PT vs FT Union Dues

542thruNthru

Sorry but $100 Initiation fee is not that bad. What is that like $8 a month for a year? It didn't hurt me and I live in a high cost of living area. It shouldnt hurt any PT worker that bad. Also 2.5x hourly wage is nothing especially after working a year and getting benefits you could never get as a PT. Do I think it should be less then a year? Hell yes but thats a different battle.

Sorry but $100 Initiation fee is not that bad. What is that like $8 a month for a year? It didn't hurt me and I live in a high cost of living area. It shouldnt hurt any PT worker that bad. Also 2.5x hourly wage is nothing especially after working a year and getting benefits you could never get as a PT. Do I think it should be less then a year? Hell yes but thats a different battle.
They had to make it a year. People would get hired use the medical benefits and quit.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why do I pay $89/month in union dues as a part timer? A driver pays nearly the same amount per month. The union and the local bend over backwards for full timers. Maybe the drivers should pay double what part timers do! Larger percentage of a part timers pay goes to dues. We go to meetings....vote, etc. no one hears us.
It's based off of hourly rate. So you have about the same hourly rate as the ft driver.

$30+ an hour and full benefits for a part time job. I don't think you have much to bitch about.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
union dues are a huge reason the PT workforce aren’t engaged in RTW states

make whatever excuses you want, it makes the union weaker
A free ride is more the reason. Little coattail riding bitches. If you don’t want to pay dues then fine. But they shouldn’t be working under our TEAMSTER contract.

623STEWARD

A free ride is more the reason. Little coattail riding bitches. If you don’t want to pay dues then fine. But they shouldn’t be working under our TEAMSTER contract.
you been riding a coattail for a long time. you cheered the imposing of a horrible contract . don't forget where you came from hofficer

wide load

you been riding a coattail for a long time. you cheered the imposing of a horrible contract . don't forget where you came from hofficer
Not very good at anonymity are you? You complain about others having multiple screen names? I’ll ignore this one too I guess. Loser!

Last edited by a moderator:

542thruNthru

first of all I'm a male and not a female.
the fact that you are running away from a female is pure comedy

He is a whiny kid that lives in the past and can't post one thing without a insult. Something you seem to have in common. So I can totally understand why wide load thinks you are him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gear

Parts on Order
That's part of the reason they do it.

Is it really part of the reason? I wasn't around during that time.

I just figured blaming it on people abusing the benefits sounds better than saying, "We get more money if we vote to extend the wait for part timers healthcare."

What was given in return for extending the wait period? There had to be something. Unions dont just give things up at of kindness. Its always give and take.

Serious question

Is it really part of the reason? I wasn't around during that time.

I just figured blaming it on people abusing the benefits sounds better than saying, "We get more money if we vote to extend the wait for part timers healthcare."

What was given in return for extending the wait period? There had to be something. Unions dont just give things up at of kindness. Its always give and take.

Serious question
I'm completely serious. We got our benefits after 30 days. People would quit a few months later after they got everything fixed.

542thruNthru

Serious question

tenor-3.gif
Adam_5d873b_1409587.gif

Depend on who you ask. ;)

wide load

He is playing pretend to not expose himself as to who a person pretending to be a steward of 623, the exact local the he she is from. Same local, same vocabulary. Just because he doesn’t end with “FACT” he thinks we are blind? 623steward never messaged me before yet knows all about me sending his sorry ass to teamcare? Lol. I’ve met stupid people before but some are in a whole different reality.