Progress made in the Third & Fourth Rounds of UPS Contract Negotiations

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The Teamsters National UPS Negotiating Committee pushed for improvements on a variety of issues as the fourth round of contract negotiations with UPS and UPS Freight wrapped up today.

“We still believe it is early in the negotiations process and things are progressing. We are maintaining our stance on issues that members have indicated are the most important,” said Denis T, Director of the Teamsters Package Division and Co-Chairman of the Teamsters National UPS Negotiating Committee.

The following issues were on the table this week:

Article 6 – Technology and Discipline;
Article 14 – Temporary Alternate Work;
Article 15 – Military Leave – spousal transfers;
Article 16 – Maternity Leave;
Article 17 – Paid For Time; dealing with members’ ability to review hours and rates of pay as well as confirmation and identification of grievance payments;
Article 18 – Building Heat and Distracted Drivers;
Article 29 – Funeral Leave;
Article 35 – Drug and Alcohol Testing;
Article 37 – Overtime; and,
Article 43 – Delay Time and Extensions and Diversions of Runs

The next round of negotiations will take place March 19-22.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The Teamsters National UPS Negotiating Committee pushed for improvements on a variety of issues as the fourth round of contract negotiations with UPS and UPS Freight wrapped up today.

“We still believe it is early in the negotiations process and things are progressing. We are maintaining our stance on issues that members have indicated are the most important,” said Denis T, Director of the Teamsters Package Division and Co-Chairman of the Teamsters National UPS Negotiating Committee.

The following issues were on the table this week:

Article 6 – Technology and Discipline;
Article 14 – Temporary Alternate Work;
Article 15 – Military Leave – spousal transfers;
Article 16 – Maternity Leave;
Article 17 – Paid For Time; dealing with members’ ability to review hours and rates of pay as well as confirmation and identification of grievance payments;
Article 18 – Building Heat and Distracted Drivers;
Article 29 – Funeral Leave;
Article 35 – Drug and Alcohol Testing;
Article 37 – Overtime; and,
Article 43 – Delay Time and Extensions and Diversions of Runs

The next round of negotiations will take place March 19-22.
600x150_UPS%20email%20wrapper.jpg

UPS-march%202.jpg

“During UPS Freight national negotiations this week, we continued to make gains,” said Kris Taylor, Co-Chair of the Teamsters National UPS Freight Negotiating Committee. “In particular, Article 4: Stewards; Article 5: Seniority; Article 6: Discipline; Article 14: Military Clause; and, Article 37: Suspension or Revocation of License and Employee’s Bail.”

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Haven't seen a vest in 15 years, like the hoodie too. Be nice to see a catalog or printout of the things or options of clothes UPS would provide. Our center oms just orders the same old stuff. One rainy day recently I did pull a old plastic light raincoat out of closet, real dark brown, old logo and the tag had the name of an old driver who has been dead 5 years. It did the job though.
I have a brand new vest.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Here's my take...While H&W was and is important, it is only occasionally used.
Getting relief from working insane hours daily because of chronic nationwide understaffing is the most important issue for pkg drivers.
If there isn't substantial protections negotiated without ridiculous hoops involved, the proposed NMA will be toast.
Understaffing?

We have plenty of guys sitting at home every day. Cutting routes and loading ppl up is the issue here.