Random Dislikes

fethrs

I once asked a co-worker why she was wearing makeup. I was asking the question because this state is way humid and I doubt the makeup lasted for 15 minutes after she left the building. She blew some answer at me that I didn't quite hear. About a week later she tells me that she was offended that I asked, thinking I was saying, why bother with makeup, as it's not doing you any good. I didn't bother explaining myself, as things tend to get lost in translation.
That's cus your a guy and makeup is a girl thing (well most of the time at least)

Big Babooba

I don't wear make-up either......just lip gloss.

Good thing too, because it's so hard using mascara & eyebrow pencil when you have no eyelashes and eyebrows. :happy-very:

When I was 16 I got permission from mom to wear makeup.....it lasted about 3 days and I was sick of it and never touched it again. Can't be bothered.
What a coincidence! My mom also gave me permission to wear makeup when I was 16. Unfortunately she wouldn't let me wear her undergarments.:sad-little:

jennie

Jennie, do you seriously believe that the use of makeup makes you more of a woman that someone who chooses not to wear makeup?

(I called you by your "real" name as I am posing a serious question)

Of course not, some just like to wear it and some should wear it, its just an opinion. Don't want to freak anyone out.

over9five

Staff member
Did anyone see that story where a waitress got fired for not wearing make-up?
Her boss had told her she must wear it, but she wouldn't. I'm sure she's filing some kind of lawsuit.

Anyhow, I've wondered if she wore make-up to her job interview? Would this be false advertising? The boss hires you, expecting that you wear make-up all the time (like at the interview). Then you show up for work, and scare the customers.

What do you think? Should a woman who deals with customers HAVE to wear make-up when her boss tells her to?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Did anyone see that story where a waitress got fired for not wearing make-up?
Her boss had told her she must wear it, but she wouldn't. I'm sure she's filing some kind of lawsuit.

Anyhow, I've wondered if she wore make-up to her job interview? Would this be false advertising? The boss hires you, expecting that you wear make-up all the time (like at the interview). Then you show up for work, and scare the customers.

What do you think? Should a woman who deals with customers HAVE to wear make-up when her boss tells her to?
It's like us. We have certain req. ie, tatoos. If it is policy and it was policy when she started the job then I don't think she has a leg to stand on. Do I agree with it? No. But it doesn't matter if I agree with it or not. I don't agree with our tatoo policy nor with hair req's. Doesn't matter though, I knew policy when I hired and I have to live with it.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
I dislike when people call me with a problem and keep me on the phone while I am at home and I listen to their problem and tell them we'll go talk to the manager tomorrow. Only to be told, "I don't want to make any waves". I am NOT your therapist. If you have a problem and want to address it, call me and we will take appropriate steps. If you do not have the cajones to stand up for yourself don't waste my time at home. I am always available to anyone who has a problem, but I'm not your big brother. Sometimes you have to stand for yourself and not hide behind me.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Your eyelids are naturally purple? :wink2:
I once saw dilli's eye without makeup. Does this answer the question about makeup of not?

2887372_d725b0929d.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Be careful, Steve. Annie Oakley got a gun for her birthday and ain't afraid to use it.
LOL, I think "Annie Oakley" and I are gonna be shooting skeet from the back of the boat. Too bad you aren't coming along. It's not too late to change your mind. Maybe you can share a cabin with 9/5.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
LOL, I think "Annie Oakley" and I are gonna be shooting skeet from the back of the boat. Too bad you aren't coming along. It's not too late to change your mind. Maybe you can share a cabin with 9/5.
Steven I will be glad to take you up on the offer of skeet. I would love to. Do they actually do that?

over9five

Staff member
They do not do skeet. You guys have see too much "Love Boat"!!!!!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot:

I hate you guys.....!!!!