RAP Religious Accommodation Process,anyone used it?

Dr.Brownz

Because two days off is plenty of time to worship.

There’s nothing in christianity that says he’s got to make a full worship every Wednesday or he’s going to hell.

He’s looking for special treatment to go hang out with friends.

Guess I should be given a 20% reduction every Friday to go to my weekly meeting at the local brewery.

You sound like a management wannabe. Just because you guys are to afraid to do a religious accommodation process you want to hate on this guy. You or the company don't get to define what some one else's religious practices are. And yes UPS should reduce work loads on Fridays to promote long term employee health. But please tell me some company made talking points about how unfair that is! Maybe your center manager will give you a pat on the back tomorrow! I bet you are his favorite driver!

LarryBird

In what way is another employee taking religious accommodation affecting you? If it is affecting you it is a failing by the company to not staff properly.
You think they're sending a guy out for 10 stops and a pickup or would it be more likely, as in 100% for sure, that the guy next to him gets an extra 10 stop :censored2: you sundae, with a 6pm pickup on top?

Because 10 stops and a pickup that one guy doesn't want to do isn't a staffing issue - it's an extra hour of work that someone else needs to cover, which sucks for that guy who ends up with it, but it barely registers a blip on the overall staffing radar.

So let's call it what it is - a Christian activity meeting issue, and now some other guy who isn't attending the meeting's issue, at that, because the OP isn't giving it a 2cd thought once he's signing that diad out, so it's damn sure not his issue anymore.

He passed that issue down the line, because his time is more valuable than everyone else's apparently, and perhaps because he's spending it at the church, he actually believes that bull:censored2:. He's out doing the lord's work - but it's at the expense of someone else's time unfortunately.

Dr.Brownz

You think they're sending a guy out for 10 stops and a pickup or would it be more likely, as in 100% for sure, that the guy next to him gets an extra 10 stop :censored2: you sundae, with a 6pm pickup on top?

Because 10 stops and a pickup that one guy doesn't want to do isn't a staffing issue - it's an extra hour of work that someone else needs to cover, which sucks for that guy who ends up with it, but it barely registers a blip on the overall staffing radar.

So let's call it what it is - a Christian activity meeting issue, and now some other guy who isn't attending the meeting's issue, at that, because the OP isn't giving it a 2cd thought once he's signing that diad out, so it's damn sure not his issue anymore.

He passed that issue down the line, because his time is more valuable than everyone else's apparently, and perhaps because he's spending it at the church, he actually believes that bull:censored2:. He's out doing the lord's work - but it's at the expense of someone else's time unfortunately.

Get on the 9.5 list then. They will figure something out

born2Bwild

I didn’t want to have my cause to be a burden to others that is why I did what I had to. But it seem the best path to follow now is to get on 9.5 list, take my full hour lunch and divert the last late pick up permanently to the next lower seniority or who ever. He may not like it but that is the only option left, I’m ok with that
Weather you have a religious obligation or family or community, whatever that is it’s very nice that others around you work with you to make it happen. I know in my loop a driver wants every Friday early so he can bbe present there. I’ve helped him by taking his last pickup and others did the same. In fact I help others in more ways that they could help me.

Email updated

iruhnman630

Get on the 9.5 list then. They will figure something out
AND use the 2 8-hour requests.

Between those two contractual obligations, and asking for help from coworkers when needed, you should be able to make most of the meetings.

But it does not rise to the level of religious accomodation.

What time are these meetings?

LarryBird

I didn’t want to have my cause to be a burden to others that is why I did what I had to. But it seem the best path to follow now is to get on 9.5 list, take my full hour lunch and divert the last late pick up permanently to the next lower seniority or who ever. He may not like it but that is the only option left, I’m ok with that
Weather you have a religious obligation or family or community, whatever that is it’s very nice that others around you work with you to make it happen. I know in my loop a driver wants every Friday early so he can bbe present there. I’ve helped him by taking his last pickup and others did the same. In fact I help others in more ways that they could help me.

