Reducing overtime

Undertow

The part that hurts isn't necessarily the overall money itself but the idea that you're losing the easy money hours after 8, if that makes sense.

You ask most people what they would do for $53/hr, you wouldn't hear many restrictions.

I don't want to work excessive OT but a good hour a day is a nice bonus money.
Heck the nearest thing to a 40hr week in these parts is when a short timer gets fed up with being out after 9pm three nights in a row and calls in sick Thursday and Friday.

There's no standard definition of "Preferable" so what one driver thinks would be ideal, the next might have a different picture in his/her mind. If indeed there are buildings out there where drivers can actually be done and on their way home before 6PM, then I hope they take advantage of it as much as they can while they can because as most know, it's a trend that never sticks around for long.

Many years back, the oldest guys with highest seniority would get a dispatch often not much over 9 while the newer drivers who weren't near the full scale wage would be looking at mostly north of 11 so even if they did run bonus with OT, the company still made out due to the sizable wage disparity. Now it's almost the complete opposite where the newest hires are so hobbled due to the failed ORION traces that the company has to hold them to something near an 8hr dispatch just in the hope that they can manage to get done in something not too far over 10 which means the experienced guys have to fight more and more to get days where the loads aren't complete basket cases. I don't see that dynamic changing anytime soon.

PT Car Washer

Heck the nearest thing to a 40hr week in these parts is when a short timer gets fed up with being out after 9pm three nights in a row and calls in sick Thursday and Friday.

There's no standard definition of "Preferable" so what one driver thinks would be ideal, the next might have a different picture in his/her mind. If indeed there are buildings out there where drivers can actually be done and on their way home before 6PM, then I hope they take advantage of it as much as they can while they can because as most know, it's a trend that never sticks around for long.

Many years back, the oldest guys with highest seniority would get a dispatch often not much over 9 while the newer drivers who weren't near the full scale wage would be looking at mostly north of 11 so even if they did run bonus with OT, the company still made out due to the sizable wage disparity. Now it's almost the complete opposite where the newest hires are so hobbled due to the failed ORION traces that the company has to hold them to something near an 8hr dispatch just in the hope that they can manage to get done in something not too far over 10 which means the experienced guys have to fight more and more to get days where the loads aren't complete basket cases. I don't see that dynamic changing anytime soon.
I agree with most of what you are saying about the new drivers being left out there to fail. Either because of failed management or management not being allowed to make successful decisions. Same difference. Experienced successful drivers having their planned day expanded where a 9.5 day is now an 8 hour day. Even with 22.4 drivers, I also don't see that changing.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Democrat Leadership is wonderful!

MG
Don’t even get me started.....they’ve run this state into the ground. Yeah I get it we’re the 5th largest economy in the world. Yet we have some of the poorest people....the worse schools....horrible roads....high taxes.....mass homelessness.....illegals.....sanctuary cities.....oh yeah but we have great weather.

IESucks

A 1 hour reduction a day is $13,000 gone a year.

I wonder how many drivers have done the math.
When you get older it's not about the money. If you still live check to check after 30 years ur an idiot. I retired after 30 years due to excessive overtime .

The Range

In too deep
Buying a new car with cash is stupid. For one, depreciation. Two, a car's failure rate is a bathtub curve. Your highest failure rates are when the car is new and when it's reaching its end of life. The stable phase of a car's life is in the middle. This holds true for any manufactured product. Lastly, financing a car is brilliant over paying cash. That cash is best served invested elsewhere as it will outpace the apr cost associated with a car loan. Buying a car with cash is smart for one thing - telling financially dull people you bought a car in cash. Credit is your best friend as it provides you with the needed leverage to punch above your weight.