Ridiculous

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Heard that a superstation in Houston was so overwhelmed with freight one day this week that they left 4000 pieces at station and went out with what they had.

Houston isn't the only place where it happened. We were rolling 2 to 3 AMJ's per day just so we could leave the building by 1030. All of them were overnight freight.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

The management walked the belt today handing-out our "appreciation' gifts. I won't say what it was because it might identify me, but let's just say the value of the gift was about $1.50. WOW!! What an amazing company!! FedEx SUCKS.

WAIT A FREAKIN' SECOND!! You got gifts?! WTF??!! We didn't even get our stinking chicken biscuits from chik-fil-a this year...the economy is tough and all the managers might not get their bonus if they did it. Merry friend!*&^N' CHRISTMAS!! I'm just glad it's over. Does anyone else actually hate the holidays because of this job or is it just me?

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Heard that a superstation in Houston was so overwhelmed with freight one day this week that they left 4000 pieces at station and went out with what they had.[/QUOTE]

Hear tell there was a station near Dallas that had to leave behind almost 1000 stops on Thursday and were going to have to "try" to get them out on Friday.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
WAIT A FREAKIN' SECOND!! You got gifts?! WTF??!! We didn't even get our stinking chicken biscuits from chik-fil-a this year...the economy is tough and all the managers might not get their bonus if they did it. Merry friend!*&^N' CHRISTMAS!! I'm just glad it's over. Does anyone else actually hate the holidays because of this job or is it just me?
I tell my customers, "If you work for X, kiss your holidays goodbye".
Heck, UPS gets the Friday after Thanksgiving off, sheeesh.

FedExer267

They can work if they want too. Its all time and a half and all they deliver is the air NDA 2DA and do some pickups easy money

bumped

They can work if they want too. Its all time and a half and all they deliver is the air NDA 2DA and do some pickups easy money

Double time plus 8 hour holiday pay for me :)

I really think the only reason UPS works the the day after Thanksgiving and New Years Eve is because Fed Ex works.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Double time plus 8 hour holiday pay for me :)

I really think the only reason UPS works the the day after Thanksgiving and New Years Eve is because Fed Ex works.

I was told that we trade Columbus and Veterans Day for the day after Thanksgiving. We get straight time for working that day--easy $$$.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I was told that we trade Columbus and Veterans Day for the day after Thanksgiving. We get straight time for working that day--easy $$$.
FDX doesn't like Columbus or Veterans so, those are normal work days for us. Only 6 paid holidays a year for us.