Raises for 2019

SmithBarney

The only ones that got screwed last time round were the step 10 topped out couriers, a bonus doesn't increase your earning power. But really are they screwed? They make much more than the majority of the staff, and some are clearing 90-100k/yr

And engineers have nothing to do with it, Accountants do, Analysts do, They really need to bring back pay for performance. Performance Reviews with substantial incentives could cure much of the problems we have with staffing.

BootsOnTarmac

(Express) I agree. Performance reviews of the past went down all the way to the Handler level employees. I believe the Managers were getting tired of sitting down and addressing every employee about performance, tardiness and safety. A face to face about the employees score was too much for them! Favoritism may have been an issue and HR got tired of hearing about it. I hear Canada still has performance reviews at Express, how is this working out?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
(Express) I agree. Performance reviews of the past went down all the way to the Handler level employees. I believe the Managers were getting tired of sitting down and addressing every employee about performance, tardiness and safety. A face to face about the employees score was too much for them! Favoritism may have been an issue and HR got tired of hearing about it.

He only got a better raise than me because of his skin color/favoritism/his gender/his age/whatever ad nauseam.

dezguy

(Express) I agree. Performance reviews of the past went down all the way to the Handler level employees. I believe the Managers were getting tired of sitting down and addressing every employee about performance, tardiness and safety. A face to face about the employees score was too much for them! Favoritism may have been an issue and HR got tired of hearing about it. I hear Canada still has performance reviews at Express, how is this working out?

Pretty much this along with managers nit picking to make sure they keep people from getting a 6.7 or above.

dezguy

This. Didn’t get my 6.7 because I didn’t do the sales teams job and get them 16 leads
Gotta love the chincy stuff like that. Like I tell my manager; give me a 6.6 I'll work like a 6.6 (slow down). Give me a 6.7 and I'll work like a 6.7.

They thought I was bluffing the first year I got tired of getting screwed out of money. Slowed down by two stops per hour. When my manager asked what was up, I told them I'm working like a 6.6. Want my sph up, then I need to be compensated accordingly.

According to the people manual, in order to get a 7 on our review, all we need to do is what is expected of us, now that they can no longer ding us for sick days under 10. If I'm doing my job, the way they expect me to, there should be no reason why I shouldn't get a 6.7 or above.

Fixxxer

Gotta love the chincy stuff like that. Like I tell my manager; give me a 6.6 I'll work like a 6.6 (slow down). Give me a 6.7 and I'll work like a 6.7.

They thought I was bluffing the first year I got tired of getting screwed out of money. Slowed down by two stops per hour. When my manager asked what was up, I told them I'm working like a 6.6. Want my sph up, then I need to be compensated accordingly.

According to the people manual, in order to get a 7 on our review, all we need to do is what is expected of us, now that they can no longer ding us for sick days under 10. If I'm doing my job, the way they expect me to, there should be no reason why I shouldn't get a 6.7 or above.
Yup. Working slower and getting OT is way more lucrative than getting a 6.7 pay raise anyways

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I've been in the good old boy club for years. Because I never turn down work, I never get my hours cut. First time I say no, I will be exiled.
I’m not trying to burst your bubble, but don’t become too dependent on that. They can and will cut hours at any time if ordered from above. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Serf

I’m not trying to burst your bubble, but don’t become too dependent on that. They can and will cut hours at any time if ordered from above. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Fully understand that. Expendable. I've just had a good 5 year run on the fact that most of who they hire is so bad they don't have a choice.

Serf

Do you think they'll raise top rate? Top rate at my location is 32.25hr as a RTD. Wondering if that'll ever go up.
They raise is from time to time. Courier top pay was 27 & change about a decade ago. Now it's 31 & change. (My region). Question is how long will it take to get to it?

SmithBarney

Do you think they'll raise top rate? Top rate at my location is 32.25hr as a RTD. Wondering if that'll ever go up.
The new step scale changes each step, this past step it didn't because they bumped up the raise date. Otherwise I expect the scale to shift again this fall.