Polar Bear Hunting --The Knockout Game

island1fox

wkmac

Real life story. My Brother in law --a real Latin Lover ---married to fourth wife --seven kids --no support , guidance or accountability.

His hard working parents provided an opportunity for him to attend college --but living the "viva loca" was much more important.

If he works at all --it is off the books at a gas station --not pumping gas --but pumping anyone he can that comes into the store.

My nephew --his oldest child dropped out of School at 14 --ran the streets of Miami --in and out of Juvi courts. His father taught him one thing : 'THE SYSTEM" is racist and against you.

My niece --his oldest daughter --pregnant at 16 ---at 19 three kids out of wedlock --supported by "entitlements"

P.S. Could care less about your History lesson on "POLAR BEAR" hunting or some barbaric knockout nonsense ---In our inner cities the lack of personal responsibility -- not taking the helping hand up with the years of Affirmative action and Entitlement programs --are clearly not working. It was meant to be a hand up ---not a lifestyle of scamming and crime--generation after generation.

wkmac

Seems this "game " started prior to 2011 .

Read my post, I mentioned only the Knockout Game, never Polar Bear hunting. Searches "of" indicated these events called "knockout" and in other case "polar bear" were named based on location.

The polar bear events (post # 6) with link to articles and events, yes in 2010' but all are confined in and around Champaign Ill. area. Of the 5 embedded links at the UrbanGrounds website (post #6 link again) containing "The New Urban Sport" article, 2 are from Champaign Ill. news sources, a 3rd for CBS Chicago Channel 2 that is now a dead link, the 4th from a website called thug report and the 5th YouTube. The first 3 support my conclusion this is a localized event of a urban and midwest nature having now spread east up to the northeast but not under the name polar bear hunting. Keep Reading!

The Thug Report shows 3 events of the Knockout Game (No Polar Bears sighted I guess) one in St. Louis, one in Lansing Michigan and the other in Philly. Again, supporting my conclusion this phenomena as urban, middle/upper midwest to northeast.

As to the name of Polar Bear Hunting being exclusive to Champaign area, Thomas Sowell 4 days ago wrote the following:

Many aspects of these crimes are extremely painful to think about, including the fact that responsible authorities in New York seem to have been caught by surprise, even though this “knockout game” has been played for years by young black gangs in other cities and other states, against people besides Jews — the victims being either whites in general or people of Asian ancestry.
Attacks of this sort have been rampant in St. Louis. But they have also occurred in Massachusetts, Wisconsin and elsewhere. In Illinois the game has often been called “Polar Bear Hunting” by the young thugs, presumably because the targets are white.

But more than that, google "polar bear hunting champaign illinois" and look over the links. Like this one for example, the title is right up your alley. The date of the web piece is May 2013 but the news source is dated 2010. Looking further in the searches, it appears to me that the polar bear events of Champaign took place in 2010' and pretty much ended in and around that same time frame. The events in St. Louis, the Knockout Game, appear to have gone on and spread under that name to other places. Even Sowell appears to bare out that point as well.

As to the author Colin Flaherty and his book, well he does seem to paint a pretty grim picture of black on white violence. All these attacks on white people, yep, sure is bad. Even the google entry for his 10/16/2012 article on the attack on Wisconsin running back Monte Ball suggests a "polar bear" connection.

Heisman hopes hit by black-mob attack - WorldNetDaily
www.wnd.com/2012/.../heisman-hopes-hit-by-black-mob-attack...‎
by Colin Flaherty
Oct 16, 2012 - Badgers fans are hopeful that Ball's big game against Purdue last week is a sign he has fully recovered. ... at the University of Illinois, they even gave it a name: Polar Bear Hunting. ... I live in Champaign, Illinois-home of the University of Illinois. ... The latest polar bear attack took place over the summer.

Reading the story if you don't pay real close attention, a very key point is all but missed. However Colin and WND did leave themselves an out. The real Monte Ball story is in the picture itself (look closely) and if you still miss it, maybe this will help make it obvious. When it comes to bears, I'm pretty sure Monte would not qualify as being of the polar bear family. Monte's story is tragic but as I said earlier and this story points it out, all these attacks if they are to be connected and of a common source are not all done to white victims only.

And even Colin Flaherty himself makes a distinction as to location when he makes the following point just 3 days ago in a WND op-ed he worte:

At the University of Illinois in Champaign, the game has a different name: Polar Bear Hunting. But with dozens of examples, including a local TV reporter, the black mobs play by the same rules: Find a defenseless white or Asian person, and punch them in the face until your arms are tired. Or they are knocked out. Or dead.
Read more at Surprise! Media finally wake up to Knockout Game

Location! Location! Location!

