Retire already!

over9five

Staff member
I was 2 months old when #1 in all New england got hired !!! I've told him that and he laughs all the time He is funny when you talk to him!!

LOL, and if you see him driving around he looks like a grumpy old ****. But he's not!

When he signs on on the radio, the dispatcher always says, "How you doing tonight?". He always replies "Rotten!"

I agree with Brownedout "Share some of the wealth with the centers and lets start hiring, and promoting from within and be the company the outside world believes us to be. " Everytime I tell someone I work for UPS i get the "Oh thats a great company to work for", I just smile and say yes mam/sir

rod

Retired 22 years
This guy is far from a maroon,,he reads constantly and is very intelligent.He is a hard working guy.I believe he may have re/married and is hanging on for bennys for a wife younger than him. Rumor has it,I never asked him,but is believed he served a tough tour in Korea.Up until a few yrs ago he used to help his son during the day as a roofer then come in at like 10 or 11 at night and shift for 10 to 12 hrs.He is a tough old bastard and his kind are fading fast with the end of the baby boomer generation being hired in the 80's.. nope ,not a maroon just likes his job!!

If he has a young wife maybe he is still driving feeders to get some rest

Babagounj

Strength through joy
he's getting more than just bennies; still working past age 70 means that SS kicks in, your pension kicks in and he still draws a full weekly check.

{ 5 more months until 30 yrs full pension credit, but alas still too young to qualify for min retirement age }

rod

Retired 22 years
he's getting more than just bennies; still working past age 70 means that SS kicks in, your pension kicks in and he still draws a full weekly check.

{ 5 more months until 30 yrs full pension credit, but alas still too young to qualify for min retirement age }

Maybe he hates his wife

over9five

Staff member
Maybe he hates his wife
No. Here's their picture:

hugh-hefner-and-crystal-harris.jpg

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
He has a dry sense of humor !!! Years ago ,he called out on the radio... "Hellloooo dispatch !! The wheels of this trailer are now facing the sun" when a trailer flipped in the yard !!

Highwayman

I have 3 years to go for minimum retirement age. Hope I can leave at that time. Have a little respect for those guys ahead of you in seniority, you'll get your turn. That being said I remember an old line: Be careful what you wish for.........you might get it!:sad-very:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
He has a dry sense of humor !!! Years ago ,he called out on the radio... "Hellloooo dispatch !! The wheels of this trailer are now facing the sun" when a trailer flipped in the yard !!
did you show him the picture of that recently flipped Norwood trailer ?

leastbest

LeastBest
I'm coming in late to this thread but thought I'd throw my two cents in.

I started in 1974 and started driving in 1978. I've had my own route since 1979 in Sheffield Lake Ohio, right on the south shore of Lake Erie.

I plan on retiring in six months when I turn fifty-five so that I can get the health care benefits. If I could get buy health care I would have left before this.

Retiring is a personal thing. I have friends at UPS with more seniority who have good reason for staying and I respect that. I would never call someone a maroon for staying. For me it is a no-braiiner.

I have a beautiful route and no everyone on it. I work and look at the lake all day. At lunch I sit on the beach and play my banjo, guitar or ukulele and all my frustration vanishes.

UPS is a smalll part of my life and a lot like flossing. Just something I need to do to have a good life. It will be over soon.

Randy
www.leastbest.com

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm coming in late to this thread but thought I'd throw my two cents in.

I started in 1974 and started driving in 1978. I've had my own route since 1979 in Sheffield Lake Ohio, right on the south shore of Lake Erie.

I plan on retiring in six months when I turn fifty-five so that I can get the health care benefits. If I could get buy health care I would have left before this.

Retiring is a personal thing. I have friends at UPS with more seniority who have good reason for staying and I respect that. I would never call someone a maroon for staying. For me it is a no-braiiner.

I have a beautiful route and no everyone on it. I work and look at the lake all day. At lunch I sit on the beach and play my banjo, guitar or ukulele and all my frustration vanishes.

UPS is a smalll part of my life and a lot like flossing. Just something I need to do to have a good life. It will be over soon.

Randy
www.leastbest.com

Yes it will, but don't stop flossing !!! Can you use banjo string for that?