RAP Religious Accommodation Process,anyone used it?

born2Bwild

I do not load unless I’m told to get on the clock and I punch in when I have lots of airs and about 30% of load is Outside of the truck I simply organize the load just like many of you already do that. In a perfect world the loader should load every package in its right place but that does not happen, they sometimes stand at the overhead door and shoot the packages to shelf. What I did in the morning helped me to have better and easier day on the day that I want to get in early plus I flush all the miss load and do I don’t have deliver them later. Other days I really don’t care what’s on the truck. I preferred this option rather than 8 hrs request because I didn’t want to burden drivers around me they have family too. I sought input regarding the option available, while I appreciate the few who offered their input and even constructive criticism most turned it into something else. How hard is it for you guys to have normal and civilized discussion? I really don’t care about anyone’s opinion who chooses to attack my character, work ethic or my belief. This is internet. Period nothing else beyond that
Remain calm take a deep breath and remember we both bleed brown

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Who said he'd get the two 8 hr requests granted twice a month on wednesdays? Our language says that you cant get the same day of the week reduced on a continuous basis.

I'm assuming this is in your supplemental language?

Why would that even be allowed to be added. Also wouldn't it be lesser language then the Master?

Could you post the language please I'm curious about it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I do not load unless I’m told to get on the clock and I punch in when I have lots of airs and about 30% of load is Outside of the truck I simply organize the load just like many of you already do that. In a perfect world the loader should load every package in its right place but that does not happen, they sometimes stand at the overhead door and shoot the packages to shelf. What I did in the morning helped me to have better and easier day on the day that I want to get in early plus I flush all the miss load and do I don’t have deliver them later. Other days I really don’t care what’s on the truck. I preferred this option rather than 8 hrs request because I didn’t want to burden drivers around me they have family too. I sought input regarding the option available, while I appreciate the few who offered their input and even constructive criticism most turned it into something else. How hard is it for you guys to have normal and civilized discussion? I really don’t care about anyone’s opinion who chooses to attack my character, work ethic or my belief. This is internet. Period nothing else beyond that
Remain calm take a deep breath and remember we both bleed brown
No many of us do not. Very few people here touched packages off the clock.

If you were in my center I’d file on you working off the clock and you’d be banished from the belt until start time.

Brownslave688

Why would that even be allowed to be added. Also wouldn't it be lesser language then the Master?

We have the same language. It is never enforced here.

542thruNthru

We have the same language. It is never enforced here.

That's horrible language. I usually take 8hr days to be able to attend family things. What if my kid plays a baseball game every Wednesday and I want to be able to go to at least 2 a month.

Glad they don't enforce it there but they could always start and that's not right.

F

Frankie's Friend

Did you not know the hours involved when you took the job?

When I was hired I was told we work until the works done
Two different statements.
People can also change their convictions when it comes to faith. How you felt about things when you were hired may be different now.
I don't think it's anybody else's business what his convictions are and what he believes and with that being said posting it here is just asking for abuse.

F

Frankie's Friend

JAC decision. I'll try to dig it up later.

F

Frankie's Friend

That's horrible language. I usually take 8hr days to be able to attend family things. What if my kid plays a baseball game every Wednesday and I want to be able to go to at least 2 a month.

Glad they don't enforce it there but they could always start and that's not right.
They enforce it here.
There's too many drivers to allow abusive issues.
"Using your seniority" is an issue as well.
I will post about it later.

LarryBird

There is no reason to work before start time, ever. This includes setting up your load and checking for misloads. Loading the truck shouldn't even have to be mentioned, but I will, and it should 100% never be done before the pcm is over and you're on paid time.

I don't think @born2Bwild gets that none of us here do these things, as he keeps saying things like, "as you all have done", in relation to working before the start time.

OP, you should follow the rules on that. It's only gonna come back to bite you in the ass, more than it already has with their numbers, some time in the future when they need something to discipline you for, when they're on one of their revenge missions.

Work as directed. I've fouled up with this in the past, trying to cut some time off the day, and get out early. It's not worth exposing yourself to discipline and/or risking your job to save 30 mins at the end of the day. Very few things in our lives would be worth losing a career for - the mundane events that always seem to pop up and start right when we're punching out on our normal days, they're great and all, and everyone needs a social life. But they come around all the time, outside the important family events that are one and done stuff - weddings, graduations, birthdays. These things are sporadic enough that management is happy to work with you on them, probably willing to offer you the day off, if you want it.

The other non-family stuff, that will just roll around again in another form a week from now, they're different for everyone, but we all have them - they're not worth risking a career for, or getting on managements radar and risking dealing with their overzealous scrutiny of your every move.

Just get there a few minutes late or miss it. People understand what you do, and how it's an unpredictable job with time off and hours.

You'll know the difference in what you can and cannot miss and if you have to be there right on time - it's common sense. Use it and everyone is better off. You, your union brothers and sisters, and management/UPS all benefit, and nobody's salty with anyone else for acting like a :censored2:face.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
There is no reason to work before start time, ever. This includes setting up your load and checking for misloads. Loading the truck shouldn't even have to be mentioned, but I will, and it should 100% never be done before the pcm is over and you're on paid time.

