Road test in manual/stickshift transmission failure/2 chance at road test?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That sucks big time, Ups should have given you test in automatic truck. Ups made effort to bring pre historic stick shift truck for your road test, instead of scraping stupid requirement,and getting rid of all stick shift trucks, The whole Ups truck fleet should be automatics. No manual transmissions what so ever.
Get rid of the automatics and have all manuals!

You’re gonna give all the cake eaters a heart attack

Let senior drivers have the clunkers, I prefer full auto. senior drivers can have those dinosaurs. Hey! they might even prefer manuals, all that work to drive stick. its enough to deliver the packages, let alone switching gears. Automatic is the way to go, and Ups should know this by now.
Stick shifts go much better in the snow. Plus those old trucks are heavier and that helps in the snow.

The newer trucks are too long and skinny and have a crappy turning radius.

clean hairy

I am sure Rod remembers when they went from having to turn the crank on the front of the engine to electric starters, and just turn the key.
If BC had been around back then, "i could not turn the crank to start the engine and failed the road test. How soon do I get to try again, and why did I have to take it in a crank start the first time?"

I am sure Rod remembers when they went from having to turn the crank on the front of the engine to electric starters, and just turn the key.
If BC had been around back then, "i could not turn the crank to start the engine and failed the road test. How soon do I get to try again, and why did I have to take it in a crank start the first time?"
Let him take a test on one of the old high steppers with no power steering

Let the crying begin

Poop Head

Judge me.
@rod took his road test in a steam powered truck

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Let him take a test on one of the old high steppers with no power steering

Let the crying begin

Hated those mother:censored2:ers

Little narrow cab and the seat was a piece of plywood with a piece of foam stapled to it with a piece of canvas stapled to that

Busted my shins more times than I can remember trying climb up into the tall
POS

I don’t even want to start on the lack of heat or defrost

Hated those mother:censored2:ers

Little narrow cab and the seat was a piece of plywood with a piece of foam stapled to it with a piece of canvas stapled to that

Busted my shins more times than I can remember trying climb up into the tall
POS

I don’t even want to start on the lack of heat or defrost
They was garbage,no doubt

When I got my first power steering truck I thought I was in heaven.

Re-Raise

i want to be a pilot .. maybe they can replace all of those stupid gauges and stuff with a simple steering wheel and an up or down plane button!!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Just follow Orion...
giphy.gif

BrownSnowFlake

To be fair:

I failed the driving test my first time even after driving stick for 10 years. The gearbox on a Ford Ranger feels a lot different than a P30. Especially that first gear, or creeper gear, it’s about pointless.

It’s also too easy to accidentally shift into 4th instead of 2nd. I did this once while driving air and stalled in the middle of an intersection. Luckily my supervisor doesn’t know of this or I probably wouldn’t be driving now.

My advice to OP is to track down a 35 year old stepvan and get some practice. In NYC it shouldn’t be too hard. Not easy, but not too hard.

BigFrank

Big frank come on dog push the clutch in put it in gear give her a little gas and let off clutch slowl
I did do that, I just forgot to release emergency break, I guess I was nervous. I hope I get a second chance at road test. Everybody deserves a second chance in life.