Reducing overtime

davidix

I'll take it! Sign me up for this any day of the week. Maybe now I can actually have a real lunch. Not that I dont eat..but sit down and enjoy the sunshine? There's pick ups in 10 minutes God dammit! Here I go.

People know..a big majority of people would love the 9.5 and if you want all that ot..trust me the managment will give you work. There's always work.

JL 0513

Buying a new car with cash is stupid. For one, depreciation. Two, a car's failure rate is a bathtub curve. Your highest failure rates are when the car is new and when it's reaching its end of life. The stable phase of a car's life is in the middle. This holds true for any manufactured product. Lastly, financing a car is brilliant over paying cash. That cash is best served invested elsewhere as it will outpace the apr cost associated with a car loan. Buying a car with cash is smart for one thing - telling financially dull people you bought a car in cash. Credit is your best friend as it provides you with the needed leverage to punch above your weight.

Yup, but of course not if you can only get a sub-prime interest rate. I currently have a 0% loan on a car and that is absolutely better than paying all cash up front. In 4-5 years you're paying the same payment as today even when the value of a dollar is less. That's on top of the whole investing argument.

Yup, but of course not if you can only get a sub-prime interest rate. I currently have a 0% loan on a car and that is absolutely better than paying all cash up front. In 4-5 years you're paying the same payment as today even when the value of a dollar is less. That's on top of the whole investing argument.
I got 0%. They are always out there.

JL 0513

0% is built in to the price of the vehicle. Pay cash and lower the purchase price.

Yes, dealers can play this game of offering 0% while not moving much on price. A smart shopper will see what the dealer is doing with the numbers.

4% interest on a $40K loan for 60 months is over $4,000. The 0% saves you that $4K right there and now you need to see if you're getting the right amount off the msrp as well. If you get 0% but the dealer doesn't move far from msrp, then yeah, you're not really getting a "great" deal.

Yes, dealers can play this game of offering 0% while not moving much on price. A smart shopper will see what the dealer is doing with the numbers.

4% interest on a $40K loan for 60 months is over $4,000. The 0% saves you that $4K right there and now you need to see if you're getting the right amount off the msrp as well. If you get 0% but the dealer doesn't move far from msrp, then yeah, you're not really getting a "great" deal.
0% is only a good deal if you have little or no money down

JL 0513

0% is only a good deal if you have little or no money down

That doesn't really change the financial argument of whether paying all cash down vs financing at 0% for 3-5 years. Still better in my view to do 0% in all situations (unless you're rich where cash for everything is just easier). Regardless of money down.

That doesn't really change the financial argument of whether paying all cash down vs financing at 0% for 3-5 years. Still better in my view to do 0% in all situations (unless you're rich where cash for everything is just easier). Regardless of money down.
When I purchased my wife's car I had the choice of 0% financing or $1500 extrà off of the price of the car. I put 7k down on the car and the finance charge was under $900 which I paid a lot less than that because I paid it off in under 3 years.

JL 0513

Wahhhhhh we get too much OT
Wahhhhhh we aren't getting enough OT

UPS shouldn't make sweeping changes dealing with people's income with no notice. If half of drivers like OT and half don't, it's not that difficult to dispatch accordingly based on a list. The existing 9.5 list did just that.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
UPS shouldn't make sweeping changes dealing with people's income with no notice. If half of drivers like OT and half don't, it's not that difficult to dispatch accordingly based on a list. The existing 9.5 list did just that.
The company guarantees you 8 hours a day of work, nothing more, nothing less.

Drivers have been screaming forever we put out days that are too long, and then when it gets fixed everybody complains about it. If you want more work let your sups know and they’ll load you up. That I can promise is never an issue

The company guarantees you 8 hours a day of work, nothing more, nothing less.

Drivers have been screaming forever we put out days that are too long, and then when it gets fixed everybody complains about it. If you want more work let your sups know and they’ll load you up. That I can promise is never an issue
D3OdaKTGlpTBC.gif

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I don't want the overtime. If any of my loop buddies want the extra work I'm more than happy to comply.
My management team knows that I will take 4 dead days a week but so far that isn't happening. Appears they are putting all drivers on the street with little to no layoffs.

I don't want the overtime. If any of my loop buddies want the extra work I'm more than happy to comply.
My management team knows that I will take 4 dead days a week but so far that isn't happening. Appears they are putting all drivers on the street with little to no layoffs.
That's what they should be doing. I can never understand why they would pay someone not to work

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
With a reduction of paid day you’re always going to put more drivers on