses --We need our President --A Black Man ---and National Black Leaders to step up ---it is out of control.

As you know --Black youths are killing Black youths----- When will the Black Communities stand up and stop the generation after generation ---WASTE of life !!!:sick:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Two of these thugs have already found out that not everyone is willing to be a victim.
They were with a group that had already attacked two girls , break one of their arms .
They left the group to find their own target , two youths barely 12 yrs old .
The one they picked was armed with a knife , one died , they other was stabbed in the back .
The next day the police went to a man's house and he willingly gave the cops the knife he used . Much to the dismay of the youth's parents no charges were ever filed .

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam,

I know you will find this hard to believe--My blood brother died --My closest friend told me that as long as he is on this earth --I will always have a Brother --He is Black.

I feel for him and for you ---good people that are hard working Black American's raising their children and dealing with daily life.:wink2:

My brother and I have had real --hard discussions on this topic.

The Black population is 12.6 of the total U.S. population --but account for over 50% of the gun murders. Very high percentage of violent crimes done by young Black men.
It has become an American EPIDEMIC !!! Something has to done ---dropping out of school at the highest numbers--gangs--drugs--fathering out of wedlock children --not raising or supporting them ----Many of us --like my family were enslaved by the same English empire --HISTORY--many of us did not have AFFIRMATIVE action and all the liberal entitlement programs to make it .
No more excuses --We need our President --A Black Man ---and National Black Leaders to step up ---it is out of control.

As you know --Black youths are killing Black youths----- When will the Black Communities stand up and stop the generation after generation ---WASTE of life !!!:sick:

When? When we are no longer the "black community" but Americans. When the problems of the "black community" are.finally realized to be American problems.

bbsam

Staff member
Two of these thugs have already found out that not everyone is willing to be a victim.
They were with a group that had already attacked two girls , break one of their arms .
They left the group to find their own target , two youths barely 12 yrs old .
The one they picked was armed with a knife , one died , they other was stabbed in the back .
The next day the police went to a man's house and he willingly gave the cops the knife he used . Much to the dismay of the youth's parents no charges were ever filed .

Well you can't leave it there. Why weren't charges filed?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Three “Knockout” Attacks Reported In Philadelphia Area CBS Philly

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — “Knockout” attacks have been reported in several states around the country and now investigators believe three people have been attacked in our area.
Mark Cumberland is a victim of a “Knockout” assault.
“Someone asked me for a cigarette and by the time I got my hands out my pocket I was getting hit by four kids.”
He says, “It was hard seeing and I’m still having trouble breathing and swallowing.”
Cumberland was walking out of a Fox Chase pizza shop on November 11[SUP]th[/SUP] when he was attacked.
“There’s no reason at all. I mean, I didn’t get robbed, they didn’t take nothing from me. They just beat me up.”

Lower Merion Police say suspects Samuel Hayles and Markus January were arrested on October 29[SUP]th,[/SUP] just moments after they allegedly ambushed and beat a 63-year-old man who was walking his dog.
Lt. Frank Higgins of the Lower Merion Police says, “He punched him right in the mouth and knocked him to the ground. The victim began to scream and yell for someone to call the police.”

An elderly man was also attacked when he was mowing his lawn outside of his home.
The suspect in that attack is still on the loose.
Bruce Myer, a neighbor of the elderly victim says, “A kid came up to him and just punching him in the mouth. He ended up laying the street with his lawnmower.”
The only apparent motive in these attacks, as in all “Knockout” attacks, is to inflict injury on a random victim.
Myer says, “The kid did it on a dare. He said give me five dollars and I’ll knock that guy out.”

wkmac

I got curious to see just how wide spread this problem is so I did some net research. Yes, there are a surprising number of these incidents that have taken place but I also noticed among them another connection. Today at KMOV-TV in St. Louis, they had a piece on the issue but the headline suggests these attacks are in their words, "being reported across the US." Most people may see that headline and at first like myself assume it is widespread across the US but if one looks closer, it's mostly an event of the NE, down towards the upper middle Atlantic region and then across the old rust belt into the upper and middle midwest region.

Doesn't mean it won't spread nor could it spread by form of copy catting but seems to me this problem is centered in the region mentioned above and not as the KMOV piece asserted, "across the US."

island1fox

Yes, we Americans do this to ourselves.

Now. Institute the draft.

bbsam,

This is for all American's Black, White, brown ---whatever.

America and society are allowing "children" ---14, 15, 16, 17 ---make devasting decisions---like dropping out of school and roaming the streets.

If parents cannot control them ---the "village" should --remember it takes a village book.:wink2:

What I mean by this to keep the young off the wrong path --if they drop out of school the government should step in. Government controlled schools that take the underage child off the street.
Placed in an environment to teach life skills, respect, personal discipline and accountability. A pathway to college --plus career training classes to teach computer science, electrical, automotive, plumbing --etc etc etc. Also job placement.

The current system of letting them drop out --and do what they want --is a recipe for disaster !!!:sick:

It will be a lot cheaper than juvie halls and Jail.-----with much better results for all of us !!!

bbsam

Staff member
All those skills and more can be taught in the armed forces. Not to mention responsible gun ownership.:)