PVD's

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Won’t matter what he thinks. Company’s time to make a big move is now, while the Republicans have total control over a federal government that’s eager to :censored2: unions as hard as it can.
Please. This bunch is the same as the last. How much did Obama do for private unions when they had total control the first two years?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Teamsters Package Division Opposes New UPS “Seasonal Personal Vehicle Driver” Classification - UPS Rising
One letter and nothing on the main web page of the Teamsters. This must be low priority for the leadership? If this is so terrible, you would think it would be all over the web site?

Box Ox

Please. This bunch is the same as the last. How much did Obama do for private unions when they had total control the first two years?

Trump has appointed 2 new members to the NLRB who will choose corporate interests over labor interests 100% of the time. The Republicans now hold the NLRB majority. The fox is guarding the hen house.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm fully expecting to see some news stories this peak about dishonesty PVD drivers committing Uber style crimes and offences. I can't imagine that this will play out well for UPS in the news. Whatever background checks they are planning on for this new crew aren't likely to be any better than the ones they normally do on helpers, which is next to nothing.

This will have the potential to put customers at risk without them having a clue as to who is wearing the brown uniform standing on their porch.

Not to mention the obvious: copycat bogus delivery guys impersonating PVD's using their own vehicle to case neighborhoods, steal pkgs or worse.

What a crack pot idea. I know it's impossible for UPS to resist profits over common sense, but this is a completely new level of stupidity.
My helper last year was a few months removed from jail. High quality.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
One letter and nothing on the main web page of the Teamsters. This must be low priority for the leadership? If this is so terrible, you would think it would be all over the web site?
The guy that wrote the letter was removed from his position by Hoffa. We've been sold out already.

oldupsman

I'm fully expecting to see some news stories this peak about dishonesty PVD drivers committing Uber style crimes and offences. I can't imagine that this will play out well for UPS in the news. Whatever background checks they are planning on for this new crew aren't likely to be any better than the ones they normally do on helpers, which is next to nothing.

This will have the potential to put customers at risk without them having a clue as to who is wearing the brown uniform standing on their porch.

Not to mention the obvious: copycat bogus delivery guys impersonating PVD's using their own vehicle to case neighborhoods, steal pkgs or worse.

What a crack pot idea. I know it's impossible for UPS to resist profits over common sense, but this is a completely new level of stupidity.

This idea goes right there with the stupid Remote Delivery concept we tried for awhile. Same theory.
Profits over common sense.

clean hairy

How many will quit when they see it is alot more than just driving around delivering a box every so often?
How will the company deal with complaints because the kids doing the PVD delivering are blaring the 10,000 watt stereo in their car full blast?

rod

Retired 22 years
So if you pay a PVD by hour and mile what's to stop them from milking it like a 1970's driver? Will they be subject to Orion compliance or over/under?

Hey--I resent that. I busted my balls off in the 70's delivering cardboard. Them damn packages weighed 50 pounds.

DRporch

well hell.... if PVD gets .78 a mile and 18.75 an hour can i do that for peak? thats more then what i get as a fulltime driver.... why should i do 300 stops for less pay when then do 50-100