RAP Religious Accommodation Process,anyone used it?

LarryBird

Boom.

As I said, he sorts and looks for misloads off the clock, so he can get out early.

I don't know why people were arguing with me about it on this page. I wouldn't have responded, but for the fact, I knew I was right.

LarryBird

Ok people I said I don’t load the truck and take away clicks from my loader on any NORMAL DAY, other drivers do but I don’t ,there are those who load every pack and they’re among the first to return. I also said I load the truck when they ask me to do so. Did your center ever experienced power outage, equipment failure or too many preloader called off? Weren’t you told go get on the clock and start loading? Is this wrong? You come here judging others when you do the same if not worst.
What I do to help me to return early is organize the load, flush out the miss loads. I know I’m setting my self up and I’m not doing it now instead I’m opting for 8rs request and exchange favors from drivers around me. Drivers prepping their load, this is not new you look at the dock and probably see most of your center drivers are in their truck before their start time so please .... you come here and wanna be everything that you can’t be in real life judging other on what to do and don’t? Save it....
Are you going to admit I was right now, @Sickofit ? I am usually not wrong if it's in regard to a reading comprehension issue. It's a strong suit of mine, brah.

Dude works off the clock. Period.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I can fly.
I can't prove I can fly.
A book written by people that know me says I can fly.
You have to have faith and believe I can fly.

Pretty much sums up religion.

Have you ever flown in an airplane? Would you be willing to let me help you try proving you can fly by throwing you off a building? Certainly if you can fly you would be able to prove that you could, and if you are unwilling to do so, plummeting to your death ought to provide adequate motivation for you. The concept of God is not the same as claiming you can do something. If a false equivalence is all you feel you need to justify your position, then I can't stop you.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
These aren't exact definitions but they'll help you understand your confusion:
Atheist don't believe in god or higher powers. Agnostics believe there is a higher power they don't know the exact identity of, so they don't prescribe to a single religion or set of beliefs.

For instance, I am an atheist, and it appears from your statement, that you are agnostic.

Just a quick explanation in my own words.

I'm not confused about the definitions of atheist or agnostic. I am not agnostic and I have my reasons for believing what I do, but I have no problem acknowledging the fact that my belief in anything does not, in and of itself, make that thing true. Most atheists I've spoken with refuse to acknowledge that their claimed lack of belief is actually just as faith-based as a belief in a deity. As if just by changing the wording a little makes what they believe true, despite their inability to support their position.

I will admit that I was wrong on the op working off the clock, I didn't read as closely as I should have and shot off my response too early. After rereading everything, you come off as far more reasonable than I originally perceived you to be, if I take your comments on religion with a grain of salt. So cheers to you, and I apologize. The 10 questions thread you made gave me a bad first impression.

LarryBird

Is anyone watching the universally acclaimed documentary 'Free Solo' on NatGeo this evening? I tuned in a bit late, but it's been extremely excellent so far. I'm definitely all in on it. I had no idea it was on today, and oddly enough I Googled it like 10 days ago to check out where I could watch it. Pleasant surprise.

Anyway, I posted this here because these guys, who climb and especially free solo, these insane rocks, compare it to a religion/religious experience all the time. There's been so many climbers who've written and talked about the spirituality they feel surrounding and during climbing, that I've gotta say it's pretty well accepted that this is a big part of the reason these people do it - it's the almost meditative state they achieve when rock climbing.

So that said, should UPS give time off, under the religious accommodation policy, for people who want to rock climb during normal work hours? It's well understood that the very early morning to mid afternoon are the best hours for climbing - a big chunk of which falls during the workday, no bueno. Since they feel so strongly about the meditative, relaxed, spiritual state they feel when climbing, one could argue strongly that it's a religion or religious experience. It's got some shared qualities with religions UPS recognizes as absolutely legitimate.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

LarryBird

Documentary over. That :censored2: was the bomb. Very exhilarating. Dude climbed El Cap with no ropes or protection in less than 4 hours. Insane.

