Posted schedule vs text

Lord of Cardboard

So we had a posted schedule Friday night, start time 1630. Today (Monday) several of us get a text saying start time is now 1645. What's everyone's thoughts on this and what does the contract say?

LoC

km3

So we had a posted schedule Friday night, start time 1630. Today (Monday) several of us get a text saying start time is now 1645. What's everyone's thoughts on this and what does the contract say?

LoC

In the central, the one posted before the end of your last scheduled day of work last week is correct. They might try to sound tough, but they can't do anything if you ignore the text.

But again, that's in the central. Your supplement may be different.

LoC
Here they can change your start time by 15 minutes if they give you an hour's notice, anything more than that you have to be notified by the end if your shift. But I'm sure it's different everywhere.

brownIEman

It's 15 minutes. I don't even understand how this is a concern.

Either they can under your supplement and you have no contractual right to the 15 min from 1630 to 1645 or they can't, and you do. Show up at 1630 and request your start time. They'll likely put you on doing something either way. Course you might not like what they assign you to do but grit you teeth and bear it, it's only 15 m.

My thought is you should open the damn contract book for your supplement and read the gotdamned thing instead of being lazy.
AlienatedBoilingBlackbird-max-1mb.gif

542thruNthru

It's 15 minutes. I don't even understand how this is a concern.

Either they can under your supplement and you have no contractual right to the 15 min from 1630 to 1645 or they can't, and you do. Show up at 1630 and request your start time. They'll likely put you on doing something either way. Course you might not like what they assign you to do but grit you teeth and bear it, it's only 15 m.

Yes it's only 15 min but when you are PT that 15m means a lot to you. Also in a lot of places anything after 5 hours is OT. I want my 15 min so my OT comes that much faster.

brownIEman

Yes it's only 15 min but when you are PT that 15m means a lot to you. Also in a lot of places anything after 5 hours is OT. I want my 15 min so my OT comes that much faster.

In that case it is even more clear the OP should do as I suggest. If his supplement does not allow for start time changes like this then he is contractually entitled to the 15 min. If his supplement does allow the change, he can always ask to be put on and might get the 15 min anyway.

E

el blanco

LoC

first thought is how can they prove you received the text
sometimes I will go for several days with my phone off