In the same article, Flaherty asserts another Knockout Game event involving University of Alabama football players:

In January, several members of the University of Alabama national championship football team attacked two students in what many call the Knockout Game.
Read more at Surprise! Media finally wake up to Knockout Game

However, if you read the story from the University of Alabama Campus newspaper, instead of another knockout game attack, this is nothing more than a simple robbery using assault as a means to disarm the victim in order to steal the property. And tracing that story through the sports and Alabama football press, I found no mention of the knockout game so who are the "many" Flaherty is speaking of?

Again, I used and focused on the term knockout because the term when it's applied widespread is that and not polar bear hunting. That said, it doth appear again that the term knockout started in St. Louis with a punk known by the handle, The Knockout King and in their case, the acts are random and for the sake of the violence and nothing else but this still appears to be of an urban thing, large city only but this too could change. So far however, that doesn't seem the case.

So, back to my early point and question, tell me why people outside these specific urban areas of the midwest to northeast or rather those living in the outer suburban to rural area of the middle/upper midwest to northeast or those of us living in the south, lower midwest or western US should be all that concerned with this problem? Other than the stretch of the Monte Ball case to polar bear hunting, no cases by that name appear to have occurred in the Champaign area from whence it started since 2010' or there abouts. Knockout might be another story and thus why I focused as stated on the term knockout as opposed to the term polar bear hunting.

Now can you give me a total count of all these events, the ones purely of a racial nature and show me the statistical odds that I or most other Americans are actually at risk? I'm betting a lightning strike is a bit more of a potential threat that I should concern myself than a polar bear or knockout attack. Do I think this is something to get hysterically worked up about?

NOPE! Did you ever consider moving BTW?

Island

What does polar bear hunting and the knockout game have anything directly to do with your family situation in Florida?
Is the situation you describe sad? Yes! Tragic? Yes! No argument and I wish you all the best with it. As Drive raised the point however, the problem may start with the adults, you included so where does the solution start? The kids are the victims here. How does stopping every attack change your nephew's attitude or for that matter your bro-n-law? How does no more attacks in the midwest and northeast cities change your nephew's POV? How will those stopping get him to return to school and focus on getting an education?

Other than an avenue of emotional venting here, projecting your emotions into, how does this thread or forcing the rest of us to pay for the state to provide what you think is a solution going to actually change your family situation? How does the use of compulsory force on the rest of us to obtain a state solution to which you think you'll benefit, teach your nephew that the use of violence and force are wrong?

"Gee Uncle, how come you can force and threaten those people to get your way to which you think you benefit and then you tell me I'm wrong for doing and thinking the very same thing when it comes to getting my way?"

The answers you seek are not found by specific performance from any of us on or for your behalf. The best answers and solutions will come from you and yours.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Good follow-up by mac,

with Islandfox's state solutions to compulsory "dropout" education, an obvious flaw to be pointed out: once the gov't trains all of these dropouts to be electricians, plumbers and etc.- markets which are already over saturated with unemployed workers, would truly be busting at the seams. Basic economics of supply and demand would argue for even more burden to ridiculously imbalanced labor markets, than we see currently.

island1fox

Wkmac,

I see you --as usual -are trying to be civil.:wink2:

I am not going to do the research for you --if you are interested.

Government statistics---Crime --Murder --Gun violence--% of single parent births and households---no High school Diploma.

If the common denominator or denominators are --not just history of slavery - and all affirmative action programs ---recent year stats 2010-2011-2012---

All point out to the very simple truth ---no support system + no education = Life of poverty + high incidence of crime.

Violent criminals in prison----- What % no High school diploma and from broken family units ? interesting ??
People can make all the chicken and egg dopey jokes they want------the ROOT cause of crime and poverty can be greatly reduced by comcentrating on two areas.

People can condemn suggested possible solutions or just throw Bricks and names.
Many of us learned a very long time ago ---when you identify a problem --there are only two choices--become part of the solution or part of the problem.

My nephew and niece are not isolated cases----Millions not only wasting their lives --not only feeding off society ---but are sentencing their offspring to the same dead end life.:sick:
Murphy Brown was very funny when she made a fool out of Quale--but all those years ago --when he spoke of the family unit ---Well decades later the chickens have come home to roost.

No sense beating this issue to death -----if you do not see it now ---no politician will take this head on ---how do you force a father to be a father ??----or if the family and juvi court judges do not care -----so be it

It is so clear in almost every crime or incident reported today--- Light the fire --did Trayvon deserve to die ?? Of course not . But a child --suspended from school --sent to the home of a mother from another brother --had money for a grille and pot --his parents did not know about his death till the next day.
Do you believe if Daddy had "gounded" him --showed him discipline and tough love --Trayvon would still be here ??---most crime and violence go back to two basic root causes -----Parents or lack of ---Education --or lack of.:dissapointed:

wkmac

Wkmac,

I see you --as usual -are trying to be civil.:wink2:

I am not going to do the research for you --if you are interested.

