PVD (beating a dead horse?)

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
No doubt, although it is fun, watching these PVDs deliver out of their vehicles that they cannot afford. The inside of the package car is disgusting after a couple days. Imagine putting that crap in a personal vehicle. L O L
Not mine. Replaced the dash to fix an electrical problem. You could eat a plate dinner on it.

Thebrownblob

Not mine. Replaced the dash to fix an electrical problem. You could eat a plate dinner on it.
1670430416368.jpeg

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
It's easy and fun to take pot-shots at the PVD's that are dumb enough to come on here and spout off about anything, but why let them live rent free in your heads? Ignore them and they will go away. They don't know, and will never understand what an RPCD does and it's a waste of time to try and explain it to them. You know what you have as far as benefits of the job, they don't know and will never have it so...

Manifesto

The worst thing is having a pvd tethered to your route but they don't give you a place like a locker to dump the packages. Nothing like having your truck jammed up with stuff you can't deliver and meeting a pvd four times a day.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
It's easy and fun to take pot-shots at the PVD's that are dumb enough to come on here and spout off about anything, but why let them live rent free in your heads? Ignore them and they will go away. They don't know, and will never understand what an RPCD does and it's a waste of time to try and explain it to them. You know what you have as far as benefits of the job, they don't know and will never have it so...
Maybe.
I've been retired for a while but, ignoring issues does not make them go away.
PVD? SCAB is the proper term as best I can tell.

Jerdo

You doing a tight little section of residentials is not making a company money

I hope you have a ride on your insurance because you can crash your car UPS is not going to pay for it

Try explain to your insurance agent why you is using the personal car for company business

But it's unfortunate you're too weak to get a full-time job here
PVD got insurance from UPS

CrazyDave

Basically just be respectful and a decent human and don't make things difficult I'm guessing.

I've been in 2 union jobs before and it's kind of amazing how UPS skirts contract lines. Usually in situations like that the district leaders would call for a new contract or things to be amended. If I was to pay dues I would be all for it.

I was told at orientation we are NOT part of the union, very explicitly told that.
That's a good thing too. Unions are :censored2:.

CrazyDave

You also should understand that not only is subcontracting against the contract, but subcontractors like you are not getting the full benefits of working under a contract like we do. This goes for feeder subcontractors too.

You get paid less, and you’re using your personal vehicle and gas, putting wear and tear on your car which down the road will end up costing you a lot of money. I know how hard this job (especially rural deliveries)is on vehicles. I would not want to use my own personal vehicle to do this job.

I would venture to say that your net profit after all expenses will be slightly above minimum wage. You deserve better than that.

My hope is that in the future all seasonal employees will be driving a vehicle that is owned or leased by the company, and that they will be paid and treated as seasonal package car drivers.
I'm the only one at our center with a package car lmfao. The drivers love it cuz they'll load me down. Wednesday I had 110 stops and 186 packages before I went and got more from other drivers. I'm fast, efficient and do :censored2: right. Managers were following us around this week and today they said good job, nothing was placed at mailboxes and no damage claims etc etc.

CrazyDave

Don’t listen to the guys on here too much. They’re mostly bitter old financially illiterate divorcees who live paycheck-to-paycheck and have nothing going on in their life except sitting on a farty old driver’s seat, going around in circles milking the clock.

Work as quickly and safely as you can then ask for more work so I can get home before dark.
Amen to that. I run circles around a lot of the regular drivers. But during the non peak season I make $2k per day profit with my dumptruck business.