Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Welcome to my ignore list.
Meanwhile...
spying-on-neighbors.jpg

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Simple formula to calculate retro check:

TOTAL INCOME AFTER AUGUST 1 multiplied by .7 divided by straight time hourly wage = Retro check amount

Of course the formula would have to be modified if you were in progression, and would not work for pay gained from grievances, workers comp or disability pay.

There is no need to do the tedious work of figuring out exact amount of straight time and overtime worked since this is already reflected in the total earnings and will be reflected in the back pay using a simple formula:

I made about $64,000 working as a driver since August 1, 2018 at $36.19 per hr.

So $64,000 X $.70 divided by $36.19 = $1,238 gross Retro check so far

Look up your pay back to August on upsers

Who cares!! YOU!! the one who run your lunch!!!

35years

Gravy route
So...
1. Look at your year to date earnings for the year listed on the check this Thursday/Friday.
Example: $30,000

2. Add to it the amount you made from August 1 to end of the year 2018. Info available on UPSers.
Example: $35,000

3. Multiply that total amount by .7
Exaample: 65,000 x .7 = 45,500

4. Divide that number by your current straight time hourly wage.....
Example: 45,500 ÷ 36.19 = $1,257.25

The result is your gross retro check amount.
$1,257.25

Of course the formula would have to be modified if you were in progression, and would not work for pay gained from grievances, workers comp or disability pay.
Also, if you are now on vacation your year to date total earnings will be wrong on vacation checks.

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
36.19 x .70
65,000 1,257.25

If John Brown made $65,000 in straight pay and OT with a base rate of $36.19 how much would he make working the same hours at a base rate of $.70 ?

$1,257.25

Last edited:

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Just looked at the last time we got retro checks, 800 or so after taxes nothing special. Enough to have fun or catch up on some Bill's either way.

Underallowed306

You guys suck at math. The only way to calculate your amount is to take the total hours straight time worked, multiply it by .7. Then take the total number of hours of overtime worked, multiply it by 1.05. Add the two numbers together. That is the only way to find the GROSS amount. The ONLY way.

Now there is some debate about the tax rate. I’ve read the IRS taxes bonus and retro pay the same way, which according to their website, is 22%. You also have to add social security and Medicare tax(7.45%) and state income tax if you have it. Then there is retirement contribution. But, hopefully, as some of you have said, retro pay will be taxed as a normal weekly check. I guess we’ll see.