Email updated
Is English your second language?

Not asking to try to offend you or to bust your nuts. Genuinely curious, because you seem to have a couple consistent mistakes you make, that suggest to me, spanish might be your native tongue.

If you don't wanna answer, that's fine. But there's nothing wrong with being bilingual, quite the opposite, in fact. I actually think it's awesome when people speak a second language. I do not, and I wish I did.

LarryBird

But it seem the best path to follow now is to get on 9.5 list, take my full hour lunch and divert the last late pick up permanently to the next lower seniority or who ever. He may not like it but that is the only option left, I’m ok with that
Is this how it works in your building? You're just allowed to move your pickups to someone with lower seniority?

Because I've never heard of that. In my building, your pickups are your pickups 99% of the time. Some of them are moved around by the dispatch, depending on who will be finished in time and able to make them, but the overwhelming majority come with the bid you select and stay on that trip/driver at all times.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Is this how it works in your building? You're just allowed to move your pickups to someone with lower seniority?

Because I've never heard of that. In my building, your pickups are your pickups 99% of the time. Some of them are moved around by the dispatch, depending on who will be finished in time and able to make them, but the overwhelming majority come with the bid you select and stay on that trip/driver at all times.
And they could just move his start time back so that pick up won’t put him over.

dogs.bite.me

Sometimes I'm too heavy to get all my pickups. It's fairly common for them to move it to someone else.

You are bashing this guy for wanting to attend a religious service. What a joke. We all have priorities. For some people, this job is their life. For others, they have more important things they prioritize. So you don't agree with him. That's ok. We can all believe different things and still get along.

But getting this guy off by 630 shouldn't be a big deal and MGMT should be aware to work with him for it. He's not asking for a drastic reduction in his work. He's asking for a reasonable dispatch. You would think that we could all agree on that.

Have a great day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sometimes I'm too heavy to get all my pickups. It's fairly common for them to move it to someone else.

You are bashing this guy for wanting to attend a religious service. What a joke. We all have priorities. For some people, this job is their life. For others, they have more important things they prioritize. So you don't agree with him. That's ok. We can all believe different things and still get along.

But getting this guy off by 630 shouldn't be a big deal and MGMT should be aware to work with him for it. He's not asking for a drastic reduction in his work. He's asking for a reasonable dispatch. You would think that we could all agree on that.

Have a great day.
Wednesday holds no significant religious value in Christianity. Sunday is the day or worship and rest. If we ever go to 7 day delivery he will absolutely have an argument. Until then he can request a religious accommodation all he wants. It would be denied and rightfully so because he’s essentially asking off to go to bible study.

LarryBird

I speak 5 languages fluent in 4
That's awesome. Which languages? And which is your native?

My wife majored in spanish, and taught esl, so I've picked up quite a bit. But I wouldn't consider myself a spanish speaker...more of a spanish understander. I can pick out the words I know, of which there are a lot, and piece together the message using those words.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
wondering if anyone has used it and to what results. Just looking for one day in the week of 20% reduction in stop count so I can be at the church. Realizing the nature of this work I know There will be times this will not be possible. I could use 8rs request but it’s only twice a month. Looking to hear from anyone who used this option and what was the management and Human Resource response. Thanks

Download one and fill it out.
My guess is you will not get much grief from management from this as they just had to pay a bunch of money from a lawsuit over this.
Ignore the people on here giving you a hard time. It is a changing world and some on here are stuck in their ways

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Wednesday holds no significant religious value in Christianity. Sunday is the day or worship and rest. If we ever go to 7 day delivery he will absolutely have an argument. Until then he can request a religious accommodation all he wants. It would be denied and rightfully so because he’s essentially asking off to go to bible study.

Not everyone is the same.
http://m.startribune.com/for-many-o...milies-wednesday-is-the-new-sunday/420431213/
Go comb your beard and stop being a company man