Polar Bear Hunting --The Knockout Game

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There was a segment on the "Knockout Game" on the Today show this morning. I hope Sober has a chance to watch it as he contends that if the victim were armed it would greatly reduce their chances of becoming a victim. In each one of the assaults the victim had no idea they were about to be sucker punched. They were either walking down the sidewalk or simply standing there minding their own business. One of the assaults occurred when a group of 6-8 teens were walking by a school teacher walking down the street and one of the teens, out of nowhere, punched the teacher in the side of the head, felling him like a tree. In another one a single assailant sucker punched a woman who was simply walking down the street, knocking her out.

JL 0513

You have "dozens" of sources from your "smart" phone, but, you can't list a single one other than fox news? You instantly resort to bashing liberal media outlets because you can't think of a single non biased media source.

Come on bro. Admit it. You've never been late on your cable bill. You pay Fox News good money to tell you what you want to hear. Don't be ashamed, you're far from alone..... the democrats might be in a different boat but you're both in the same waters.

You have yet to name a single source that you get your "legitimate" news from. Sorry, it was 11pm last night, had to go to bed.

Some that I check everyday:

CNN
USA Today
New York Times
MSN
Yahoo
Drudge
AP
CBS
ABC
Google News
Local news broadcasts

Who cares what I read/watch/listen to. You're making false assumptions because you're a typical liberal Fox basher who has never watched Fox. I watch maybe one Fox show a day.

The way you put put quotes around smart phone clearly suggests you don't have one which tells me you have a very limited news selection. A phone is access to ALL news outlets in the world. You should try it sometime.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]Six 'Knockout' Attacks in New Haven, Connecticut[/h]All six of the “knockout” attacks were reported to have taken place near the train station, the Church Street South housing project, and Church Street in New Haven, according to Lt. Joe Witkowski.
The New Haven Independent reported that a group of young men approached five males and a 68 year-old woman at different times on Monday and Tuesday evenings. In all cases, one of the young men in the group faced off with the victim, punched him or her in the face or head, then ran off with the rest of the group, laughing.
One of the victims was medical researcher Lawrence Hsieh, a young man who spoke with the Independent.
Hsieh, who is schooled in Taekwondo, said he did not have time to defend himself when he was walking in New Haven and three young men in hoodies approached him. One in the group, Hsieh said, punched him in the nose, knocking him to the ground, then ran off, laughing with his friends.
“The whole ordeal was over in 30 seconds,” Hsieh said, whose nose is swollen and may be broken as a result. “I’ve never experienced face-to-face violence, where you see the person you are going to violate or who violates you up close,” he added.

Witkowski said, in addition to Hsieh, three males—28, 29, and 30 years of age—were struck in the face. A 68 year-old woman was also reportedly struck from behind. The woman fell and hit her head on the pavement.
A final victim was a 31 year-old male who was, once again, punched in the face and then kicked before his assailant and his friends left, laughing.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Who cares what I read/watch/listen to. You're making false assumptions because you're a typical liberal Fox basher who has never watched Fox. I watch maybe one Fox show a day.

The way you put put quotes around smart phone clearly suggests you don't have one which tells me you have a very limited news selection. A phone is access to ALL news outlets in the world. You should try it sometime.
I put quotes around "smart" phone because I find that term hilarious, and mostly only people over the age of 40 use it. There's nothing "smart" about getting your info from Fox News, or MSNBC, whether you do it on your phone or television. I've watched Fox News, and occasionally I find it entertaining..... because that's what it is: entertainment.

oldngray

nowhere special
I put quotes around "smart" phone because I find that term hilarious, and mostly only people over the age of 40 use it. There's nothing "smart" about getting your info from Fox News, or MSNBC, whether you do it on your phone or television. I've watched Fox News, and occasionally I find it entertaining..... because that's what it is: entertainment.

Where DO you get your news? Comedy Central?

bbsam

Staff member
Where DO you get your news? Comedy Central?

Partially, yes. That they don't take themselves as seriously as the Fox News group is part of the gag. And if you bother to tune in sometime, no party or leader is immune from being a punchline.

BrownArmy

I find it interesting that you would use an argument about what "sells" against Fox News. LOL. They dominate cable news with typical ratings more than CNN and MSNBC combined. They have the top 13 cable news shows.

If anyone knows what "sells", it's Fox News. And to bash O'Reilly no less. By far, the most watched show in all of cable news. He has 5 TIMES the viewers of the 2nd place show in the 8pm ET time slot.

I find it interesting that you think ratings equate with credibility.

It's been quite well documented for many years that FOX news is a little loosey-goosey with journalistic ethics.

If you like FOX news, great. Just don't pretend that they're 'fair and balanced'.

JL 0513

It's been quite well documented for many years that FOX news is a little loosey-goosey with journalistic ethics.

If you like FOX news, great. Just don't pretend that they're 'fair and balanced'.

Where did I say ratings equate to credibility?

The post strictly responded to someone talking about what stories people are interested in. Talking about "interest", Fox wins.

Everyone knows Fox leans right, but everyone else leans left but pretends they are neutral. Fox is the only one that always has a liberal and a conservative on the screen at the same time. Every other network is made up of 95% liberals.

And lets remember that the night time shows are OPINION shows. They are not intended as neutral journalistic reporting. I hope people know the difference. During a good portion of the day, Fox broadcasts straight news.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And lets remember that the night time shows are OPINION shows. They are not intended as neutral journalistic reporting. I hope people know the difference. During a good portion of the day, Fox broadcasts straight news.
Sadly, I think a lot of people don't know the difference.

As for the "straight news", like most other television news stations, during non prime-time hours it seems like they just repeat the same couple news stories over and over all day. Ever been stuck in a waiting room in the afternoon with CNN on the television? You'll be able to recite their 10 stories word for word within an hour.... it's the same crap on repeat over and over and over.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the not too distant future Fox and MSNBC become to news what MTV is to music.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Agreed but ABC, NBC and especially CBS have a 30 year head start and experience on being real loosey-goosey.

I watch Aljazeera and PBS news mostly and the reason is they are the only ones that appear to have some journalistic integrity.
CNN is well down below them.
FOX, MSNBC, ABC, NBC and CBS are pretty much sewer BSers.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
I'd put CNN as low as the rest. None of the big 3 are what they were 30-50 years ago, corporations are people, my friend.

Edward R Murrow and Walter Cronkite could not exist today in the mainstream.

oldngray

nowhere special
I agree. When I search for news, I just want news, not all commentary. I probably use at least 10-12 news sites and the ones I use change constantly since I will stop using ones they get too unbiased (its pretty much impossible to get a simple. unbiased news report but I want the bias kept to a minimum). And mostly news sites have same articles from same sources such as AP or Reuters.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
preexisting-conditions.jpg

Compliments of Red State.

Agreed but ABC, NBC and especially CBS have a 30 year head start and experience on being real loosey-goosey.

I watch Aljazeera and PBS news mostly and the reason is they are the only ones that appear to have some journalistic integrity.
CNN is well down below them.
FOX, MSNBC, ABC, NBC and CBS are pretty much sewer BSers.
Loosey goosey?...I dated her