Repercussions for crossing a picket line?

Thebrownblob

There won't be a strike. Too many young people could care less about tomorrow and need to pay their bills today.
Perhaps, but it should be noted the ones complaining the loudest are the youngest. If they’re not willing to step up to secure their future, I don’t know what to tell you.

Thebrownblob

Honestly I think some of the younger employees are the ones that are more disgruntled
When I was a young driver, I never once thought. Hey, it’s 5 o’clock why am I still working? After 5 o’clock these new drivers start getting pissed thinking we have bankers hours. Hey, that’s fine I suppose but you better be ready to put up a fight for yourself because it’s not my job to fight all your battles.

When I was a young driver, I never once thought. Hey, it’s 5 o’clock why am I still working? After 5 o’clock these new drivers start getting pissed thinking we have bankers hours. Hey, that’s fine I suppose but you better be ready to put up a fight for yourself because it’s not my job to fight all your battles.
They're the same drivers we were crying they are broke

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
We can honor picket lines because it’s in our contract. Unfortunately and shockingly not every teamster contract has that.

The IAM master has language that we cant be disciplined for crossing. That shop went rogue, probably a weak RTW local, maybe their BA did not know or was told they were going to cross anyway. Hell they may have even not been members.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Perhaps, but it should be noted the ones complaining the loudest are the youngest. If they’re not willing to step up to secure their future, I don’t know what to tell you.
I'm not expecting you to tell me anything.
Complaining is one thing. Thinking your way through it into a positive solution is another. Unless you're predisposed to being a whiner.

Thebrownblob

I'm not expecting you to tell me anything.
Complaining is one thing. Thinking your way through it into a positive solution is another. Unless you're predisposed to being a whiner.
We were discussing people who may or may not be willing to fight to get what they deserve, ie strike if necessary. In 1997 I did just that, fought for a full-time job. I was willing to go as long as necessary. With the understanding that the job was no longer worth having if the company had their way, completely. Those that not willing will get what the company wants to give them but, will constantly complain. I don’t know you, I don’t know if that pertains to you, it wasn’t in reference directly to you. I it was a general statement in reference to someone saying, he thought Many would cross the picket line, because they need the money.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We were discussing people who may or may not be willing to fight to get what they deserve, ie strike if necessary. In 1997 I did just that, fought for a full-time job. I was willing to go as long as necessary. With the understanding that the job was no longer worth having if the company had their way, completely. Those that not willing will get what the company wants to give them but, will constantly complain. I don’t know you, I don’t know if that pertains to you, it wasn’t in reference directly to you. I it was a general statement in reference to someone saying, he thought Many would cross the picket line, because they need the money.
A3EDFDAC-2844-486C-AB21-0F6B16179E5E.gif

Strike fund from day one will help alleviate some of that.