Putin Biden Ukraine Negotiations

bbsam

Staff member
your analogy is trash because UPS goes into this stuff with little to no contingency plans anymore

you should have seen the absolute internal cluster :censored2: that was last November when a dozen leases and expansions got cancelled due to failed inspections or just a total inability to even hire to a skeleton plan

there aren't enough IE to actually make and maintain them since the 2012 transformation so it just......doesn't happen at all...
Incorrect. UPS and FedEx always have contingency plans. They may fail but the plans are there. FedEx has failed and will continue to fail because they absolutely refuse to face the employee shortage and the need for increased compensation. UPS put out great numbers a month ago with great service numbers with high cost labor. FedEx was at 88% on time service. FedEx has thrived on low compensation/high turnover for decades. It’s not sustainable in a world where wages (and more so inflation) continue to rise. A little known fact but one that could truly threaten FedEx down the road is their inability to keep accidents and insurance costs under control.

In the 27 1/2 years I’ve been at FedEx, I’ve known only one driver never to have an accident. Most accidents at FedEx are drivers who have been driving less than a year. Put 2 and 2 together. If the plan for the future is to keep the revolving door revolving, there is no future.

Again, it’s only business. Market forces determine forecasts and plans as well as influencing outcome of those plans. But just like the oil company analogy, UPS and FedEx are making huge money BECAUSE of capacity constraints.

Eventually performance matters but for now, customers just shrug their shoulders and wait the extra day or two to get their stuff.

Or drive to Walmart.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Incorrect. UPS and FedEx always have contingency plans. They may fail but the plans are there.
Uh okay, no offense but I strongly doubt you're in a position where you know what any contingency plans are

I've been a part of new building planning and seen what happens when :censored2: goes south, you are wrong, there are no plans any more

bacha29

Yes you are. But you said a shareholder is the same as a stakeholder. But by your own description you aren't a shareholder.
Both have a clear cut economic interest. it's simply matter of how the company is organized. Is it a C-Corp, an S-Corp, an MLP or an LLC? All have something you don't have....money in the game.

bacha29

Incorrect. UPS and FedEx always have contingency plans. They may fail but the plans are there. FedEx has failed and will continue to fail because they absolutely refuse to face the employee shortage and the need for increased compensation. UPS put out great numbers a month ago with great service numbers with high cost labor. FedEx was at 88% on time service. FedEx has thrived on low compensation/high turnover for decades. It’s not sustainable in a world where wages (and more so inflation) continue to rise. A little known fact but one that could truly threaten FedEx down the road is their inability to keep accidents and insurance costs under control.

In the 27 1/2 years I’ve been at FedEx, I’ve known only one driver never to have an accident. Most accidents at FedEx are drivers who have been driving less than a year. Put 2 and 2 together. If the plan for the future is to keep the revolving door revolving, there is no future.

Again, it’s only business. Market forces determine forecasts and plans as well as influencing outcome of those plans. But just like the oil company analogy, UPS and FedEx are making huge money BECAUSE of capacity constraints.

Eventually performance matters but for now, customers just shrug their shoulders and wait the extra day or two to get their stuff.

Or drive to Walmart.
Spot on. Just yesterday the Russians closed off air routes in the Ukraine region. Did the air carriers suddenly go out of business? They simply rerouted. The ground routes in rural America could be curtailed by 100 buck oil . Will driving 20 miles just to take somebody's supper out to them continue? Highly unlikely. Making out a grocery list, learning how to cook for yourself even growing some of your own food could be the new American norm again.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Spot on. Just yesterday the Russians closed off air routes in the Ukraine region. Did the air carriers suddenly go out of business? They simply rerouted. The ground routes in rural America could be curtailed by 100 buck oil . Will driving 20 miles just to take somebody's supper out to them continue? Highly unlikely. Making out a grocery list, learning how to cook for yourself even growing some of your own food could be the new American norm again.
Naive

vantexan

Both have a clear cut economic interest. it's simply matter of how the company is organized. Is it a C-Corp, an S-Corp, an MLP or an LLC? All have something you don't have....money in the game.
Buddy I have a pension and it matters very much how the company that handles that pension is doing. Especially if the economy collapses.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Uh okay, no offense but I strongly doubt you're in a position where you know what any contingency plans are

I've been a part of new building planning and seen what happens when :censored2: goes south, you are wrong, there are no plans any more

You wonder why we attribute to our leadership superior intellect and wisdom .. just look at them .. they are nothing special...they are like us human and mistake prone.

They have no contingency plans on world events, most will ride it out and hope for the best and of course look out for number one like the rest of us..

UPS has the advantage because of their long term Union employees with retaining capable employees. Sure they earn on average twice as much as other couriers considering their Pension and Healthcare benefits because of the fact that they work twice as efficient and harder than their counterparts.

Non sequitur

Putin was a nobody other than attending Klaus’ WEF young leaders forum. Kissinger “introduced” Putin to high-ranking Russian politicians who then installed him in a position to succeed Yeltsin.