roll away, never shown / told hand brake tightening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Any decent slope the package car gets left in gear. I never trusted those handbrakes.
Always in 1st gear, handbrake fully tightened. And wheels pointed appropriately, touching the curb on ANY bit of an incline/decline. Mirror tucked in. EVERY time

What'dyabringmetoday???

BTW another thing. Drivers are not supposed to work on equipment , adjust , loosen, tighten anything. Write it up. If it is a safety item it will put out of service until repaired .

The vehicle will not roll if placed in park with the parking brake on.Unless mechanical failure. Like I said before either you messed up or a shop inspection of vehicle will clear you from fault.
But according to some of your posts, you regularly worked on "equipment".
Perhaps it was different if YOU did that?? Lol.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
They must be doing safety rides different these days. Emergency brake routine was always covered on mine. As Poop Head stated, emergency brake engaged at every stop no matter the terrain. Always tested mine throughout the day and kept it tight.

Nah
Congrats to your management team. But does anyone actually do it?

No.

I guess it just depends where you're at, we have full-time car washes here That's their job

We have FT car washers also and they all say they don't have enough time to do everything. PT sup says that is not their job. Our management team is very weak.

My old building had two article 22.3s who spent half their day checking fluids during preload hours. Ultimately, no matter what the company tries to say, it is ultimately the driver's responsibility imo.

11.19igrad

Always in 1st gear, handbrake fully tightened. And wheels pointed appropriately, touching the curb on ANY bit of an incline/decline. Mirror tucked in. EVERY time
im gonna tattoo this on my forehead. integrad was so much at once, if they leave it up to just that and no follow up, thats bs. all i needed was reminders and drills during pcms. im all for taking my share of the blame.

11.19igrad

im gonna tattoo this on my forehead. integrad was so much at once, if they leave it up to just that and no follow up, thats bs. all i needed was reminders and drills during pcms. im all for taking my share of the blame.
this really should be one of the 5's and 10's

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
I believe you. Anything about checking engine oil? Or is that a mechanics responsibility also? Or radiator coolant? Or windshield washer fluid? How about DEF in the new diesel trucks?

We had a package car at my old center that used so much oil the car washers had to check it and sign off on it every night. It finally seized up when the right people were on vacation at the same time and it didn't get checked for three days.

11.19igrad

Quit looking for excuses. You screwed up.

wow, dont u feel big and bad behind your computer?

screw-ups are avoidable if management would take 2 minutes to review :censored2: with us. 98% of their agenda and communication with us is all about quota. this blame is split between me, management, and the mechanics. on my on road after my incident in Jan, I drove a big 24 ft bulk truck and none of this handbrake stuff or parking wheel to curb was covered. nor was it covered anymore after integrad. but I also had no issues until now with a handbrake. we only drove in a little camp and around a few blocks at integrad. we were never shown actual examples of wheels to curb and checking handbrakes, loose vs tight. all i can do is learn from this.

542thruNthru

wow, dont u feel big and bad behind your computer?

screw-ups are avoidable if management would take 2 minutes to review :censored2: with us. 98% of their agenda and communication with us is all about quota. this blame is split between me, management, and the mechanics. on my on road after my incident in Jan, I drove a big 24 ft bulk truck and none of this handbrake stuff or parking wheel to curb was covered. nor was it covered anymore after integrad. but I also had no issues until now with a handbrake. we only drove in a little camp and around a few blocks at integrad. we were never shown actual examples of wheels to curb and checking handbrakes, loose vs tight. all i can do is learn from this.

You're still making excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.