RETIRED!

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
congrats dude. dont listen to any haters here please and keep posting around here, gives me hope because im not even close to retiring and i need to hear guys like you very consistently so i dont get depressed that i still have 20 plus left! congrats and enjoy yourself!

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
View attachment 33295

I grew one when I was off last Summer, I really didn't care for it. It's easier just to shave then try to keep it trimmed in my opinion.

Congrats on your retirement MC4YOU2. I can go anytime I want. We went on ORION recently, the stupidity of it all just may make me pick a date.
Grew one out of curiosity recovering from surgery. New reasons to keep clean shaved. My work is too dirty anyway.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There's no substitute for experience, especially from a time when the current newbies are nearly totally unaware of those circumstances. We had a strike in 1997 which was a pivotal time for most of us involved. Could that perspective provide useful insight in upcoming years? Some things change, some things remain. New technology, old implementation technique.

I was there in '97-----didn't agree with the strike then and still don't see the need for it today.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

congrats dude. dont listen to any haters here please and keep posting around here, gives me hope because im not even close to retiring and i need to hear guys like you very consistently so i dont get depressed that i still have 20 plus left! congrats and enjoy yourself!

Just curious, how will stories from old timers make you feel better about yourself?

OPTION3

Retirees, especially those who are 5 or more years removed, may not be up to speed on the changes in the operations portion of the business so perhaps they should refrain from posting on those threads.

Stories from a UPS that no longer exists serve little to no purpose.
Time and place......

Returntosender

Congratulations enjoy life.
This might be interesting to you feeder guys near retirement age?

American Crisis – Health of our Nation’s Truck Drivers

Corporate Wellness on January 29, 2014 -

In America, nearly 1 of every 15 people in the workforce is employed in the trucking industry, including over 7 million truck drivers on our roads. Due to an unhealthy lifestyle and lack of good nutritional options while traveling, truck drivers are categorically one of the unhealthiest populations in our country. Indicative of the challenges facing this population, the average life expectancy of drivers is 61 years (Global Insight May 2005)

http://www.corporatewellnessmagazin...-crisis-health-of-our-nation-s-truck-drivers/

Social security website life expectancy table says different depending on current age the table projects future life expectancy.

Figure maybe people factor in this info, on planning and when they choose to retire?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Congrats to you. I to can leave with 30 in '18. But may stay till 55yrs for full pension.. just want the 30. To say friend it. Anytime I want. Getting closer

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Congratulations enjoy life.
This might be interesting to you feeder guys near retirement age?

American Crisis – Health of our Nation’s Truck Drivers

Corporate Wellness on January 29, 2014 -

In America, nearly 1 of every 15 people in the workforce is employed in the trucking industry, including over 7 million truck drivers on our roads. Due to an unhealthy lifestyle and lack of good nutritional options while traveling, truck drivers are categorically one of the unhealthiest populations in our country. Indicative of the challenges facing this population, the average life expectancy of drivers is 61 years (Global Insight May 2005)

http://www.corporatewellnessmagazin...-crisis-health-of-our-nation-s-truck-drivers/

Social security website life expectancy table says different depending on current age the table projects future life expectancy.

Figure maybe people factor in this info, on planning and when they choose to retire?

We're not truck drivers so your link is meaningless.

moreluck

golden ticket member

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I was there in '97-----didn't agree with the strike then and still don't see the need for it today.

And so, your input, even after retiring, should be heard by those who weren't. I supported the strike, but there's always 2 sides of a coin. Mine, and the wrong one. Both are important.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Congrats to you. I to can leave with 30 in '18. But may stay till 55yrs for full pension.. just want the 30. To say friend it. Anytime I want. Getting closer

Thank you! It's a good feeling knowing you're in a position to make that decision. It's truly liberating knowing the golden handcuffs have a key and its in your pocket.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
We're not truck drivers so your link is meaningless.
You are correct. We are service providers that are highly trained professional industrial athletes.
downloadfile-4.jpeg

ski or die

Ski or Die
Retirees, especially those who are 5 or more years removed, may not be up to speed on the changes in the operations portion of the business so perhaps they should refrain from posting on those threads.

Stories from a UPS that no longer exists serve little to no purpose.
I have been retired 17 years and my former coworkers still contact me and come by for me to help them write their grievances. More than glad to be able to still help them.