I don't think @born2Bwild gets that none of us here do these things, as he keeps saying things like, "as you all have done", in relation to working before the start time.

OP, you should follow the rules on that. It's only gonna come back to bite you in the ass, more than it already has with their numbers, some time in the future when they need something to discipline you for, when they're on one of their revenge missions.

Work as directed. I've fouled up with this in the past, trying to cut some time off the day, and get out early. It's not worth exposing yourself to discipline and/or risking your job to save 30 mins at the end of the day. Very few things in our lives would be worth losing a career for - the mundane events that always seem to pop up and start right when we're punching out on our normal days, they're great and all, and everyone needs a social life. But they come around all the time, outside the important family events that are one and done stuff - weddings, graduations, birthdays. These things are sporadic enough that management is happy to work with you on them, probably willing to offer you the day off, if you want it.

The other non-family stuff, that will just roll around again in another form a week from now, they're different for everyone, but we all have them - they're not worth risking a career for, or getting on managements radar and risking dealing with their overzealous scrutiny of your every move.

Just get there a few minutes late or miss it. People understand what you do, and how it's an unpredictable job with time off and hours.

You'll know the difference in what you can and cannot miss and if you have to be there right on time - it's common sense. Use it and everyone is better off. You, your union brothers and sisters, and management/UPS all benefit, and nobody's salty with anyone else for acting like a :censored2:face.

How’s about a TLDR version

Brownslave688

It’s meant to keep the same few high seniority guys from taking every Friday 8.0 just because. I mean I get the spirit of it but it’s never been a problem.

LarryBird

Also I do not 'bleed brown'. Management that put in 16 hour days 'bleed brown'.

I work at UPS, and give them a fair days work for a fair days pay. I follow their rules while I'm there. That's the extent of my relationship with UPS.

The check is there every week, so I'm there every week.

F

Frankie's Friend

It’s meant to keep the same few high seniority guys from taking every Friday 8.0 just because. I mean I get the spirit of it but it’s never been a problem.
Every driver group is different but ours has many older upper seniority guys that bump younger drivers with less seniority out of 8 hr days all the time and management watches to insure that lesser seniority employees get 8 hr requests granted.

It's the only way to try to be fair to the whole driver group and it also keeps folks from calling off on the days they were denied.

The percentage of drivers granted 8 hr requests is supposed to be a minimum but management often claims it is a cap.

F

Frankie's Friend

I do not load unless I’m told to get on the clock and I punch in when I have lots of airs and about 30% of load is Outside of the truck I simply organize the load just like many of you.
No many of us do not. Very few people here touched packages off the clock.

If you were in my center I’d file on you working off the clock and you’d be banished from the belt until start time.
Are we missing the OP's statement? They've posted this multiple times.
"He's" on the clock while organizing the truck.

They'll never let us burn preload time organizing our loads. How different this is from building to building.

Brownslave688

Are we missing the OP's statement? They've posted this multiple times.
"He's" on the clock while organizing the truck.

They'll never let us burn preload time organizing our loads. How different this is from building to building.
No he said he was on the clock if he loads.

He’s sorting off the clock.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Going to church once a week should be sufficient to get you into heaven. Pretty sure God doesn't give extra credit for Christian activity meetings.

It sounds like a church get together where they have 'wholesome fun' that the lord would approve of and/or hunt for future post-marriage trim.

Bro, you seriously looking for a 20% reduction in work once a week for party?!! No pun intended, but don't try to 'church it up' calling it a Christian activity meeting, it's a mixer at your church. Play games and drink coffee with the congregation on your own time. GET THE :censored2: OUTTA HERE WITH THAT :censored2:!

(Actually even though it's totally not Christian-like, I lied - that pun was definitely intentional. Lucky for me, I'm an atheist and give no :censored2:s about being christian-like. Whew, thank non-existent God!)

Larry Bird is a Christian.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Lmao every one of these people is basically saying they have more important or more fun things to do on the weekends than worship god.

These people can go all of the Wednesday worship they want. It isn’t gonna help them get into heaven. Not when they are choosing going to the cabin or volleyball tourneys over worship

You can't earn your way into heaven.

You think they're sending a guy out for 10 stops and a pickup or would it be more likely, as in 100% for sure, that the guy next to him gets an extra 10 stop :censored2: you sundae, with a 6pm pickup on top?

Because 10 stops and a pickup that one guy doesn't want to do isn't a staffing issue - it's an extra hour of work that someone else needs to cover, which sucks for that guy who ends up with it, but it barely registers a blip on the overall staffing radar.

So let's call it what it is - a Christian activity meeting issue, and now some other guy who isn't attending the meeting's issue, at that, because the OP isn't giving it a 2cd thought once he's signing that diad out, so it's damn sure not his issue anymore.

He passed that issue down the line, because his time is more valuable than everyone else's apparently, and perhaps because he's spending it at the church, he actually believes that bull:censored2:. He's out doing the lord's work - but it's at the expense of someone else's time unfortunately.

If everyone were christian and requested the accommodation, they would have to hire more drivers. Let's stick together fellow union members!

Last edited: