Repercussions for crossing a picket line?

Johney

One the most interesting thing I found about people who crossed the picket line, is that after we returned management, treated them worse than those who had not.
My building had a few cross and most after were chastised by both the hourly and management. Most quit or were fired the few who lasted hated their lives. The reason I think they were beat down by management is because back then most managers had been drivers for at least 10 years or more before going to the dark side and had little respect for them after.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
My building had a few cross and most after were chastised by both the hourly and management. Most quit or were fired the few who lasted hated their lives. The reason I think they were beat down by management is because back then most managers had been drivers for at least 10 years or more before going to the dark side and had little respect for them after.
No one respects a scab.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
gJQmxQB0Ktc1.png

Thebrownblob

Keep hope alive Wally! By DAY 6 the strikeline will be collecting their first strike paycheck and part-timers. Who may Cross will realize they’re missing out on free money and company will be craping their pants unnecessarily losing money. Managers will be running around like chickens with there head cut off getting almost nothing done.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Keep hope alive Wally! By DAY 6 the strikeline will be collecting their first strike paycheck and part-timers. Who may Cross will realize they’re missing out on free money and company will be craping their pants unnecessarily losing money. Managers will be running around like chickens with there head cut off getting almost nothing done.
We hope. It's been 26 years since any strike.

Thebrownblob

We hope. It's been 26 years since any strike.
Very true and it’s the companies disregard for their employees and the contract that puts us in a situation where many people feel a strike is more likely now anytime in the last 25 years. Of course, all of it can be avoided if the company comes to the table ready to negotiate fairly in accordance to success and profitability of this corporation the past five years. I do believe the teamsters will not be asking for anything out of line

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Against my advice, my son went into management 14-15 years ago at UPS. He told me the company has blacked out any vacations for 6 weeks, beginning the day the contract expires, for management.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
We need food, take home food, and wifi

Its_a_me

They are paying $21-$23 an hour my hub for part-timers already and still cannot staff the building. I’m not certain why people think the union is not going to be able to negotiate better wages the company will be begging them.
Then your hub is the exception.

10 year employees that are part time currently make $19.30 an hour. They started at 8.50/9.50 an hour. The 8.50 was the unskilled rate back in 2013 and the 9.50 was the skilled rate in 2013. Once they got rid of unskilled those affected caught up.

FYI, the 8.50 an hour rate in 2013 is equivalent to making $11.00 an hour today according to the cpi calculator. So, the negotiations for pt wages has been severely lacking for years. Probably why the PT'ers make close to McDonald's wages.

...and the repercussions of Xing are that Rocco and Rocco make a personal visit to your home and discuss the impact of crossing with you.

Thebrownblob

Then your hub is the exception.

10 year employees that are part time currently make $19.30 an hour. They started at 8.50/9.50 an hour. The 8.50 was the unskilled rate back in 2013 and the 9.50 was the skilled rate in 2013. Once they got rid of unskilled those affected caught up.

FYI, the 8.50 an hour rate in 2013 is equivalent to making $11.00 an hour today according to the cpi calculator. So, the negotiations for pt wages has been severely lacking for years. Probably why the PT'ers make close to McDonald's wages.

...and the repercussions of Xing are that Rocco and Rocco make a personal visit to your home and discuss the impact of crossing with you.
Ours is an MRA, the actual wage is no different than the contractual one you were talking about.