Posts off topic

I don't recall ever being told this. We were always lead to believe that if we voted yes (authorizing the Union to strike) the chances were pretty good there was going to be a strike. Why would anyone authorize a strike if they weren't willing to go through with it?
Rod are you keeping this avatar? It just doesn't seem right.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Re: What is the biggest and best lie Teamster's (Steward, BA, Officials) has told you

The following is an OBSERVATION:
Most people like to whine.
This is an OBSERVATION.

hoax, a little off topic but have you ever met the ceo??? Does ups ever have meetings where most of the corporate folks have to attend?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Re: What is the biggest and best lie Teamster's (Steward, BA, Officials) has told you

hoax, a little off topic but have you ever met the ceo??? Does ups ever have meetings where most of the corporate folks have to attend?
You really don't know who hoax is, do you?

rod

Retired 22 years

Rod are you keeping this avatar? It just doesn't seem right.

After I did the ribbon thing like everyone else I didn't know how to change back to my origional one so I picked the HD one. Actually I would like to have my old one back but with me choking Andy Capp.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

After I did the ribbon thing like everyone else I didn't know how to change back to my origional one so I picked the HD one. Actually I would like to have my old one back but with me choking Andy Capp.

Is that what you call yours?

bbsam

Staff member

Chokin' the Hoke?

rod

Retired 22 years
I'll answer the second part first. You sign up for DSSP and designate how much you want taken out of your check each week. When you have enough money set aside to buy stock it will be bought for you at a 5% discount.

Now for the first part. UPS stock is only worthwhile if you have enough shares to take advantage of the dividend reinvestment; otherwise the value of the stock does not grow enough to make it worthwhile.

Correct me if I'm wrong but who in their right mind would take financial or for that matter any advise from an old divorced guy with no friends who lives in an apartment?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Re: Sell off my stock before the 2013 contract?

Correct me if I'm wrong but who in their right mind would take financial or for that matter any advise from an old divorced guy with no friends who lives in an apartment?

The old Upstate would have responded.

The new one will refrain.

hembone

Re: Sell off my stock before the 2013 contract?

I would love to see a short track Nascar race with Upstate and Rod going for the lead in the 4th turn on the last lap.

Not me old man. That dude for the most part I'm not even sure he's a dude (might be a chick) is kinda bipolar and that not anybody who I'm asking about investments.