Quick question about bathroom breaks

nate4027

As a loader in a small center, the issue of having a supervisor cover a position for a bathroom break needs clarification. Is it considered an "emergency condition?" Some seem to think so and other do not.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Are you referring to grieving it as supervisors working for covering an employee's work while he or she relieves themselves?

I almost always let it slide, as a steward. I don't need management timing people when they're taking a dump.

InsideUPS

Are you referring to grieving it as supervisors working for covering an employee's work while he or she relieves themselves?

I almost always let it slide, as a steward. I don't need management timing people when they're taking a dump.

I totally agree with Piedmont here....overlook it and don't get into a "pissing contest":happy-very: with your supervisor. Whenever supervisors decide to work...I always encourage them to handle only the packages highlighted with Yellow and Black tape.:wink2:.....while I watch of course...

nate4027

No greivence has been filed but some people see it was a supervisors working greivence. I personally like to pick my battles and this is one I too feel should be off the table. Speaking of over weights, I am amazed at how many come through the system to my center with absolutely no overweight identification on them. I do my best to make sure they have the appropriate makings before being loaded into a package car, but they just keep on coming.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
A grievance could be filed if the employee were forced to punch out or break off-the-clock. jmo If the Teamster is being paid in the bathroom, the sup is okay.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Employee is being paid, sup just says to do it on break next time. Hey I can't help it when nature calls!

A friend of mine recently started working as a loader at my hub. His PT sup (a pimple-faced 19 year old jackass) told him he couldn't go take a leak during the shift. He asked me what to do.

I told him to put it "in the bank" and to wait 11 more days until he has seniority. Any sup that tries to keep someone from using the can should be lit up with paperwork.

:smart:

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The arrogant kid should be lit up on the unemployment line. The worst part is that it is part of culture, therefore this isn't an isolated instance.
Happens all the time. My kid 4 years on the job had a jack ass hitler youth polo wearing p.o.s.follow him into the men's room from the sort aisle because he had to take a leak.We don't work on the chain gang here "Break here boss? " KMA !

Big Babooba

Happens all the time. My kid 4 years on the job had a jack ass hitler youth polo wearing p.o.s.follow him into the men's room from the sort aisle because he had to take a leak.We don't work on the chain gang here "Break here boss? " KMA !
If the jack ass hitler youth polo wearing p.o.s. likes to watch, could that be sexual harassment?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Oh, that's an easy fix. Been done here years ago. Sexual Harassment grievance. No sup wants that on his record.