Random Dislikes

moreluck

golden ticket member
I answer the phone and there's no one there. Then about 3 seconds pass and they come on the line. Sometimes they'll say, "Robert"? I'll answer, "Do I sound like a Robert"? And then I hang up.

Sometimes, I'll say, "Where were you?" Then I hang up.

Either way, I hang up. I'm on the 'do not call' list, but I still get junk calls, just less.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is it just me or has the business phone call gone by the wayside? I was always taught that when you are calling someone as part of your job you should always identify yourself and the company that you are calling from. This was the way I was taught in the military and for the few phone calls that I have made while here at UPS.

What is my point? Just in the past 2 weeks I have received 4 phone calls from Verizon Wireless and each of them started "Is David there?" Not, "I am so and so from Verizon Wireless, may I please speak to David?" My responses will vary--sometimes I will say just say "yes" and then wait, other times I will just hang up or there will be times when I will instruct them in the proper way to make a business phone call (they usually don't like that part). I just think it is poor telephone manners and a poor reflection upon Verizon Wireless.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have been on the Do Not Call list since its inception. My home phone number has been unlisted since I got it. It has taken some time, but I rarely get solicitations anymore. The companies that I deal with,as far as ins, cable, etc, have all learned the hard way. DO NOT CALL ME. Usually all it takes is 1 time. The cable company took 2 times. They called on promo deals they had going on. I explained to them that if they ever called again I would cancel them. That's usually all it takes. I tell other solicitors that I will report them.

City Driver

i dont even have a home phone, no reason for one, so i dont get them anymore

but when i did use to get them i had alot of fun with them

watch this everybody, i guarantee you will enjoy it

[video=youtube;J5z4Vs26-TI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI[/video]

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I dropped my landline about a year or so ago as I rarely used it; in fact, when I called Verizon to cancel, the service representative looked at my account and agreed that I was wasting my money. This has greatly reduced solicitation calls. The only downside is that the phone companies have not yet agreed to add cell phones (as the only number) to their phone books--on the other hand, maybe that's not a bad thing.:happy2: They will add the cell if you also list your landline.

over9five

Staff member
I dropped my land line a couple years ago because we all have cells. But I had to get it back because cell service is very unreliable where I live. The cells worked everywhere but at home!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You will not believe this but one of my random dislikes is being called ma'am, You got me Hoax!
Dude, don't call me Ma'am?:wink2:

That frosts my cookies too! Phone solicitors are always calling me ma'am. I reply "THATS'S SIR!". Must be my name that throws them off (I hope).:angry-very2:
I guess you're a "high talker".

I answer the phone and there's no one there. Then about 3 seconds pass and they come on the line. Sometimes they'll say, "Robert"? I'll answer, "Do I sound like a Robert"? And then I hang up.

Sometimes, I'll say, "Where were you?" Then I hang up.

Either way, I hang up. I'm on the 'do not call' list, but I still get junk calls, just less.
Or when it's a recording telling you to wait for the representative. Sometimes I'll hold on and pretend I'm a recording to make them wait for an actual person.:happy2:

i dont even have a home phone, no reason for one, so i dont get them anymore

but when i did use to get them i had alot of fun with them

watch this everybody, i guarantee you will enjoy it

YouTube - The Greatest Prank Call Ever
That was good.

I dropped my land line a couple years ago because we all have cells. But I had to get it back because cell service is very unreliable where I live. The cells worked everywhere but at home!
Still no cell phone here.

City Driver

steve i can imagine you welding one of these bad boys together to mow your lawn with

1228210-L.jpg

not that theres anything wrong with that:peaceful: