roll away, never shown / told hand brake tightening

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
im gonna end with this: most of u guys didn't get flown to atlanta, put up in very nice hotel and fed 3 nice meals a day and sat in a class room for 7.5 hrs a day. All Im saying is with all the expense and time they had, they couldnt take 2 hours to let us go practice all methods on actual deliveries and took an hour to go thru a rollaway prevention course? looking back it was all fluff and thats not how to put self reliant figure it out guys on the streets. I just wanted to learn my job well and avoid any accidents like this. There is still plenty you cant train but these are the essentials that need to be demonstrated in real life.

Is this your final rant/speech?

im gonna end with this: most of u guys didn't get flown to atlanta, put up in very nice hotel and fed 3 nice meals a day and sat in a class room for 7.5 hrs a day. All Im saying is with all the expense and time they had, they couldnt take 2 hours to let us go practice all methods on actual deliveries and took an hour to go thru a rollaway prevention course? looking back it was all fluff and thats not how to put self reliant figure it out guys on the streets. I just wanted to learn my job well and avoid any accidents like this. There is still plenty you cant train but these are the essentials that need to be demonstrated in real life.

Buh-bye.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Y
Most new drivers don't need a CDL or a 4K quality instructional video featuring their favorite YouTuber to figure out the hand brake. Maybe the Company could start a sort of driver special ed class for those who would normally fall through the cracks with that.
Yeah like head start, a short bus for kids that can't find a stop without gps, can't run a route without coming in 2 hrs early to look through the load, or figure out a hand brake. Come in on Saturdays and we'll teach you how to wipe your butt and flush the toilet.

Federal Reserve Chairman

Roll (Run) Away <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

clean hairy

If he buys a car from a dealer with a hand brake and gets into an accident, he will blame the sales rep for not telling or showing him how to use it.

clean hairy

@11.19igrad your username includes "igrad", I'm assuming because you went to Integrad (Or DTS, whatever they call it in your neck of the woods). In Integrad, which I've seen just from the YouTube videos includes a hell of a lot of hand-holding, you would have been introduced to the 340 Methods. Here are two excerpts from said literature:

View attachment 302363View attachment 302364

Now what major malfunction, if any, do you claim?
And had he been in wreck causing death or serious injury and tried to play the " never shown or told how to use the handbrake"
He would be toast, for admitting he never did a pre trip.
I am confident that the company has their butts covered as to what is taught at the driver school.

11.19igrad

And had he been in wreck causing death or serious injury and tried to play the " never shown or told how to use the handbrake"
He would be toast, for admitting he never did a pre trip.
I am confident that the company has their butts covered as to what is taught at the driver school.
i used the handbrake all day everyday. it becoming "loose" was news to me. it was fine on pretrip and all stoplights. but knowing it became loose with use and i needed to tighten it.... not a word ever from anyone. and no, they dont have any proof i was shown this. Ive never even been tested on a pretrip once at my hub. or on a single stop. never corrected on anything once. except go faster.

11.19igrad

i used the handbrake all day everyday. it becoming "loose" was news to me. it was fine on pretrip and all stoplights. but knowing it became loose with use and i needed to tighten it.... not a word ever from anyone. and no, they dont have any proof i was shown this. Ive never even been tested on a pretrip once at my hub. or on a single stop. never corrected on anything once. except go faster.
i never claimed to be the worlds brightest dude. but you want me to deliver $100k+ worth of postage for you everyday and you cant show me the basic essentials so i can safely break my ass for $20/hr????

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
i never claimed to be the worlds brightest dude. but you want me to deliver $100k+ worth of postage for you everyday and you cant show me the basic essentials so i can safely break my ass for $20/hr????
I have set up a GoFundMe account for you, now leave. This one thread is going to overload my computer, my cowbox gateway can't handle 36 pages of responses.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Let it go cuz. It happened, move along. Learn from your mistake, do better next time even if somewhere else. Life doesn't come with a step by step, every single scenario manual and neither does this job!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

And here I thought you left.

Damm!

11.19igrad

Let it go cuz. It happened, move along. Learn from your mistake, do better next time even if somewhere else. Life doesn't come with a step by step, every single scenario manual and neither does this job!
we should have a drivers manual. sups have to earn their living. corporate has to earn theirs. im just inconvienent so everyone wants me to eat :censored2: and piss off. this was a complete joke and mockery of someone trying to work and learn a new job, i own my part of messing up but why is it getting water out of a stone to acknowledge their part in my training??
no i will not take all the blame!! i was only driving 2 months!!

we should have a drivers manual. sups have to earn their living. corporate has to earn theirs. im just inconvienent so everyone wants me to eat :censored2: and piss off. this was a complete joke and mockery of someone trying to work and learn a new job, i own my part of messing up but why is it getting water out of a stone to acknowledge their part in my training??
no i will not take all the blame!! i was only driving 2 months!!

I own my part of messing up....I won't take the blame....wow.

And here I thought the most pathetic thing on BC was a management-friendly retiree turned tax man in upstate new york chiming in on :censored2: he knows nothing about...

ya thought wrong

Don't worry @cosmo1 clearly I thought wrong too.

Status
Not open for further replies.