roll away, never shown / told hand brake tightening

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPSER1987

I went from integrad to 6 days a week, 12 hrs a day peak, countless hills. Not one issue. And not once did anyone watch me do a pre-trip or get out with me on a hill during my ride-on after integrad and show me an example of the methods or tightening brake. we did not cover hills at integrad or even curbed wheels. not once. just once is all I needed. even just a handbook we have to sign off on once a week. that way the sups don't have to do anything because they won't anyway, and new guys still know what they need to know.
but congratulations on your groundbreakingly sarcastic jab at me.
arent you original?

You sound whiny and needy. Wouldn’t want you on my team.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
...and had your mistake resulted in a little kid being run over and killed you would have had to live with that for the rest of your life....

If----and it is a huge if-----you get your your job back, SLOW DOWN and make sure that you are safely securing the package car at each and every stop.

Yeah, I got laughed at in my FXG terminal for applying the parking brake whenever I stop, even inside the line-up...

I told them it's 2nd nature for me because I use "best practices" or "the UPS way"

rushing leads to accidents as the OP had experienced. So not making sure it was a in park...Did he left the engine running too?

I admit to having done it the dumb typical FXG way at a stop when rushing in the past and returned to a stationary vehicle because the parking brake held... whoops.

After that close call, I established that routine of park, engage parking brake, shut down the engine.

In my personal vehicles, I actually shift to neutral first, engage parking brake to see if it holds, thus relieve the stress on the parking pawl , then shift to park & shut down.

I'll just have to remind them of this when they pester me next time:

Last edited:

OrioN

Team
Lmao
What's so funny about team?

I established a teamwork mentality on my belt line... to the tune that I don't have to drive today since we're caught up.

Last night, 3 of us were done before 1500, but found out one driver still have 90 stops to go.

We all went to take ~20 stops each & ALL clocked out before 2000, instead of letting that one driver stay out late.

That's what I want outta my drivers if I want them to stay happy. (Sure, I'm a defacto manager for now until this pandemic peak season subsidies)

Corny as it is, that's Wut I'm singing while balancing the workload of each route every morning

Last edited:

11.19igrad

I established a teamwork mentality on my belt line... to the tune that I don't have to drive today since we're caught up.

Last night, 3 of us were done before 1500, but found out one driver still have 90 stops to go.

We all went to take ~20 stops each & ALL clocked out before 2000, instead of letting that one driver stay out late.

That's what I want outta my drivers if I want them to stay happy. (Sure, I'm a defacto manager for now until this pandemic peak season subsidies)

Corny as it is, that's Wut I'm singing while balancing the workload of each route every morning

anything remotely important or representative of someone's individual experience
is "funny" on here.

if you didn't pop out of your mother ready to munch on bologna sandwiches in ups trucks for 50yrs and didnt need any training then youre a loser at life.

OrioN

to munch on bologna sandwiches in ups trucks

Yuck, I thought u brownies were more compensated than that, even during progression...

Plus, being in a union doesn't give you drivers a sense of teamwork to help each other out? Or I guess it's depending on the location.

Hope your union rep can get your job back, u paid enough into it to get u another chance behind the wheel.

It's 1800, my drivers are all ok today...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
anything remotely important or representative of someone's individual experience
is "funny" on here.

if you didn't pop out of your mother ready to munch on bologna sandwiches in ups trucks for 50yrs and didnt need any training then youre a loser at life.

99238F07-B961-48A6-976B-ECBA60F680B8.gif

OrioN

Uh......no.

BTW, I like bologna.
That's a shame... I did read in the past other threads that some will give a cover driver some pointers on how to run their routes...

Guess OrioN has that covered,LoL

PS, the standard bologna

Or

something similar to nj Taylor pork roll slices

clean hairy

OP, you might have gotten some respect with your first post being "I messed up. Did not use the handbrake and had a rollaway. How do I keep from getting fired?"
Instead, coming on here as a tough guy "not my fault, I will go in and tell management this is unacceptable!"
AND, after being given some great advice, STILL not able to admit your own mistake!
Good thing you were dropped like a bad habit!
(Watch, he will have some stupid response, as this is too far above his understanding)

Est.1998

It took you about 5 hours to do 20 stops?

Status
Not open for further replies.