Road test in manual/stickshift transmission failure/2 chance at road test?

KoennenTiger

In my center we got like 75 trucks. Fifteen are still manuals. What are you going to do when you get put out to cover a route in an ancient pos truck with 600,000 miles and a manual gear box? What?! Demand I trade out all my boxes with yours? Newbie thinks you can get a new truck right away? Lol

Also props to gumby here I love my new truck. It's long and narrow, but it's fast and oh my sweet jebus it's sooooo quiet.

Can't make a u turn unless I have six lanes to use but I love my baby.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Fleet needs to be automatic now, three years is too long. Its a lot of people that can not drive stick, and Ups stupid standard transmission requirement are preventing them for getting the driver job.

What happens when that nice pretty, succulent automatic breaks down?? The mechanics bring you that dog :censored2: manual that should have been put down years ago. To anyone taking the test welcome to UPS it only gets better from there.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
not yet, bit has been about two weeks. when I log in to ups jobs it states that my application is inactive, on file no action needed at this time. maybe somebody will throw in towel, or becaome disqualified, and I will take that person's place.

Bad news Frank you’re done

Time to move on

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I never had a road test. I never had any kind of UPS schooling. I went right from part time car washer/ car spotter/ trailer loader/ receiving counter/ porter/ jack of all trades on Friday to full time driver on Tuesday (Memorial day weekend 1971). I never was sent to any training classes in Minneapolis- in fact I've never been in any of the facilities in the Twin Cities. (apparently I was just that good).:-) My total "training" was a District Manager road with me for 2 days when I started delivering. There was a lot of "do as I say not as I do" talk. We even delivered some residential with the bulkhead door and the back door on my P-600 wide open because it was really hot out

You did have it tough back then.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I could tell stories all day long about how tough we had it but I'm saving the majority of them for when it's proved Dave is back. He really likes to hear my stories.

You’re preaching to the choir.

(I worked there back then.)

clean hairy

Next we hear:
"I got my 2nd road test but failed." "I kept hitting curbs on right turns"
"I think the city should remove all curbs, and it is unfair to give me a road test where there are curbs"
"How soon do I get to try again?"