What I'd imagine a religious experience feels like for some.

Except everything in the documentary actually occurred, Alex Honnold and El Capitan are both a factual person and place, and this event took place at a documented and verified time. But except for all that factual stuff, it's probably almost the same.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Have you ever flown in an airplane? Would you be willing to let me help you try proving you can fly by throwing you off a building? Certainly if you can fly you would be able to prove that you could, and if you are unwilling to do so, plummeting to your death ought to provide adequate motivation for you. The concept of God is not the same as claiming you can do something. If a false equivalence is all you feel you need to justify your position, then I can't stop you.

You have to have faith I can fly.
My Disciples believe me.

F

Frankie's Friend

Boom.

As I said, he sorts and looks for misloads off the clock, so he can get out early.

I don't know why people were arguing with me about it on this page. I wouldn't have responded, but for the fact, I knew I was right.
You know what you want to "know".
His original statements werent decisive and so you assumed.
You had a 50/50 chance of being right and I gave him the benefit of the doubt.
Are you going to admit I was right now, @Sickofit ? I am usually not wrong if it's in regard to a reading comprehension issue. It's a strong suit of mine, brah.

Dude works off the clock. Period.
Your strong suit is profanity.
Comprehension is not a parallel issue. But you were ready to trash him regardless due to his thread title "making him a fake".
That's the real issue.

And at the least he admitted it.
Honesty is his strong suit. Try to learn from him.

LarryBird

Comprehension is not a parallel issue. But you were ready to trash him regardless due to his thread title "making him a fake".
That's the real issue.

I didn’t guess. He decisively stated that he came in early to sort and check for misloads in one of the 1st few posts he made in this thread. You apparently missed it, plus the other dozen posts that discussed it, and assumed from reading the then end of the thread that you knew the story. You didn’t.

LarryBird

That's the real issue.

I didn’t guess. He decisively stated that he came in early to sort and check for misloads in one of the 1st few posts he made in this thread. You apparently missed it, plus the other dozen posts that discussed it, and assumed from reading the then end of the thread that you knew the story. You didn’t.

rickyb

Documentary over. That :censored2: was the bomb. Very exhilarating. Dude climbed El Cap with no ropes or protection in less than 4 hours. Insane.

What I'd imagine a religious experience feels like for some.

Except everything in the documentary actually occurred, Alex Honnold and El Capitan are both a factual person and place, and this event took place at a documented and verified time. But except for all that factual stuff, it's probably almost the same.
yea because when you feel like you are risking your life, you are letting go (of free will in a sense) as did luke skywalker when he was blowing up the death star

i dont do rock climbing, but ive done close to 10x different nut job activities, and they are all the greatest moments of my life aside from donating and cutting back on diary and meat products.

rickyb

These aren't exact definitions but they'll help you understand your confusion:
Atheist don't believe in god or higher powers. Agnostics believe there is a higher power they don't know the exact identity of, so they don't prescribe to a single religion or set of beliefs.

For instance, I am an atheist, and it appears from your statement, that you are agnostic.

Just a quick explanation in my own words.
i believe in religion metaphorically and that depending on how they are understood they offer value.

what does that make me?

rickyb

What the heck is it to you?

It's amazing that the life wizards on here have time to post since they run the universe simultaneously with working a full time job.

What a person believes and if they donate money to that end is a personal one, not to be scrutinized by other people including those in their place of worship.

When we started giving back to the church I decided not to put it in an envelope with a number attached to my name (for tax purposes) so that not one person in the church finance dept would ever know what my family gave. It's no one else's business.
I also believe that they need to quit passing the offering plates during the service. It's a form of coercion imo.

I have faith that the God I trust in sees what I do and will reward me according to my trust in Him. My financial needs have always been met and I've been given more than I deserve. Much more.

So go ahead and slam my statements with rhetoric that means nothing to me. We will all figure it out when we stop breathing. At that time the arguments will stop and the slander will cease.
why do you go to church? what action on your part does it translate into?

most people do religion wrong; probably >95%