RETIRED!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have been retired 17 years and my former coworkers still contact me and come by for me to help them write their grievances. More than glad to be able to still help them.

I would think that is less a reflection on you and more of how little they think of their current stewards.

17 years removed and you still feel the need to help?

What is wrong with you guys? You are retired-----let those of us still here take care of our business.

ski or die

Ski or Die
I would think that is less a reflection on you and more of how little they think of their current stewards.

What is wrong with you guys? You are retired-----let those of us still here take care of our business.
Sorry, these are my friends. And friendship is very important in our lives. I am sure you do not turn your back on your friends when they ask for your help.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sorry, these are my friends. And friendship is very important in our lives. I am sure you do not turn your back on your friends when they ask for your help.

If they need help moving or doing some work around the house----no problem.

If they need help with a work related issue the right thing to do would be to refer them to someone who is still on the payroll. You are retired----it is not your place to get involved in work-related issues involving current employees. It is also not your place to involve yourself in union activities nor should you be attending any union meetings or union sponsored activities.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Anyway, back to MC4YOU2. This is about your thread. Congrats on your retirement. You surely earned it. The hardest thing about retirement after leaving UPS is learning to slow down in life. From your training at UPS, it was push, push, push. Which carried over to your weekend projects around the house. It was very hard to slow down after retirement. Probably took a couple of years. After you finally learn to slow down and not push yourself you will really enjoy your retirement years. Again Congratulations.

rod

Retired 22 years

But some of you can't even cross a street without getting hit---you need us.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
just wondering. what are your plans now? travel? work your own business? volunteer? always curious about what people do in retirement. might give me some good ideas as I can go out anytime I want to.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
As retired710steward said, It will be difficult initially to get off the pace you set as a driver. You will probably run thru all the honeydo's you had backing up on you the last couple of years. Sleep in if you wish, you deserve it. I worked nights, by choice my last 29 years in feeders. I've been retired 1 year now, and I'm still on nights. I'm a night owl by nature, and I very seldom get to sleep before 3-4am. When I do go to sleep, I usually sleep a max of 5 hours. My wife still works by choice and she hates that I get to lay around the house and eat bon bons all day. Actually, our roles kind of reversed. I've become domesticated. I'm not above washing clothes, doing dishes, running errands. etc. I cook dinner usually 3-4 times a week. If you have a hobby or pasttime, throw yourself into it and stay busy. It's the best decision I ever made.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Come on upstate we retirees are full of good advice. We made the union what it was. The new teamsters have let the retirees down

I agree that retirees are full of good advice but disagree that they should comment on the day to day operations of the company as they are not up to date on all of the changes.

Are you watching the game? The Carrier Dome is rocking!