Post Your Station FAIL Here

Nolimitz

If you were so inclined could you work during your vacation?

No because there are no more vacation slots available for the FY. I am not giving back a wk of vacation. IF they are so stupid to assign a vacation week during a short peak who am I to argue? And no they don't pay for un-used vacation!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you couldn't get your vacation pay and then volunteer to work---gotcha.

We get paid for our vacations two weeks in advance of the Friday of the vacation week. If need be we can work our vacations, which would be in addition to the vacation pay.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
So you couldn't get your vacation pay and then volunteer to work---gotcha.

We get paid for our vacations two weeks in advance of the Friday of the vacation week. If need be we can work our vacations, which would be in addition to the vacation pay.

Doesn't that mean that your check will be roughly double the amount (no O.T. during the vacation time) and blow you out of the water in taxes?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Doesn't that mean that your check will be roughly double the amount (no O.T. during the vacation time) and blow you out of the water in taxes?

No. We get the vacation check two weeks before the Friday of the vacation week. If we do work we would get that check on the following Friday. Two separate checks taxed at the same rate.

Let's say I am on vacation next week. I would have received my vacation check for 45 hours on 12/6. If I choose to work 12/16-20 I would receive that check on 12/27. If I don't work I would not receive a check on 12/27. Basically they are paying us in advance to ensure we have enough money to enjoy our vacations.

FedUpRTD

I have been taking trailer loads of late freight to the stations in my area for the past three weeks. Most of the time, the couriers have already left the building and the freight just sits till the next day. There are lots a happy manager faces when I roll up with a full trailer load of P1's at 1 o'clock in the afternoon!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I have been taking trailer loads of late freight to the stations in my area for the past three weeks. Most of the time, the couriers have already left the building and the freight just sits till the next day. There are lots a happy manager faces when I roll up with a full trailer load of P1's at 1 o'clock in the afternoon!
I have to say, at this time of year especially, I'm so glad I'm an RTD, and not a courier anymore. It still sucks, but just not nearly so.

I wouldn't go back to the DGO for anything.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Can those of you who are RTD clear something up for me? On Friday, a RTD friend of mine was at a GROUND terminal two hours away from his Ramp moving trailers around for them. We all know this is Peak. Seriously, is there NOT enough work to keep you guys busy at Express? WTH are Express RTD's doing moving Ground freight around?

Doc Sorting Dude

We have a manager who says "take everything out" leave nothing under the belt. We have extra help to send your way. When we know we need help and inquire about it dispatch sends a message saying "no help available" with no explanation, so we just heap the undelivered on the floor at the station so the manager's get the "message".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Can those of you who are RTD clear something up for me? On Friday, a RTD friend of mine was at a GROUND terminal two hours away from his Ramp moving trailers around for them. We all know this is Peak. Seriously, is there NOT enough work to keep you guys busy at Express? WTH are Express RTD's doing moving Ground freight around?

Hmmm. That should not be happening.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Couldn't tell ya. We're definitely busy enough with our own crap at my location. We never touch any of Ground's stuff.

hypo hanna

We have a manager who says "take everything out" leave nothing under the belt. We have extra help to send your way. When we know we need help and inquire about it dispatch sends a message saying "no help available" with no explanation, so we just heap the undelivered on the floor at the station so the manager's get the "message".
Straight up lie. Manager is just dumping his responsibility onto the dispatcher. Too lazy to load balance or is well aware that there is too much volume for the FTE's available so he lies to the drivers. Then when the bad numbers roll in, he blames dispatch for not making the on road adjustments.

overflowed

Maybe that's why your getting your freight at 3 in the afternoon.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
We ran out of trailers and DOT hours. Macy's, Amazon and Walmart delivered one helluva punch.

A manager decided to roll freight from Sunday to Monday. It was mostly payroll. Can't wait to see how this one, plays out.