Raises for 2019

fedex_rtd

We will know in about 29 days....hopefully some rumors will start to filter out of Memphis in 2 or 3 weeks.

Fingers crossed for a 3% top and bottom of range increase along with a step increase for all others. October will be 18 months since the last pay action for hourly employees.

If I were to get a 3% raise it would put me roughly "ONLY" $4 per hour behind what a UPS feeder in my area makes. Actually they make a lot more because they still have a REAL traditional pension unlike that semi worthless "portable pension" or cash balance plan is worth, or should I say worthless.

Artee

Anybody else getting fed? We had catered ribs last week. Same for the ramp the week before. One local station last week had a restaurant cater a taco bar. They never spend money on us like that. Our Christmas food is usually pot luck. With business currently being down 6% seems like a weird time to spend. Some were thinking this could be FDX getting out in front and providing some cushioning for the let down of no raises this year. They think feeding you takes the sting away.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Anybody else getting fed? We had catered ribs last week. Same for the ramp the week before. One local station last week had a restaurant cater a taco bar. They never spend money on us like that. Our Christmas food is usually pot luck. With business currently being down 6% seems like a weird time to spend. Some were thinking this could be FDX getting out in front and providing some cushioning for the let down of no raises this year. They think feeding you takes the sting away.
Looks like an attempt to break the bad news gently.

Sorry, but I think you're screwed this year.

Serf

I like the recent rumor mill of: "no bonus for management." Hourlies on pace for step increase w/o cost of living increase. Top pay 2 incremental (6mos.) payouts of 3%.

Subramaniam's Myth

We will know in about 29 days....hopefully some rumors will start to filter out of Memphis in 2 or 3 weeks.

Fingers crossed for a 3% top and bottom of range increase along with a step increase for all others. October will be 18 months since the last pay action for hourly employees.

If I were to get a 3% raise it would put me roughly "ONLY" $4 per hour behind what a UPS feeder in my area makes. Actually they make a lot more because they still have a REAL traditional pension unlike that semi worthless "portable pension" or cash balance plan is worth, or should I say worthless.
"Portable Pension's" are not "semi- worthless" as you state. No company has to offer and very few do offer pensions. They are not guaranteed and can be tweaked or taken away at any time. Im lucky i have both traditional and portable. The portable payout were in June of this year, and the paper report should be in your mailbox this week. Take a look at the free money Fed -Ex is giving you as a Non Union company.

fedex_rtd

"Portable Pension's" are not "semi- worthless" as you state. No company has to offer and very few do offer pensions. They are not guaranteed and can be tweaked or taken away at any time. Im lucky i have both traditional and portable. The portable payout were in June of this year, and the paper report should be in your mailbox this week. Take a look at the free money Fed -Ex is giving you as a Non Union company.
It IS "semi-worthless" compared to a traditional pension. For the first 4 years I was with this company I was part time, then went full time for 4 more years before the traditional pension was frozen, it has been just over 11 years since the pension was frozen, I have been full time for those 11 years. So close to twice as long with the portable full time for all of it, and it is still less than the traditional that I was part time for half of it....Yeh, that's semi worthless, its a pension only in name so that the company can say, LOOK at us we still have a pension, but IT'S Not and only a suck up such as yourself would try to defend the company.

It's interesting that Smith penned an opinion in a paper last week stating that only the top 20% of American households have recovered from the 2007-2008 recession, the reason is clear for me, as I have had to divert a very high percentage of my pay into maxing out my 401k in order to make up the shortfall of the portable pension. Like you I also have a true traditional pension from a separate source other than FedEx, I KNOW WHAT A PENSION IS LIKE, the portable is just a simple cash balance plan.

fedex_rtd

Take a look at the free money Fed -Ex is giving you as a Non Union company.
It is NOT free money as you say, we have earned that money for long term service to the company, and if we were a UNION company like UPS we would take home more money in our checks, AND have a larger pension and better health care.

I regret not going to work for UPS, but by the time Fred screwed us over on the pension...he had no choice as congress changed the funding laws, and the FedEx pension was and still is underfunded, I was too old to make the jump.

dezguy

Hi old fart!

Subramaniam's Myth

It IS "semi-worthless" compared to a traditional pension. For the first 4 years I was with this company I was part time, then went full time for 4 more years before the traditional pension was frozen, it has been just over 11 years since the pension was frozen, I have been full time for those 11 years. So close to twice as long with the portable full time for all of it, and it is still less than the traditional that I was part time for half of it....Yeh, that's semi worthless, its a pension only in name so that the company can say, LOOK at us we still have a pension, but IT'S Not and only a suck up such as yourself would try to defend the company.

It's interesting that Smith penned an opinion in a paper last week stating that only the top 20% of American households have recovered from the 2007-2008 recession, the reason is clear for me, as I have had to divert a very high percentage of my pay into maxing out my 401k in order to make up the shortfall of the portable pension. Like you I also have a true traditional pension from a separate source other than FedEx, I KNOW WHAT A PENSION IS LIKE, the portable is just a simple cash balance plan.
Not true.. Not semi -worthless. Its money that is given to you. Your portable from your described YOS should be at 100K or an annuity of $600 . Quit complaining you sniveling little jerk. I dont defend Fed_Ex only pointing out to you this is free money that is given to you.

Subramaniam's Myth

It is NOT free money as you say, we have earned that money for long term service to the company, and if we were a UNION company like UPS we would take home more money in our checks, AND have a larger pension and better health care.

I regret not going to work for UPS, but by the time Fred screwed us over on the pension...he had no choice as congress changed the funding laws, and the FedEx pension was and still is underfunded, I was too old to make the jump.
What did you do that says you deservre are entitled to a pension? No company has to give you one.I hate that the traditional was frozen,and most likely no raises since 2017 for TOL. The portable is FREE money it is given to you.

Subramaniam's Myth

I don’t know about you but I’m working 45hrs this week. I worked 45hrs last week, and the week before that, and the week before that.....Fedex has yet to give me anything for free.
Wow so your not getting the Family HSA of $900, the up to 29 days off/year, 5 paid sick days, Free pension,and Free matching funds on your 401K, none of which cost you 1cent. So STFU i have to go finish my route.