Pvd

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
You can file on their behalf.
That "should" should be a "must".

The only reason I have not filed for the two drivers is I am trying to figure out if the PVDs being extended as in more than 90 miles from our center, will have any bearing on the RPCD being able to work.

If the RPCD was offered the work, they would have to drive the 90 miles on their own dime and then return on their own dime. The route covered by the RPCD would be paid of course but because of this variable, I wonder if there is some way the company can get out of working the real drivers. Still researching this whole thing before I try to open a can of worms.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

The only reason I have not filed for the two drivers is I am trying to figure out if the PVDs being extended as in more than 90 miles from our center, will have any bearing on the RCPD being able to work.

If the RCPD was offered the work, they would have to drive the 90 miles on their own dime and then return on their own dime. The route covered by the RCPD would be paid of course but because of this variable, I wonder if there is some way the company can get out of working the real drivers. Still researching this whole thing before I try to open a can of worms.

Were they in the top 90% of seniority? If so that's a easy win also.

Oh and not to be a ass but it's RPCD (regular package car driver)

scooby0048

Our rider has language that no helpers may be utilized if a driver is laid off. I haven't looked but maybe the Central has something like that. @Mugarolla would probably know.
Ours does but my conundrum is if the PVDs are working and the drivers are not, is the company able to use "if work is available" BS to claim not enough work is available to put them to work. The PVDs are starting and finishing their work almost 100 miles away from our center and are only getting very few stops.

scooby0048

Were they in the top 90% of seniority? If so that's a easy win also.

Oh and not to be a ass but it's RPCD (regular package car driver)
They are not top 90% that's where I'm think the company can get away with it.

LOL, I didn't even notice I was typing that. Right now, I'm watching RIPD and reading about MCRD drill instructors. All the letters are just looking the same. Good catch.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
And this clause is only for part time employees driving or moving equipment around the yard, tractors and package cars.

In the Central, no part time employee is allowed to do delivery driving.

scooby0048

How do you explain the PVDs then? We have PVDs delivering in extended areas when two RPCD are laid off. I so want to file a grievance for these guys but I am not sure there is a case.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
How do you explain the PVDs then? We have PVDs delivering in extended areas when two RPCD are laid off. I so want to file a grievance for these guys but I am not sure there is a case.

In the Central, if any PVD's are hired, they are hired as a full-time seasonal driver.

Now, if they used a seasonal driver while an RPCD was laid off, they need to file on it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Not relevant here, but the Central also has language not allowing a part time single day vacation coverage driver to work if a package car driver is laid off.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The only reason I have not filed for the two drivers is I am trying to figure out if the PVDs being extended as in more than 90 miles from our center, will have any bearing on the RPCD being able to work.

If the RPCD was offered the work, they would have to drive the 90 miles on their own dime and then return on their own dime. The route covered by the RPCD would be paid of course but because of this variable, I wonder if there is some way the company can get out of working the real drivers. Still researching this whole thing before I try to open a can of worms.

I don't understand what the 90 miles has to do with it, or why drivers would have to make the trip on their dime. Is the work in another center? Contractual issues can be tough to figure out. I've been putting in as much time and effort I can to learn as much as I can since I became a steward. I finally feel like I'm getting a decent grip on the language. Keep at it.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Ours does but my conundrum is if the PVDs are working and the drivers are not, is the company able to use "if work is available" BS to claim not enough work is available to put them to work. The PVDs are starting and finishing their work almost 100 miles away from our center and are only getting very few stops.
"100 miles away" would pass 5 center's jurisdiction here.
Where are you at....Wyoming?
File on it anyway. Get your BA involved. Leaving 2 ft pc drivers home and working pvds is asking for a fight.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I identify as a RCMP.

Dudley_Do-Right.jpg

And this clause is only for part time employees driving or moving equipment around the yard, tractors and package cars.

"No PT employee is allowed to do delivery driving." PT air drivers delivering ground is the fastest growing segment at UPS. Where have you been the last 10 years?