Punishment for telematics?

UPWes

We are currently being scolded in PCMs about our backing speeds exceeding 5mph and whoever isn't under 5mph will recieve a warning letter. In our contract it mentions no driver shall be "discharged" based soley on telematics. However we can receive warning notices after having a verbal couseling session. I personally feel it was more of an attempt to intimidate us which also is mentioned in the contract. Does the PCM count as the verbal counseling and is the warning letter for backing speed even allowed. Keep in mind I am a relatively new driver so some of this is unclear.

Future

Victory Ride
We are currently being scolded in PCMs about our backing speeds exceeding 5mph and whoever isn't under 5mph will recieve a warning letter. In our contract it mentions no driver shall be "discharged" based soley on telematics. However we can receive warning notices after having a verbal couseling session. I personally feel it was more of an attempt to intimidate us which also is mentioned in the contract. Does the PCM count as the verbal counseling and is the warning letter for backing speed even allowed. Keep in mind I am a relatively new driver so some of this is unclear.
A lot of that language was changed in the “New” contract ... I am not sure how 2 interpret it either at this point .... follow the proper methods the best you can is what I can say

RolloTony Brown Town

Section 6. Technology and Discipline
No driver shall be discharged based solely upon information received from GPS, telematics, or any successor system that similarly tracks or surveils a driver’s movements unless he/she engages in dishonesty (defined for the purposes of this paragraph as any intentional act or omission by an employee where he/she intends to defraud the Company). A driver’s failure to accurately recall what is reflected by the technology shall not by itself be considered dishonesty. The Company must confirm by direct observation or other corroborating evidence any other violations warranting discharge. The degree of discipline dealing with off-area offenses shall not be changed because of the use of the above- mentioned systems .
No driver shall be issued a warning notice based solely upon the above-mentioned systems without first having a verbal counseling session on an identical infraction (e.g. two seat belt violations). Any such discipline shall also comply with applicable Supplemental disciplinary procedures and requirements.

So yes you can be disciplined. Some still has to physically observe you if they intend to discharge you. Just say you’re trying to do what they say.

the language is essentially the same. The new language spells out that not being able to remember is not defined as dishonesty.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Ask your supervisor where in the 8 rules to backing it says to look at your speedometer? Then ask him if he’d rather you stare at the speedometer while in reverse or use your mirrors properly.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Does the PCM count as the verbal counseling

No.

It needs to be done one-on-one with a Steward present.

and is the warning letter for backing speed even allowed.

They can issue a warning letter for anything.

As long as you grieve it.... that will determine if it sticks.

Ask your supervisor where in the 8 rules to backing it says to look at your speedometer? Then ask him if he’d rather you stare at the speedometer while in reverse or use your mirrors properly.

This, has to be one of the best posts.... I've read in a long while.

-Bug-

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Backing speed (weird) is the flavor of the month where you’re at. The winds will soon change and there will be something else to scold you about. Just follow the methods and grieve when necessary.

Oak

I don't recall ever seeing a speedometer that works in reverse?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
If they pull you aside just say something along the lines of the importance of backing cautiously and how it is impossible for you to observe your exact speed safely while backing and therefore cannot recall any moments where you backed above 5mph.
Write down the discussion and staple it to your warning letter and greviance if the cowards want to pursue it further.