Question about 5 and 10 card

for pete's sake

You will be fine. They want you to know this stuff, which is fine. But it's way more important that you practice it
Again thanks for the input. I really hate asking simple dumb questions but as u already know hr tells u things depending on the facility and what u need to know to jump thru the next hoop to advance. That's all. Thanks.

Cementups

Box Monkey
If you don't care then why are you responding? At least I'm not asking if I can smoke dope can I work at ups like so many I've read on here. Geese.

You can smoke dope while working at UPS.....unless you are in feeders. But even in package, I don't know why you would risk it. Though I estimate about 33% of our drivers do it. Myself not being one of them.

for pete's sake

You can smoke dope while working at UPS.....unless you are in feeders. But even in package, I don't know why you would risk it. Though I estimate about 33% of our drivers do it. Myself not being one of them.
Me either. Get in a wreck and that's guaranteed see you later. SAP or no SAP i wouldn't chance it.

1Low59

In my area you have to know it word for word. They have you come in a few minutes early everyday just to study it with the "safety" committee. Good luck

for pete's sake

When I went you had to know it word for word for both. You could miss a word or two but it had to be pretty spot on.
Thanks for the info everyone. I pretty much got it down word for word. I should be good to go. Appreciate all the feedback. Still have plenty of more hoops to jump through. One more question. I know every facility is different. Since I'm going to the driving school and other classes before I start working the part time pre load. With the holidays getting close do you think my chances of getting to drive part time will increase? And I've been hearing getting a full time route could take 6 months to 2 years. Any thoughts on that.

Thanks for the info everyone. I pretty much got it down word for word. I should be good to go. Appreciate all the feedback. Still have plenty of more hoops to jump through. One more question. I know every facility is different. Since I'm going to the driving school and other classes before I start working the part time pre load. With the holidays getting close do you think my chances of getting to drive part time will increase? And I've been hearing getting a full time route could take 6 months to 2 years. Any thoughts on that.
A full time route could take you a decade

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I know every facility is different. Since I'm going to the driving school and other classes before I start working the part time pre load. With the holidays getting close do you think my chances of getting to drive part time will increase? And I've been hearing getting a full time route could take 6 months to 2 years. Any thoughts on that.

In response to your first question, I would say probably.

Too many variables to give you an accurate answer for your second question. It could take a long time.

for pete's sake

In response to your first question, I would say probably.

Too many variables to give you an accurate answer for your second question. It could take a long time.
Ok thanks. It's funny cause I had been reading this forum, the teamsters contract, and talking to other UPS drivers when I'd see one and knew what I was getting into when applying. That first day there were 14 of us that showed up and when the HR rep explained how things worked everyone walked out except myself and two others. One guy thought he was gonna jump straight into feeders if he got hired. It's kind of discouraging knowing it can take that long. But in the long run the money, benefits, and pension are sure worth it. Thanks again for the feed back.

Ok thanks. It's funny cause I had been reading this forum, the teamsters contract, and talking to other UPS drivers when I'd see one and knew what I was getting into when applying. That first day there were 14 of us that showed up and when the HR rep explained how things worked everyone walked out except myself and two others. One guy thought he was gonna jump straight into feeders if he got hired. It's kind of discouraging knowing it can take that long. But in the long run the money, benefits, and pension are sure worth it. Thanks again for the feed back.
It's very hard to make ends meet when you first start this job. One week you can make $800-$$900 dollars and the next week $100 dollars.

for pete's sake

It's very hard to make ends meet when you first start this job. One week you can make $800-$$900 dollars and the next week $100 dollars.
Yeah that does suck. Hey since you guys have been around I live an hour from my facility and would like work the late shift. Does it matter what shift u work as far as getting picked to drive part time when the opportunity comes up.