Retroactive checks

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
No, it is in the terms of the contract "extension"....which were never published to the membership.

But what was made public is "All economic improvements are retroactive".

Then there is an agreement between the company and union about eligibilty for back pay being contingent on active employment upon implementation of the contract?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Then there is an agreement between the company and union about eligibilty for back pay being contingent on active employment upon implementation of the contract?
I see no reason to make that assumption, nor does "All economic improvement are retroactive" suggest that is the case?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I see no reason to make that assumption, nor does "All economic improvement are retroactive" suggest that is the case?

You mentioned the terms of the contract extension in response to @Rutherford B Hays' post about the requirement of still being employed to get retro pay being in the contract, and I was just trying to clarify what you meant. If such an agreement exists, even if it was not made public, that would change things.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You mentioned the terms of the contract extension in response to @Rutherford B Hays' post about the requirement of still being employed to get retro pay being in the contract, and I was just trying to clarify what you meant. If such an agreement exists, even if it was not made public, that would change things.
Those who separated prior to ratification worked under the same extension as those who didn't.

Unless it is specifically outlined in the extension itself, I don't see how this anybody can assume anything here???

....yet they do, wholesale.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Those who separated prior to ratification worked under the same extension as those who didn't.

Unless it is specifically outlined in the extension itself, I don't see how this anybody can assume anything here???

....yet they do, wholesale.
Because that’s how it was last time?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Because that’s how it was last time?
That isn't my recollection....???

I have been as active as most on this site since 2007, and I don't recall this being an issue or a thread topic back in 2014.

....yet there are months worth of helpers and dues withheld threads annually.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If I had to guess, there will be many live checks issued to separated employees, that ultimately sit in a drawer at most hubs for 180 days, before being discarded uncashed.

That's what I would do if I were the Company???

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If I had to guess, there will be many live checks issued to separated employees, that ultimately sit in a drawer at most hubs for 180 days, before being discarded uncashed.

That's what I would do if I were the Company???

That creates all sorts of accounting headaches. It'd be better to not bother to cut the checks unless someone comes asking

5C6C6100-59FF-47FF-BC27-EEC109554EA7.png
5C6C6100-59FF-47FF-BC27-EEC109554EA7.png
So apparently payroll crapped the bed big time and checks won't be out until next month now. There are guys and girls in progression that got $3 raises based on some formula that aren't supposed to get a raise. So the extra they got last week has to be paid back and several of their checks are still showing raises this week that aren't supposed to be there

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If the new contract had never been ratified, none of us would be owed backpay at all. The contract only covers current employees. Those who quit/fired are in the same position as if the contract had never been implemented.
If my Aunt Sally had a dick, she would be my Uncle Charlie???

None of us were working in a "state of limbo", we were working under a defined, but indefinite extension.
I just don't see how you can make that assumption?

Let me pose to you a parallel scenario; if you have 3 weeks of vacation scheduled for later this year, but quit before those week get here, is the Company obligated to pay you out for those weeks?

I say they are and they do.