RAP Religious Accommodation Process,anyone used it?

bbsam

Staff member
wondering if anyone has used it and to what results. Just looking for one day in the week of 20% reduction in stop count so I can be at the church. Realizing the nature of this work I know There will be times this will not be possible. I could use 8rs request but it’s only twice a month. Looking to hear from anyone who used this option and what was the management and Human Resource response. Thanks
Be a leader, not a follower. Propose to your church that you move the meeting to Saturday when the meeting can coincide with a community service project.

born2Bwild

Wonderful suggestions here. All my loop drivers are great drivers and work well with each other, even cover drivers. We often help and exchange favors. I have done my part and come way early to set my load and have easier day and not burden the dispatch. The problem is that this is not sitting well with manager. He wants me to perform the same every day: come in, set the load and cruise thru it. Another issue is that I have one late p/u. on other days I pace myself til I make the p/u than head back, but the day that I want to come in early I ask management to send the p/u to cover drivers. That is why I asked to know if anyone has used RAP option
Thanks for the thoughtful replies comrades

What'dyabringmetoday???

Wonderful suggestions here. All my loop drivers are great drivers and work well with each other, even cover drivers. We often help and exchange favors. I have done my part and come way early to set my load and have easier day and not burden the dispatch. The problem is that this is not sitting well with manager. He wants me to perform the same every day: come in, set the load and cruise thru it. Another issue is that I have one late p/u. on other days I pace myself til I make the p/u than head back, but the day that I want to come in early I ask management to send the p/u to cover drivers. That is why I asked to know if anyone has used RAP option
Thanks for coming in early. Lol.

Non sequitur

Yeah don't work off the clock. That's not one of the metrics you'll find on the daily report.

iruhnman630

I grew up in a Baptist church with Wednesday night "prayer" meetings.

I was too young to attend the service, but the night was also used for youth groups and choir practices. I have never heard of any religion with a religiously crucial Wednesday night activity to justify using religious accommodation to demand a shorter workday.

God will understand if you show up a bit late.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
The great Jessie Ventura when asked by a reporter what people would think about him being a atheist replied " If they are truly Christian they will forgive me". :-)

Dr.Brownz

Going to church once a week should be sufficient to get you into heaven. Pretty sure God doesn't give extra credit for Christian activity meetings.

It sounds like a church get together where they have 'wholesome fun' that the lord would approve of and/or hunt for future post-marriage trim.

Bro, you seriously looking for a 20% reduction in work once a week for party?!! No pun intended, but don't try to 'church it up' calling it a Christian activity meeting, it's a mixer at your church. Play games and drink coffee with the congregation on your own time. GET THE :censored2: OUTTA HERE WITH THAT :censored2:!

(Actually even though it's totally not Christian-like, I lied - that pun was definitely intentional. Lucky for me, I'm an atheist and give no :censored2:s about being christian-like. Whew, thank non-existent God!)

Bro the company is giving muslims the day off on Fridays because they grow beards and wear rags on their heads. Support your union brother.

Dr.Brownz

Stop coming in early to move boxes

Dr.Brownz

I grew up in a Baptist church with Wednesday night "prayer" meetings.

I was too young to attend the service, but the night was also used for youth groups and choir practices. I have never heard of any religion with a religiously crucial Wednesday night activity to justify using religious accommodation to demand a shorter workday.

God will understand if you show up a bit late.

Why are you taking the companies side?