RAP Religious Accommodation Process,anyone used it?

iruhnman630

Why are you taking the companies side?
I'm taking the side of his coworkers who would need to take up the slack for him to meet his religious 'obligation', which I know of no such Wednesday obligation in Christianity.

He can use his 2 8-hour requests for 2 of the Wednesdays, and ask for help with the other 2.

Following the contractually agreed 8-hour requests and 9.5 language is not 'taking the companies side'.

Last edited:

Dr.Brownz

I'm taking the side of his coworkers who would need to take up the slack for him to meet his religious 'obligation', which I know of no such Wednesday obligation in Christianity.

He can use his 2 8-hour requests for 2 of the Wednesdays, and ask for help with the other 2.

Following the contractually agreed 8-hour requests and 9.5 language is not 'taking the companies side'.

Oh I see crying because you want to enable the company to under staff while not allowing religious accommodation. Got it

Superteeth2478

I have done my part and come way early to set my load and have easier day and not burden the dispatch. The problem is that this is not sitting well with manager. He wants me to perform the same every day: come in, set the load and cruise thru it.
You brainless :censored2:, don't you see where this is going? Come in early and work off the clock to set up your load to get off early, and they'll expect that from you every day. Not to mention that you're taking food from the paid-with-peanuts part-timers and destroying full-time job opportunities for those same part-timers. And supporting unreasonable production standards for yourself and your co-workers. Very stupid, not to mention unethical as well. Try anything but stealing work from others. If you can't think of anything to meet your "obligations" other than stealing work from others, then find another job. McDonald's is hiring.

LarryBird

Wonderful suggestions here. All my loop drivers are great drivers and work well with each other, even cover drivers. We often help and exchange favors. I have done my part and come way early to set my load and have easier day and not burden the dispatch. The problem is that this is not sitting well with manager. He wants me to perform the same every day: come in, set the load and cruise thru it. Another issue is that I have one late p/u. on other days I pace myself til I make the p/u than head back, but the day that I want to come in early I ask management to send the p/u to cover drivers. That is why I asked to know if anyone has used RAP option
Thanks for the thoughtful replies comrades
Do you not see why management would be expecting you to work close to that same standard you've foolishly set for the route every day, as opposed to just when it suits you or you've got a church bake sale to get to, friend?

When you come in early, setup your own load, and rifle through the day, you're setting a precedent that your route can be done at this speed on a regular basis and created an unrealistic standard for you(and your union bros and sis) to meet.

From the outlook of management and those above them who crunch the numbers, and would have no idea you've put in unpaid(and unallowed if you wanna get technical) time off the clock - you're basically dogging it the rest of the time when you're working at your own pace to just get done in time to hit your last pickup and head back to the building, while running your balls off other days and pushing the last pickup off on other guys, to floor it back and run to the church before the good donuts are all taken, and the coffee's started to cool.

That's like stealing time to their delusional brainwashed UPS management mindset - although it's really not THAT far off in some fashion if you're being honest with yourself. While not necessarily purposely taking time, because on those days it suits you, you are using every shortcut you can, including working against their own company rules off the clock, and before your allowed start time (Be aware you can be disciplined for punching in too early before a scheduled start...They've fired people for this before.) to finish earlier than you do any other day of the month outside of your 4 church dance days it could appear that way. Especially if they decide that they want it to, and really, does that not look a little weird to them?

Just come in, start work during paid hours, work at the same pace everyday, safely and fair to both yourself and them, and go home. If you're late to the church raffle or miss it altogether, oh well. Mass is on Sunday, everything else church related is just ancillary. If they can lighten you up or cover your late pickup and you make it on time and get a boston creme and a seat up front, that's just gravy, not to be expected. Don't put yourself in a bad spot here, and end up on the radar for a Christian activity meeting that less than a 1/4 of the congregation even considers attending, if my guess is correct.

You won't be able to tithe if you get mess up at work and get fired, and that's all your church really cares about anyway. They'd definitely rather your money than your extra midweek time - Just ask them, if they're good and honest Christians, they'll admit as much. Nobody involved with the church would ever tell a lie or manipulate the congregation, right?

born2Bwild

Before you attack someone read and understand the post. I never said I loaded my truck, I would never take even one click from my loader. I don’t know how are things by you but here they do shelf loading a 3000 shelf package could be anywhere in the 3000 shelf . to set up meant I put them where they should have been put. I also Look and flush out the miss loads avoiding having delivering them later. And quite frankly they don’t have enough staffing to load all the trucks so drivers are constantly being ASKED to punch in to load the truck.I don’t, I simply stay in the truck and organize the load probably most of you do that.
You must agree that when every package is in the right place and no miss loads your day will go much easier and that’s what like most of experience.
Please don’t turn this into personal attack

LarryBird

Before you attack someone read and understand the post. I never said I loaded my truck, I would never take even one click from my loader. I don’t know how are things by you but here they do shelf loading a 3000 shelf package could be anywhere in the 3000 shelf . to set up meant I put them where they should have been put. I also Look and flush out the miss loads avoiding having delivering them later. And quite frankly they don’t have enough staffing to load all the trucks so drivers are constantly being ASKED to punch in to load the truck.I don’t, I simply stay in the truck and organize the load probably most of you do that.
You must agree that when every package is in the right place and no miss loads your day will go much easier and that’s what like most of experience.
I dunno about anyone else here, but I set my truck up and check for misloads on the road, and while I'm being paid to do so. I do no work off the clock. I wouldn't even clean my mirrors before I was on their dime.

If you do, you're only screwing yourself, and others you work with. Period. Plus you're taking the chance at being disciplined for working off the clock, which as I've already mentioned, people have lost their jobs for. If you hurt your back arranging that truck before start time, are you gonna lie and wait to pretend it happened on the road/clock and if you dont, do you think management will not nail your ass to the cross for it.(put that in terms you might understand)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wonderful suggestions here. All my loop drivers are great drivers and work well with each other, even cover drivers. We often help and exchange favors. I have done my part and come way early to set my load and have easier day and not burden the dispatch. The problem is that this is not sitting well with manager. He wants me to perform the same every day: come in, set the load and cruise thru it. Another issue is that I have one late p/u. on other days I pace myself til I make the p/u than head back, but the day that I want to come in early I ask management to send the p/u to cover drivers. That is why I asked to know if anyone has used RAP option
Thanks for the thoughtful replies comrades
So you come in and work off the clock too.

Smh

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why are you taking the companies side?
Because two days off is plenty of time to worship.

There’s nothing in christianity that says he’s got to make a full worship every Wednesday or he’s going to hell.

He’s looking for special treatment to go hang out with friends.

Guess I should be given a 20% reduction every Friday to go to my weekly meeting at the local brewery.

Superteeth2478

Psssttt...it's the same difference.

542thruNthru

Because two days off is plenty of time to worship.

There’s nothing in christianity that says he’s got to make a full worship every Wednesday or he’s going to hell.

He’s looking for special treatment to go hang out with friends.

Guess I should be given a 20% reduction every Friday to go to my weekly meeting at the local brewery.

Who you try to fool. We all know your wife don't let you go to any brewery! Plus you're in small :censored2: hole usa. Your brewery is a horse trough. ;)

542thruNthru

There’s 3 within 30 miles. There’s about 20 wineries though

Please tell me this isn't a brag!
tenor-16.gif