Repercussions for crossing a picket line?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
In my current building most probably will cross the line. Over a dozen drivers load their own trucks a half hour before the shift starts.

No one works in their classification & no one cares as long as they make their own hours
What grievances have you filed to address this issue?

Brownt10

What do you mean no one works in their classification? Do you mean they’re bid job?
Correct. I’m a 22.3 & there are 3 other 23.3’s in my building. We do ground 3-5 days a week.

We had over 20 drivers work preload from May-end of October bc apparently couldn’t find pt preloaders. So what happened was they started preload at 0500 when we normally start at 0300-0330.

Now that peak is over more and more drivers are working preload. If I knew this was going to be the new norm I would of never been a 22.3 so I could make top rate & work the same hours.

Brownwind

Correct. I’m a 22.3 & there are 3 other 23.3’s in my building. We do ground 3-5 days a week.

We had over 20 drivers work preload from May-end of October bc apparently couldn’t find pt preloaders. So what happened was they started preload at 0500 when we normally start at 0300-0330.

Now that peak is over more and more drivers are working preload. If I knew this was going to be the new norm I would have never been a 22.3 so I could make top rate & work the same hours.
You make top rate when you deliver or shuttle ground. Drivers working preload are probably senior drivers who enjoy the easy work and like getting done at a reasonable time in the afternoon so they can have a life outside work.
Remember the 22.3 is a wad job unless your bid was specific (airport, responder, d-cap etc…)

upser2020

As far as the part timer rate in our hub they have been switching the mra back and forth from an actual rate adjustment to bonus and back several times over the past 18 months

Brownt10

You make top rate when you deliver or shuttle ground. Drivers working preload are probably senior drivers who enjoy the easy work and like getting done at a reasonable time in the afternoon so they can have a life outside work.
Remember the 22.3 is a wad job unless your bid was specific (airport, responder, d-cap etc…)
I’m a full time 22.3 which means I can bid off this and go package car driving as a cover or bid route.

Those 20+ drivers were not all senior drivers. Some had seniority as low as 4 years. I became a 22.3 switching from cover bc I was working late every night so I completely understand drivers working preload it not when it’s mostly a yearly thing. They are taking hours from part timers that want more hours & we could have more part timers paying union dues

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
ezgif-1-19a7856573.gif

Sporhwhore

Hope I’m wrong but I’m convinced the young guys are gonna scab… our work already dried up at my hub and they’re already in panic mode having to work a sort here and there just to get their 40