Repercussions for crossing a picket line?

Thebrownblob

You should have a minimum 4-6 months of living expenses put away in savings whether there is a strike or not.
Great advice I wish people would listen, but we all know they do not, and it doesn’t even have anything to do with income. For most people, the more they make the more they spend.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My local already has a strike fund they will receive that check as well as the one from the international.
So can you imagine the clout a union would have at the negotiating table if 85 percent or higher of membership had assets put away in a private strike account?

Thebrownblob

So can you imagine the clout a union would have at the negotiating table if 85 percent or higher of membership had assets put away in a private strike account?
If you’re talking about peoples personal accounts, I don’t think the company is going to know what people have they’re going to assume just like we are. We do, however, have a very healthy strike fund team care promising to make sure everyone has healthcare we are positioned 10 times better than we were in 97. People being a responsible with money it’s just a fact of life.

Thebrownblob

Also, I’m not certain why do you think, and how you know what union is going to ask is going to be unreasonable or out of line. I’ve had the pleasure of being involved in quite a few contracts at other companies, in the last two years. Most of these companies are throwing money at union members and union members are voting it down for more time off. My guess is what we ask will be quite reasonable and a real bargain for the company compared to what they could get without the Teamsters.

Thebrownblob

They are paying $21-$23 an hour my hub for part-timers already and still cannot staff the building. I’m not certain why people think the union is not going to be able to negotiate better wages the company will be begging them.