Progress made in the Third & Fourth Rounds of UPS Contract Negotiations

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Pensions are a regional thing, let the supplements take care of pension issues

That is majority of the problems with most of our members pension. We need master language in our Pension and Health and Welfare to prevent the disparity of pension benefits. Article 34 (Master) does have a monetary contribution listed, but why do some members get a inferior retirement benefit for the same number of service years? (Referencing the difference between west coast (Pier 80), east coast, the (IBT/UPS pensions) and the (UPS Pension Plan).

It does bring up a question to when do the supplements get negotiated? Is it before the Master or after. As history has shown it is much easier to pick off the smaller supplements once the Master is passed.

Indecisi0n

Healthcare ?

Most people are reluctant to change.

As @UpstateNYUPSer pointed out on many occasions, it simply forced people

to be smarter consumers. You (now) can't go running to the ER for a case

of the sniffles. These are the people that don't even have a family doctor.

What's worse.... footing the bill for a visit to the ER ?

Or, having it paid going to an Urgent Care clinic ?

-Bug-
I totally understand this and am fine with it. The two things that really get me pissed off are:
1) You lose insurance without one punch a week.
Things happen, sickness, family death or whatever. I understand we have sick days but of its towards the end of the year and your out and something happens where you need the time off and the center manager is willing to give it to you then you shouldnt be dropped.
2) If you are on disability for a year you lose insurance.

I totally understand this and am fine with it. The two things that really get me :censored2: off are:
Things happen, sickness, family death or whatever. I understand we have sick days but of its towards the end of the year and your out and something happens where you need the time off and the center manager is willing to give it to you then you shouldnt be dropped.
Or what about the poor guy with low seniority that gets laid off?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I totally understand this and am fine with it. The two things that really get me :censored2: off are:
We don't have "sick days" here?

You do realize that this isn't a contractual issue, right?

Indecisi0n

The Company didn't create the "one punch rule", the Union did.
It's a policy set forth in the TeamCare summary plan description.
I figured this much considering that the union now handles the healthcare plan. I still don't like it one bit. I understand they want to deter people from going home but this isn't the right way to go about it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I figured this much considering that the union now handles the healthcare plan. I still don't like it one bit. I understand they want to deter people from going home but this isn't the right way to go about it.
Why would the Company need something like this to "deter people from going home"?
Don't they already have complete control over that in their scheduling?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's not the company, I'm talking about the union.
That's even more ludicrous?
Why would the Union push for drivers to not go home, so another can work?

Follow the money.....more dues, more pension contributions, more H&W contributions, etc.....when these people are permitted to take days off.

Those numbers don't compute.

Indecisi0n

Follow the money.....more dues, more pension contributions, more H&W contributions, etc.....when these people are permitted to take days off.
Because without people working and getting their 40 hours the union is losing those pension credits. Am I miss understanding something here?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Those numbers don't compute.
Either way. One punch a week is absurd. If you get hurt or sick, then you lose benefits? What’s the point then if they aren’t there when you need them? It needs to be fixed if they want my vote.