Government statistics---Crime --Murder --Gun violence--% of single parent births and households---no High school Diploma.

If the common denominator or denominators are --not just history of slavery - and all affirmative action programs ---recent year stats 2010-2011-2012---

All point out to the very simple truth ---no support system + no education = Life of poverty + high incidence of crime.

Violent criminals in prison----- What % no High school diploma and from broken family units ? interesting ??
People can make all the chicken and egg dopey jokes they want------the ROOT cause of crime and poverty can be greatly reduced by comcentrating on two areas.

People can condemn suggested possible solutions or just throw Bricks and names.
Many of us learned a very long time ago ---when you identify a problem --there are only two choices--become part of the solution or part of the problem.

My nephew and niece are not isolated cases----Millions not only wasting their lives --not only feeding off society ---but are sentencing their offspring to the same dead end life.:sick:
Murphy Brown was very funny when she made a fool out of Quale--but all those years ago --when he spoke of the family unit ---Well decades later the chickens have come home to roost.

No sense beating this issue to death -----if you do not see it now ---no politician will take this head on ---how do you force a father to be a father ??----or if the family and juvi court judges do not care -----so be it

It is so clear in almost every crime or incident reported today--- Light the fire --did Trayvon deserve to die ?? Of course not . But a child --suspended from school --sent to the home of a mother from another brother --had money for a grille and pot --his parents did not know about his death till the next day.
Do you believe if Daddy had "gounded" him --showed him discipline and tough love --Trayvon would still be here ??---most crime and violence go back to two basic root causes -----Parents or lack of ---Education --or lack of.:dissapointed:

Island,

I'm vastly more aware and more studied on the subject than you might realize but believe on that what you want. I know there is a serious problem and the trends are not just a "BLACK THANG" either. Looking for superficial answers in a vastly complex problem with deep seeded roots that don't just go back decades but now centuries is where one has to start and then come forward. Yeah, it's that damn history thing again. Ain't it a 8itch?
:wink2:

Learning and knowledge is important but our models of education and schooling may well for most not be about those ends. The terms education and schooling are also problematic in their etymology. Education is a term in the 1500's meant rearing but was also used to describe the training of animals. Schooling also from the 1500's concerns teaching or being taught but also like fish, herding is also associated with. So who would benefit from such repetitive training to act upon command and then to do so as part of a herd? Go to the School=Prison thread and just ask yourself the question, is it possible and if so, how would some kids react to this?

Information is coming out as more and more inside the current education model speak out which starts to beg the question if what we are seeing is somewhat a desired outcome and economic models are built and being built to profit from it. When one looks at the state for example, one is left to conclude that even the most ignorant maroon wouldn't "friend' up this bad by blind chance in building an education/schooling model and yet we have so-called experts doing this? And we want to turn our kids over to these people? And as I've said before, the teachers as well as the kids are equal victims here.

When it comes to schooling and the contrived structure of hierarchy and command down society, this quote from William James, father of American Psychology rings true.

Habit is thus the enormous fly-wheel of society, its most precious conservative agent. It alone is what keeps us all within the bounds of ordinance, and saves the children of fortune from the envious uprisings of the poor. It alone prevents the hardest and most repulsive walks of life from being deserted by those brought up to tread therein.
The Laws of Habit 1887'

You might talk with your nephew as like another William James quote, maybe in that twisted rubble you see, that kid understands something in his herding process you want to re-impose on him is seriously flawed.

Could the young but realize how soon they will become mere walking bundles of habits, they would give more heed to their conduct while in the plastic state. We are spinning our own fates, good or evil, and never to be undone.
The Laws of Habit 1887'

BTW: Your Trayvon example makes many assumptions that may or may not be true. Offer good evidence to support the assertion and yes, you may well be right. Also completely remove the Zimmerman factor from the Trayvon equation and you can't prove that Trayvon would grow up to become a societal problem. Nor can it be proven he'd be a model citizen either.

There are almost uncountable kids who in their youth had troublesome events and yet grew up to even do great things as adults. Trayvon regardless of his troubles was not automatic either way but Zimmerman, right or wrong, made sure we'll never find out either. Using Trayvon just like using Zimmerman as a straw man IMO proves nothing either way.

The one thing we do know, the system that produced Trayvon also produced Zimmerman and maybe that speaks to levels that might leave many people feeling uncomfortable. And it should.

wkmac

One other point. When considering who spends the bulk of days raising and rearing kids, and I speak here of the State, and then one speaks out against these kids turning to violence and force upon their fellow man, then one might consider the words of Gandhi as to why this is happening.

The State is a soulless machine. It can never be weaned from violence to which it owes it's existence.

Don't get mad or blame these kids. As I said, they are the mirror into the heart of the soul that is our organized civilization.

