Pvd

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I don't understand what the 90 miles has to do with it, or why drivers would have to make the trip on their dime. Is the work in another center?

The ninety miles from center thing is only relevant in the sense that the PVD doing that stuff is actually doing work off of a satellite route, so I have a feeling that the company would argue it's a different center's workload.

I think our steward is, how do I put this, sub standard (to be nice). I have been trying to figure out why he has not continually filed on this and several other things. The things I have challenged him on, he tells me that he will not discuss other members union activities (I respect that). I am actively trying to become a second steward or an alternate and right now, and it's been a fight getting the members on board to stand up for themselves and demand action from the steward.

"100 miles away" would pass 5 center's jurisdiction here. Where are you at....Wyoming?

Actually, yeah. One of our furthest stops from the center is almost 130 miles away.

I do hope that their first phone call was to their BA-----no way a FT driver should be sent home while a seasonal scab works.

I spoke to them briefly yesterday. Will find out more about what they did today when I see them,

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
"No PT employee is allowed to do delivery driving."

Correct.

Article 12 Section 4 of the Central

Part-time employees will not be permitted to do delivery driving, feeder driving, or tractor-trailer driving work.

PT air drivers delivering ground is the fastest growing segment at UPS.

PT air drivers are covered under Article 40 of the Master, not under the Central.

Remember...

National Master

ARTICLE 40. AIR OPERATION

Preamble

In order for the Employer, the Union and the employees to further benefit from the expanding air operations, the following Sections shall supersede language on the same subjects in the Supplements, Riders and Addenda, unless specifically stated otherwise in this Article.

And if they use air PT air drivers to deliver ground, they are covered under the Master, not the Central, and it is only an exception, and there is a penalty to pay, full ground rate.

If it is more than just an exception where you are at, and they are using you instead of hiring more full time drivers, maybe you need a better BA.

Where have you been the last 10 years?

I've been here enforcing the contract.

Where you been?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
"No PT employee is allowed to do delivery driving." PT air drivers delivering ground is the fastest growing segment at UPS. Where have you been the last 10 years?

I also forgot.

Weren't you the one bragging about a PTer making $90K.

I guess you really don't want to enforce the contract, and you want to continue delivering that ground.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
He's got 30+ years in and is making bank-------why shouldn't he take advantage of the situation while he can?

Maybe because he chose to remain PT, and by him delivering ground all the time, he is taking away another PT employee's opportunity to go FT that wants to go FT.

And everybody always grieves the second the Company violates the contract......

Oh wait, not in this case.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe because he chose to remain PT, and by him delivering ground all the time, he is taking away another PT employee's opportunity to go FT that wants to go FT.

By making himself available whenever and wherever he was needed he has had quite the lucrative "part time" career.

To put it in perspective, I was a FT pkg car driver for 30 years and never broke $80K.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
By making himself available whenever and wherever he was needed he has had quite the lucrative "part time" career.

To put it in perspective, I was a FT pkg car driver for 30 years and never broke $80K.

OK.

But he chose to remain PT.

What about that PTer, who is only making $25K, that wants to go FT and make that $80K.

Oh wait, we don't need him in packages because the Company uses 30 year PTers to deliver ground, on a very regular basis, violating the contract everytime.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
OK.

But he chose to remain PT.

What about that PTer, who is only making $25K, that wants to go FT and make that $80K.

Oh wait, we don't need him in packages because the Company uses 30 year PTers to deliver ground, on a very regular basis, violating the contract everytime.

Speaking as the PTer who is patiently waiting to go full time, I'd appreciate the contract being upheld.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Basically, he is their bitch------he is "on call" to help out whenever, wherever. Not enough to add a FT driver but just enough that they need someone to run it off. He is that someone.

We had someone just like him at my former center. Eric was also their bitch-----he lived about a mile away from the center and they knew that he would come in on short notice before working his regular 22.3 shift.