Garbage In, Garbage Out!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
“We want one class of persons to have a liberal education, and we want another class of persons, a very much larger class of necessity in every society, to forgo the privilege of a liberal education and fit themselves to perform specific difficult manual tasks.” Woodrow Wilson

I think this is a very relevant point

wkmac

“We want one class of persons to have a liberal education, and we want another class of persons, a very much larger class of necessity in every society, to forgo the privilege of a liberal education and fit themselves to perform specific difficult manual tasks.” Woodrow Wilson

I think this is a very relevant point

Exactly but some here will see the word liberal and have an operant conditioning moment. A response reaction imposed by animal training of reward and punishment.

Liberal, from the latin root Liber meaning free man and knowledge. You can't have one without the other. From liber we get the word library or book where knowledge is discovered and liberty from which free men discover and exercise their place.

As Hoax earlier in another thread rightly pointed out in regards to conservativism, conservative once meaning monarchists or defending monarchy or King rule, the terms conservative and liberal in 20th century politics have been turned on their head and IMO for a reason too. Same is true of the terms right and left.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Exactly but some here will see the word liberal and have an operant conditioning moment. A response reaction imposed by animal training of reward and punishment.

Liberal, from the latin root Liber meaning free man and knowledge. You can't have one without the other. From liber we get the word library or book where knowledge is discovered and liberty from which free men discover and exercise their place.

As Hoax earlier in another thread rightly pointed out in regards to conservativism, conservative once meaning monarchists or defending monarchy or King rule, the terms conservative and liberal in 20th century politics have been turned on their head and IMO for a reason too. Same is true of the terms right and left.
I was waiting for the usual suspects to jump on that one ;) you're 100% right.
Of course children who reject school and education and do not function well within the system, according to conventional thought, must have extenuating issues such as behavioral problems, or attention disorders. It couldn't possibly be that one-size-fits-all schooling is a major player in dropout rates! ;)

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]Suspect charged with hate crime in possible 'knockout' assault in Brooklyn[/h]By The Associated Press

Marajh Amrit, 28, has been charged with two counts of a hate crime and third-degree assault, police said.

So much for this being a youth's game .

island1fox

wkmac,

Tired of beating a dead horse.

But on the Trayvon thing --Assumptions ??? or facts that some people have a problem acknowledging ??

Facts: Trayvon was suspended from school
Trayvon was not grounded by Mom and dad
Trayvon was at a mother of another brothers house --about 200 miles away.
Trayvon had a "gold grille"--17 yr old --can you afford one ??
Travon per autopsy had pot inn his system--can you afford pot ??
Trayvon had four minutes to walk away as Zimmerman was on phone with cops.

Case in point ---a troubled youth --problems with discipline and school --on drugs---no discipline from a mom or dad --results --disaster.:sick:

I go back to my argument --If moms and dads in the family unit provided Love, Guidance, discipline and accountability ---less Trayvon tragedies--less crime --less dropouts from school --less poverty --etc etc.

MAKAVELI

Ovah,

Well stated ---this is not just with Polar bear hunting ---gun violence --gangs--drugs --children out of wedlock --poverty -etc etc.:sad-little:

The "New Plantation" is enabling and promoting bad behavior. Tough love from real Black Leaders would make a big impact.

Why are there so many Black young men in Jail ???

President Obama should be ashamed of himself ---in his position and with his leadership ---a legacy of turning this trend around and saving the next generation of Black youth --would truly be something to be proud of.

Instead : FORE !!!! When can I go and vacation with the Rich White Liberals in Cape Cod again !!! Now that's my priority !!!:sick:

You really are an ignorant person. Do you have anything positive to say about African Americans, Latinos, Asians, etc. ?

I didn't think so.

MAKAVELI

wkmac,

Tired of beating a dead horse.

But on the Trayvon thing --Assumptions ??? or facts that some people have a problem acknowledging ??

Facts: Trayvon was suspended from school
Trayvon was not grounded by Mom and dad
Trayvon was at a mother of another brothers house --about 200 miles away.
Trayvon had a "gold grille"--17 yr old --can you afford one ??
Travon per autopsy had pot inn his system--can you afford pot ??
Trayvon had four minutes to walk away as Zimmerman was on phone with cops.

Case in point ---a troubled youth --problems with discipline and school --on drugs---no discipline from a mom or dad --results --disaster.:sick:

I go back to my argument --If moms and dads in the family unit provided Love, Guidance, discipline and accountability ---less Trayvon tragedies--less crime --less dropouts from school --less poverty --etc etc.

It's really hard to take your posts seriously as they are filled with so much ignorance, stereotyping, and hatred. Are you playing your banjo on the porch right now?:D

Overpaid Union Thug

If people would blow the thugs away more frequently then these "games" would most likely end. Or result in more racial tensions. But that is clearly the underlying motive in the attacks anyway so why not blow them away?